PDA

View Full Version : Car thread

cszakolczai
10-04-2005, 16:42
Don't think this has been done yet, so lets try it. Whats everyones Favorite car and why? And what is everybody driving?
Chris

freds4
10-05-2005, 06:37
I'll try this again.....
My favorite car and current ride is a 2003 Mitsubuishi Evolution. It is an amazing performer and to my knowledge is the only race-ready car you can buy for $30,000. It was designed for rally racing but my youngest Son and I use it for road and autocross racing on the weekends. It has only a 2-liter 4-cylinder but the intercooled turbocharger turns it into a V-8 killer. The all wheel drive means traction is never an issue and enables it to go zero to 60 in 5 seconds and mine is currently covering the 1/4 mile in about 12.3 seconds. (with some simple mods).
I would post a photo but the web nazis out here won't allow it.

SP5IC
10-05-2005, 16:00
1989 Mustang Convertible LX 5.0 -- red with a white top and white leather interior. 64,000 miles and it goes a 1,000 miles an hour, or so it seems. Nothing like a mid-life crisis.

aricbcool
10-05-2005, 16:16
1966 Mustang hardtop, 289 - V8. My first car. Still have it. It's about 4 different colors: Red, Black, Rust, and Bondo. :D
It runs great though.

--Aric

Roguish Lawyer
10-05-2005, 16:43
I drive a 1997 BMW 540i. Been meaning to get a new car, but haven't gotten around to it and the one I have is still driving fine.

kgoerz
10-05-2005, 17:01
Ok ill go first...ONE THAT IS PAID FOR!

HOLLiS
10-05-2005, 17:04
Were I live, cars are not very pratical, I would love to have a convertable 2 seater. In winter a 4x4 is needed. I like diesel trucks. I have a 01 Ford Diesel Excursion and a 03 Ford Ranger, funny thing is, the fuel ecomomy is about the same. Wife drives a Bravado. But the Ultimate ride is a John Deere. I sold my Harley and kept the Deere.

Maisy
10-05-2005, 17:33
My favourite car so far is my last one, a 1.8L turbo Audi A4. I got it new with sports suspension, tiptronic gearbox and leather and woodgrain interior. It could do 120 mile/hr and 0-60 in under 10 secs. My very own little rocket ship, just perfect for getting through traffic or driving 1200 miles to see the family. I loved that baby!

What I'm driving now? A 2001 steel-grey Ford station wagon, which I have not so affectionately nicknamed the wallowing whale. It was supposed to be the "sensible" buy. :rolleyes:

Huey14
10-05-2005, 18:47
Oh no not a Falcon!

You have great taste, Maisy. I'd love an Audi, an A4 would do but I would prefer an S8 or even an RS8 :D

I'm driving a 94 Nissan Cefiro right now. Big car, but that just makes it all the more exiciting driving around Central Wellington quickly LOL.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-05-2005, 18:49
Don't think this has been done yet, so lets try it. Whats everyones Favorite car and why? And what is everybody driving?
Chris

Hmmm...Well we have three cars.

1.) Wife: 2005 Lexus 330 SUV with all the goodies. (Nav system, read seat DVD, etc.)

2.) Me: 2006 Lexus GS 300 (All wheel drive) No Nav system, lots of other goodies.

3.) '91 Mazda Miata, roadster, red with both tops, AC electric windows and a lot of extras. (We hardly drive it, I think it has maybe 6000+ miles on it.)

The SUV gets most of the mileage, I guess because it sits outside in the driveway and the other two in garage.

My GS has maybe 400+ miles, I need to drive it more. I really like this car, it handles real nice and is fun to drive. :munchin

Maisy
10-05-2005, 19:35
I'd love an Audi, an A4 would do but I would prefer an S8 or even an RS8

We are an Audi family. My OH races a 1981 quattro, and right now there are two more in the driveway "just for parts, Hon!". I think they're breeding. :rolleyes:

The Falcon was bought solely to tow the race-car, stick the dogs in the back, blah, blah. Next time I'm just getting a 4WD and be done with it! :D

This is the race-car.

