PDA

View Full Version : The old SFAS versus the new

preston
10-20-2005, 23:03
I just read a rather long (and interesting) series of posts describing a candiates expierence with SFAS.

I went through in 94 and how things have changed. It seems the focus has really shifted to land nav. Does this mean the team events are gone?

No more Mr. Sandman or the Pails Of Pain? What about the jeep with flat tires, or the ammo crates full of sand?

Have they pulled the star exam from the Q-Course?

Kyobanim
10-21-2005, 06:34
Preston, fill out your profile.

The Reaper
10-21-2005, 08:34
Fill out your profile, read the stickies, introduce yourself, and consider that you might be ruining the movie for others by sharing too much.

TR

oorah4jc
10-29-2005, 23:59
Quiet operation...

The Reaper
10-30-2005, 08:19
Lol, the shroud of secrecy extends even to the very basic of SF institutions.

Ritchie, do you have something to add?

TR

Surgicalcric
10-30-2005, 08:22
Lol, the shroud of secrecy extends even to the very basic of SF institutions.

Having been to SFAS I will say this. Its not a shroud of secrecy as much as it is guarded gate. SFAS is where ones prospective SF career either begins or ends. It is also where ones reputation, whether good or bad, begins as well both with the cadre and your fellow students.

SFAS is a test and should remain one which the candidates only have vague knowledge of the subjects they will be tested on. Knowing the questions gives candidates an unfair advantage by removing the stress designed into the course. That being said, it is my understanding SFAS is constantly changing. Information gleamed from someone who went years to months ago may very well be useless. Trying to G2 SFAS is also an integrity violation and noone wants someone on their ODA who's integrity is questionable.

I venture to say everything a candidate needs to prepare for The First Test can be found here on PS.com.

my .02 and well worth what you paid.

Crip

JMI
10-30-2005, 08:38
Hope things are going well for you Crip.

QRQ 30
10-30-2005, 10:07
A few things I learned in the Army:

The unit you are in was always better before you got there.

Things in the past were always better and harder than the present.

The Jeep would never work because you had to give it gas. All a mule needed was grass.:D :lifter :boohoo