PDA

View Full Version : OSUT Stories

Wiseman
10-17-2005, 17:42
First let me explain a bit about myself. I had interest in the military since high school. Later on I joined an ROTC program in my university. I did not contract yet because I heard of a program called SMP ( Simultaneous Membership Program ). I planned on attending OSUT at Ft.Benning and then contract with ROTC as an SMP cadet during my junior year ( still in process).

Well, before arriving at my training battalion I had to spend 2 weeks at 30th AG. They thought I had tuberculosis so they kept me there and ran some tests. They determined I had nothing so I had to wait for the next class to come in. Meanwhile to keep me busy they put me with Excess to do a bunch of details.

Day one. They stuffed us into a cattle truck with all of our shit ( filled laundry bag and a duffel bag ). We were riding in the truck and someone apparently was keeping an eye on what was going outside through the small windows. "Ok I see a field......another field" then you hear "Oh shit". That is when I heard the faint sounds of the drill sergeants' yelling approaching and it got louder. "Get the fuck off of my truck, get the fuck off!!". At this moment I'm holding my laundry bag full of all of my shit and running like a deer to Echo field. I get to the formation area and then the drill sergeants tell us to hold our laundry bags over our head. We're holding them and holding them, not too soon you hear grunts and "oooohhss" and "argggggs". They finally tell us to put them down. I was standing at the position of attention while they were calling us out by last name. A drill sergeant came by behind me and said "That's a nice watch, but no one needs to see it" and pulled my sleeve all the way down to conceal the watch. Another drill sergeant came by and looked at me and said "Are you a PT stud?" and I said "I don't know, drill sergeant". The drill sergeant went on and said "You look a lot like a guy from last cycle who kept getting 300s"......"We will see". Anyway, after you heard your name, you hauled ass to that respective platoon. After we were formed up at our respective platoons, we were given index cards. The drill sergeant said "This is your roster number, memorize it!!". We were rushed into the training area. I don't remember why, but our drill sergeant told us once again to put our laundry bags over our head :) . Finally we were told to head upstairs where more things awaited us.

More to come, lets see if my brain circuits are working and can piece each event in respective order.

stakk4
10-18-2005, 08:39
One of the things that sticks out in my mind from OSUT was our platoon gettin smoked butt-naked in the bay. Apparently, someone had complained that there was someone with a personal hygiene issue. We were assembled in the bay, and my psychotic felon Drill SGT (dang he was a character) comes stormin in.

DS: "You don't wanna wash your ass? YOU DON'T WANNA WASH YOUR FUCKIN ASSES?! Strip! STRIP BITCHES! DROP YO FUCKIN DRAWERS!!"

What could we do? We stripped.

DS: "The side straddle hop!"

IET's (whispering): "The side straddle hop? No way!"

DS: "In cadence.....EXERCISE!!"

My memory gets fuzzy here. There was a lot of flopping, you just focus on the ceiling. I remember DS B's cadence...."A-ONE-TWO-TREE.....A-ONE-TWO-TREE....YA WANNA FUCK WIT ME....YA THINK THAT I'M FUNNY....A-ONE-TWO-TREE...."

We proceeded on to the butt naked push-up (the freezing cold tile floor is not your friend when your dingle-dangle dangles on it.) The worst was the butt naked bear crawl. If the person in front of you stopped too quickly, you wanted to throw punches.

Then he said: "Hold on, Bitches. Lemme get my rubber."

This raised a few eyebrows. He was talking about the wet weather baggy that went around his brown round, and his wet weather top. We had 8 shower stalls, he went to the first, and turned on only the cold water. He went to the second, and turned on only the hot. Third was pure cold, fourth pure hot, etc. 30 seconds in each stall. If you've never heard a DS blow their whistle in the echoing confines of a shower, its deafining. Plus him screaming and cursing at us at 100 Db and 100 mph, promising that if we didn't get the point, we could repeat the exercise every 2 hours throughout the night. I can look back on it now and laugh. When I told my wife about it, I was afraid she was going to pop a blood vessel she was laughing so hard. Not exactly oozing sympathy over my traumatic experience.

S

Gypsy
10-18-2005, 12:34
Note to self...close office door while reading this thread in the future. :D LOL!