The Reaper
10-05-2005, 21:17
Favorite? 1970 429 Boss Mustang.

Driving? Acura TL and Dodge Ram.

Riding? Harley Davidson Road King.

TR

Huey14
10-05-2005, 21:41
Mate of our family has a Hog. Not sure what type though since I'm not really into them. They also did the Centenury the other year- drove from Coast to Coast on it. Very cool.

Maisy, I love the Quattro. Your other half has the right idea :D

Detcord
10-05-2005, 21:55
Not one mention of Chevy's yet. Man...

Getting horsepower out of a small block or big block Chevy is so easy and effortless, not to mention the longevity of the motors. 67-69 Camaro and 69-70 Chevelle bodies rule....

Most fun vehicle to drive ever? The M151 jeep.

Overall though, anything with a trigger, throttle, or gas pedal works for me!!!

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-06-2005, 01:05

Getting horsepower out of a small block or big block Chevy is so easy and effortless, not to mention the longevity of the motors. 67-69 Camaro and 69-70 Chevelle bodies rule....

Most fun vehicle to drive ever? The M151 jeep.

Overall though, anything with a trigger, throttle, or gas pedal works for me!!!

"The M151 jeep." Yeah as long as you keep the shiney side up! :D

Pete
10-06-2005, 05:49

1986 Chevy K10 (4x4) Pickup. Light blue, Dark blue, primer black in spots and tons of rust on the hood and roof. It's my "Yard Truck".

The girls and I go ripping around town in it when we get an ice or snow storm. Put tracks through all the big parking lots, splash slush everywhere and go up to the quick stop for coffee. Then drive around for a while more before heading home to the fire.

CoLawman
10-06-2005, 07:39
GMC 3/4 ton Pickup 4X4. Very Boring but Very Paid For!

@work it is a plain Jane Tahoe with a Kojak Light. :D

Peregrino
10-06-2005, 08:34
Right now it's the wife's diesel VW Beetle. No guts, no glory, but it gets >40 MPG. Plus I can put davits on the back of my F-350 and use it for a lifeboat. :D Seriously, I like the truck and I've got a soft spot for TLC FJ-40s and GT Mustangs (whoever was responsible for styling the new ones earned his paycheck).

casey
10-06-2005, 09:43
73 Vette 350/250 hp L82. Original Nassau blue paint/black leather interior, t-tops, 71,000 original miles, & all #'s match. Sitting in my garage now..... supporting the Christmas decorations and hockey equipment very nicely I might add.

sharkmanII
10-06-2005, 10:07
Well here goes... my O/H and I have a myriad of cars. I LOVE automobiles and have become somewhat of a collector since retirement, and a better income, has allowed me the luxury. :)

2002 Lexus ES 300 it's the O/H's (all the options)
1999 F 250 SD Diesel Lariat ( 47,000 miles, all the options and WAY up in the air)
1998 F 150 XL ( MY first new vehicle, was my "work truck")
1992 Chrysler convertible ( the O/H's mid life crisis, all the options)
1992 Mazda MX-3 ( given to me, I repaired for $600 and it gets 35mpg, current work car for a 100 mile daily r/t commute)
1983 K-10 Chevy short bed (just a toy, SBC, 4" lift on 33" tires)
1979 El Camino SS (just a toy, 450+ hp SBC I built myself) :lifter
1970 Monte Carlo SS ( the 2nd love of my life, 500+ hp BBC, completely restored to original except for the engine and rear end mods) :lifter
2001 HD Ultra Classic ( OUR toy, Biketoberfest bound)

Not braggin' folks, just VERY fortunate (thank you lord) to be in our current tax bracket. :o

CPTAUSRET
10-06-2005, 11:14
1984 VW Rabbit convertible Nancy bought it new and it's her toy.

!989 Porsche 911 Carrera w/13000 mi Same as above.

1998 Audi Avant

2003 Audi dual Turbo AllRoad

2004 VW Touareg V8

2004 Corvette Z06 with a few mod's

And they are all paid for.

Terry

Team Sergeant
10-06-2005, 11:27
74 Gremlin, all paid for and still running great!

