10-11-2005, 15:44
Article on suicides of Special Forces soldiers in the 10th SFGA

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051011/ap_on_re_us/soldier_suicides

aricbcool
10-11-2005, 17:20
RIP :(

Warrior-Mentor
10-11-2005, 19:36
Hate it when the media mixes SF Soldiers with Soldiers in SF Units.

Firebeef
10-11-2005, 23:09
Bill Howell was an operator. He was a friend. We were on different teams in the same company. We shot, rucked, jumped, bullshitted and drank a few beers now and again together. He came to my retirement party. I didn't know the other men, they were support guys, but men of 10th Group just the same. I am sure if you ran the data on almost any combat arms unit, you would most likely find similar trends. Someone in the Colorado Springs newsroom of the Denver Post ran across this "shocking story" and it ran locally here in Colorado....hmmm, this summer maybe?!? Special Forces are relative newcomers to Colorado so when someone "discovers" that stress gets to some of these "steeley eyed killers" it makes all the pinkos in the Republic of Boulder think that they are onto something new. I agree that it's a shame that the public has no idea that 2 out of the 3 weren't operators, or would likely care if they did know. It's a shame any way you look at it.

God speed Bill and best to your family.
RIP all

Detcord
10-12-2005, 03:03
RIP gentlemen.

Martin
10-12-2005, 07:10
RIP

QRQ 30
10-12-2005, 07:22
Hate it when the media mixes SF Soldiers with Soldiers in SF Units.

First things first : May our lost brothers RIP.

Now, let's not let the Tab weigh us down. I served my time in HHC and Sig Co as well as A-Teams and SOG. We can't launch our bullets and be heroes without someone supplying the bullets. We are all part of the same team.

CoLawman
10-12-2005, 08:55
RIP Soldiers.

My condolensces to you Doug, it hurts alot more when there is a direct connection.

It goes with out saying that no matter what your occupation or career, suicide becomes the escape mechanism for those unable to cope. Last I knew, Dentists still held the top spot for suicide/occupation ration.

Razor
10-12-2005, 09:56
Bill Howell was a good man and a solid soldier; I hope he's finally free of the demons that drove him from us.

Abu Jack
10-12-2005, 17:24
I went through the Q with Bill. My wife baby sat his daughter when he moved to Carson. He was a good man, a good friend and one of the best soldiers around. I still cannot connect the Bill I knew with how his life ended. Like Razor, I hope he is happy where he is.

Warrior-Mentor
10-12-2005, 17:51
First things first : May our lost brothers RIP.

Now, let's not let the Tab weigh us down. I served my time in HHC and Sig Co as well as A-Teams and SOG. We can't launch our bullets and be heroes without someone supplying the bullets. We are all part of the same team.

Agreed. It's a loss no matter who it is.

Goggles Pizano
10-13-2005, 06:44
Rest in peace men.

longtab
10-13-2005, 14:25
I've heard only good things of Chief Howell. That ODA also lost their Team Sergeant, MSG Kelly Hornbeck, a few months prior during OIF2. Both outstanding men.

Rest in Peace Brothers.