(Needs a new paint job......)

The Reaper
10-06-2005, 11:33

You cleaned up and mowed your back yard!

See what you can find?

TR

vsvo
10-06-2005, 11:34
Right now it's the wife's diesel VW Beetle. No guts, no glory, but it gets >40 MPG. Plus I can put davits on the back of my F-350 and use it for a lifeboat. :D Seriously, I like the truck and I've got a soft spot for TLC FJ-40s and GT Mustangs (whoever was responsible for styling the new ones earned his paycheck).

We had a Golf TDI. I wasn't too crazy about the car, but I loved the engine, and would like to get another diesel. Have you run biodiesel through it?

Hopefully, with low-sulfur diesel mandated in 2006, diesels will take off. But apparently stricter emissions requirements in 2009 will kill them unless the manufacturers figure out how to scrub the NOx. I recall reading about urea injection as a promising technology, problem is making sure people keep the urea tank filled. :)

Also, did you see Toyota is bringing an updated FJ back? If they put a diesel in that I'd trade my Tahoe in for one.

ghuinness
10-06-2005, 11:57
1999 F 250 SD Diesel Lariat ( 47,000 miles, all the options and WAY up in the air)

Have you ever had the butterfly valve sticking on your 99? I'm doing my own troubleshooting and found some suggestions to pull the electrical EBPV plug (near the turbo).

'99 F250 SD Diesel 7.3L 4x4 -160Kmiles.

BamBam
10-06-2005, 12:24
I like cars..............wish I had a good mid 60's GM muscle car, 65-66 GTO, or a split window Corvette coupe, but I don't. What I do have is a 2004 Cadillac CTS, great cars performs well, and is good American answer to the BMW's, and Meredes in tis class. Wife drives 2004 Mustang, not my choice, hers. I am not a big Ford fan. The good thing, we own them not the bank or finance company.

As for as trucks go, my ole grandaddy use to say "If it don't got GMC wrote on the side then it's not a truck".

Goggles Pizano
10-06-2005, 12:50
Favorite car is without doubt a 70 Dodge Charger, 440 R/T.

I drive a Chevy Avalanche but I have a 68 GTO in the garage. :cool:

CPTAUSRET
10-06-2005, 14:14
My first new car was a 1964 GTO, 3 dueces, 4 speed, it ran well...I raced it a little too much, and put a rod through the side of the engine, replaced it with a modified 421 which ran even better.

Terry

Yoshi
10-06-2005, 16:44
2 years ago last August I picked up a 1995 Honda Civic for $1400. The best thing about my car, aside from the insanely good gas mileage, is that I have put about 60k miles on it since getting it, and have only had to replace the CV joints and the occasional tire. That was at about 150k miles. The body needs about $500 worth of work, but the engine itself is in terrific shape.

Pete
10-06-2005, 17:20
...problem is making sure people keep the urea tank filled.

Keep drinking beer and the tank will stay full. :D Recycle.

Weazle23
10-06-2005, 17:44
I'm driving a '92 Nissan 240sx

I bought it the weekend after 9/11, easy to remember. It had 59K miles and Iv'e put over 50K miles on it since. Iv'e kept the Washington (state) plates on it :D and have noticed several other cars around Bragg with Mt Ranier on their plates. :lifter

cszakolczai
10-06-2005, 18:48
Favorite? 1970 429 Boss Mustang.

Driving? Acura TL and Dodge Ram.

Riding? Harley Davidson Road King.

TR

TR hows that Acura? My dads looking into it, and I personally love it. Heard it has great performance and gets fairly decent mileage.

Oh and Roguish Lawyer Nice BMW. I am a BMW fanatic, there my favorite car company.
Heres a car you guys might enjoy BMW M6 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/cszakolczai/BMWM6.jpg)
Its the New M6 from BMW. I took that pic in Munich Germany over the summer.
This car in my opinion, is the most grogeous car I have seen for a long time, the pics don't do it justice, and the black and white is the best way I could show the lines.
Chris
P.S Tell me if that Link works, and Roguish Lawyer, if your lookin for a new car, that might be on the money for you. Other than the price which I'm sure is probobly way up there.

Gypsy
10-06-2005, 18:50
Currently I still have my 1999 Grand Prix. About 110K miles on it and she runs like a charm. One of my favorite cars to date.

cszakolczai
10-06-2005, 18:54
My friend has a 99 grand prix also. He loves it but you couldn't tell that by how he treats it.
Chris

sharkmanII
10-06-2005, 18:57
Have you ever had the butterfly valve sticking on your 99? I'm doing my own troubleshooting and found some suggestions to pull the electrical EBPV plug (near the turbo).

'99 F250 SD Diesel 7.3L 4x4 -160Kmiles.
Mine is still a babe in the woods. I bought it to pull my bike and car trailers and used it alot less than I thought I would. It is an early 99, 4x4, and I put a chip in it right after purchase and I have never had ANY problems with it. I am now knocking very hard on my wooden desk!! :D

Gypsy
10-06-2005, 18:58
LOL I bought it from a friend of mine back at the end of 2000...I think he was in love with it. Would call me every week and ask me if it was clean, waxed etc.

I still can't get your picture link to work Chris. Maybe it's my browser...

cszakolczai
10-06-2005, 19:23
Its probobly just the link, I'll look at it and see if I can't get it to work somehow else. If it doesn't someone is going to have to tell me how to do it. If my friend ever cleaned his car I think that would be the day hell froze over. :D
Chris

Gypsy
10-06-2005, 19:36
Well you could save the picture to your computer desk top and then attach it to a new post. Under the post screen there are additional options. Click on "manage attachments" and then click browse to find your pic and upload.

Your friend sounds bad. :D

ghuinness
10-06-2005, 19:38
Mine is still a babe in the woods. I bought it to pull my bike and car trailers and used it alot less than I thought I would. It is an early 99, 4x4, and I put a chip in it right after purchase and I have never had ANY problems with it. I am now knocking very hard on my wooden desk!! :D

No worries - I have had mine since 9000 miles.

Drive 100 miles round trip to work every day, tow horses about every 6 weeks and I wouldn't trade it .....well - maybe for an F350 4x4 32 valve Diesel :D

cszakolczai
10-06-2005, 19:40
Well you could save the picture to your computer desk top and then attach it to a new post. Under the post screen there are additional options. Click on "manage attachments" and then click browse to find your pic and upload.

Your friend sounds bad. :D

He is pretty bad about his car, but he is starting to get better. By me annoying the hell outa him, lol :D
Chris
And I will post the pic soon, thanks.

cszakolczai
10-06-2005, 19:46
Here is the car, now this should work. As I said, one word for this car. GORGEOUS!
Chris

Gypsy
10-06-2005, 19:51
VERRRRRRRY NICE!

The Reaper
10-06-2005, 21:04
TR hows that Acura? My dads looking into it, and I personally love it. Heard it has great performance and gets fairly decent mileage.

Pretty much as advertised.

I have the 6 speed manual version and with that comes the Brembo brakes, limited slip, and a heavier roll bar. I got the High Performance Summer Tires as well.

270 hp from a VTEC V-6, so it screams at the top end. If I behave myself, I get 27 mpg or so around here and 32 or better on the interstate. Needs premium, though it will run at a reduced level on regular.

Extreme stereo system standard with Dolby 5.1 surround sound and an audio DVD player.

First year for the new TL had some minor problems, they seem to have been worked out.

I have taken the family on vacation, two adults and two kids and it is fine. Three in the back seat, especially if any are adults gets old quickly. Mr. Harsey was usually limited to the front seat when riding, though he proved that he could fit into the back, in an emergency. Trunk space is tight, but adequate.

Pricing is very reasonable for a four-door sports coupe, Consumer Reports loved it.

I passed on the Nav kit, otherwise, the Acuras have very few options, most things are included as standard.

Good car, I would rate it among the best.

TR

vsvo
10-06-2005, 21:54

My thoughts exactly Pete. And environmentally responsible too!

cszakolczai
10-07-2005, 07:59
Pretty much as advertised.

I have the 6 speed manual version and with that comes the Brembo brakes, limited slip, and a heavier roll bar. I got the High Performance Summer Tires as well.

270 hp from a VTEC V-6, so it screams at the top end. If I behave myself, I get 27 mpg or so around here and 32 or better on the interstate. Needs premium, though it will run at a reduced level on regular.

Extreme stereo system standard with Dolby 5.1 surround sound and an audio DVD player.

First year for the new TL had some minor problems, they seem to have been worked out.

I have taken the family on vacation, two adults and two kids and it is fine. Three in the back seat, especially if any are adults gets old quickly. Mr. Harsey was usually limited to the front seat when riding, though he proved that he could fit into the back, in an emergency. Trunk space is tight, but adequate.

Pricing is very reasonable for a four-door sports coupe, Consumer Reports loved it.

I passed on the Nav kit, otherwise, the Acuras have very few options, most things are included as standard.

Good car, I would rate it among the best.

TR

Thanks a lot TR. I read the consumer reports but I just wanted to get a first hand account of how the car performs.

Oh heres a car or in this case SUV you guys might not think is that good. Porsche Cayenne. That car is an absolute beast and it can perform just as well offroad as it does on the road.
Chris

jbour13
10-07-2005, 08:30
Attached is a pic that's close to what I'm driving now. I have the Z-71 package and didn't opt for On-Star or XM (Didn't see a need)

The oldest brother and his frau are a little over 6 ft tall and fit more than comfortably in the rear seats.

Traded the 2000 Ext cab Sierra for the 4 doors and 4 wheel drive. Good choice for me, I get to play more in the snow and ice. :)

Gas is a pain in the DC Metro (prices are outrageous) if I drive it from N. VA to MD for work (100 miles round trip). Stop and go traffic kills the mileage and I'll average 17 mpg to and from work. I metro it in to work so that helps. On the highway it averages 21-22 mpg (from here to MO).

I also opted for the aluminum block, a little more tourque on the highway when pulling trailers, or Honda's :D . (Funny story, to me at least)

Wife drives the 4 cylinder GMC Canyon, good for groceries and her repeated attempts to stock it full at IKEA. :rolleyes:

The Reaper
10-07-2005, 14:19
Attached is a pic that's close to what I'm driving now. I have the Z-71 package and didn't opt for On-Star or XM (Didn't see a need)

I said that about XM as well till I tried it.

TR

DunbarFC
10-07-2005, 14:33
I drive a 1998 Honda Civic

Yup it's not that cool but $20 fills the tank and with the little driving that I do, that $20 lasts about a month

So it may not be cool, but damn is it cheap !

BamBam
10-07-2005, 14:47
I have ONSTAR and XM in the Caddy , both are great . Drive through some portions of New Mexico and you just don't get good reception, but XM is always there.

EX-Gold Falcon
10-07-2005, 16:37
Favorite classic, three way tie: 68 Merc Cougar Eliminator
64 GTO convertible
65 DB5.

Fav new car two way tie: 05 Vanquish S
05 Audi S4.

Currently driving: 90 Audi Coupe Quattro
94 Amigo. Don't laugh, made it through Moab with minimal body damage.

T.

cszakolczai
10-07-2005, 16:47
I drive a 1998 Honda Civic

Yup it's not that cool but $20 fills the tank and with the little driving that I do, that $20 lasts about a month

So it may not be cool, but damn is it cheap !

My dads got that, I hate driving it, feel like the car is going to fall apart everytime i drive it. :D
Chris

SF18C
03-14-2008, 14:03
Okay I am making the plunge...ordering up a 2008 (and 3/4) Dodge Challenger SRT8. (http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/challenger/)

This car is wicked cool (http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html) and I am tired of waiting of the Chevy Camero.

HouseHold 6 has already approved...of course she gives up the Volvo, but has one directive...it must be Orange. My wife is great! Hurry and tell me why I shouldn't do this...other than the 12 MPG, $2500 Gas Guzzler tax and the 40K+ price tag.

Did you read the part about 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, Zero to 100 mph and back in under 17 seconds, or Quarter-mile times 13.3 seconds?

Engine: 6.1 liter (370 cid) Hemi; 10.3:1 compression ratio, 425 bhp @ 6200 rpm, 420 lb.-ft. (310 N•m) @ 4800 rpm...I so NEED this!

Go Devil
03-14-2008, 15:45
1945 Willys CJ-2A
Found in Wisconsin and restored by me.
Daily driver and great fun with the windshield down until temps drop below 50.

03-14-2008, 20:10
Here's mine - a '67 Camaro, buuilt small block, 4 speed, 3.73 rear gears. A certain 5th Group 18D will be the new owner when he negotiates with me. I'll sell it to him for a price that only a proud father would understand. :D

SF18C
03-15-2008, 01:03
Here's mine - a '67 Camaro, buuilt small block, 4 speed, 3.73 rear gears. A certain 5th Group 18D will be the new owner when he negotiates with me. I'll sell it to him for a price that only a proud father would understand. :D

Nice, Very Nice

SP5IC
03-15-2008, 05:32
I looked over the Jeep version yesterday. Wow. The dual exausts are in the center of the bumper, and about 3" in diameter.

Snaquebite
03-15-2008, 10:13
- Dressed her up a little :D

Red Flag 1
03-15-2008, 10:38
Dang!

Great question. Today it is a Ford f-150 4X4 Supercab Lariat. Being an old fart, there have been a host from the British, France, Italy, and Japan,; as well as the USA. I think the Britsh provided the most fun to drive that I could work on myself and enjoy driving; Ferrari requires an Itallian mechanic with you a lot of the time, been there!! Jaguar XK-140 was just sweet. Nothing better at the time when running well; nothing worse when it wasn't. I had to do something under the hood every weekend or it would not run on Monday. I was an undergrad and the gals just loved this beauty.

Today looking at Austin Healey 3000 MK III type Bs. Not the brute power of a Jag but very nice crisp British drive. Easier for me to fix.

RF 1

echoes
03-15-2008, 17:59
1989 Mustang Convertible LX 5.0 -- red with a white top and white leather interior. 64,000 miles and it goes a 1,000 miles an hour, or so it seems. Nothing like a mid-life crisis.

Sir, my Dad has an '89 5.0 2-door hatchback, restored, and yep he drives like a 18-yr-old while in it.:D

Drive a '92 mustang now, my 2nd, but the favorite car is my '86 Bronco. (Which Dad now tows his fishing boat with...)

Personally, I want SF_BHT's vehicle...it kicks Ass!:lifter
Holly

gtcrispy
03-15-2008, 18:49
My 2005 Subaru Legacy GT.

Dynoed at 255whp/277lb/ft. Looks like it could keep up with SF18C new Challenger with the AWD and lighter weight. He does have a big ass motor though :)

First pic is winter mode with all-season tires and the Gold Prodrives, then the 2nd picture with 18x8 Sticky summer rubber :)

Dad
03-15-2008, 20:01
Through all the posts, nobody has mentioned the 57 Chevy, 2 door, 283 with 3 on the column? That car is a classic

GratefulCitizen
03-15-2008, 22:30
Loved fast cars (and bikes) when I was younger.

Now cars are just tools, and my driver's license is my livelyhood. :(

My first car (at 17) was a '73 Nova 2-door hatchback.
Had a hot little 350 in it initially.
Shoehorned a hopped-up 454 into it later.
Sold it during hard times 7 years ago. :(

Now, with a wife and 5 kids, it's mainly about utility.

Primary -- 1998 Plymouth minivan (wife's soccermom-mobile)
Alternate -- 1996 Eagle Vision (for that vicious 8 minute commute :p )
Contingency -- 1984 Chevy K10 Suburban (beach truck/backup soccermom-mobile) at the beach: http://tinyurl.com/yuyp4z
Emergency -- 1979 Chevy C10 (how is life possible without a pickup?)

It costs about $1k/year to license and insure all four. (all paid for, of course)
I couldn't care less what gas costs.

The need for speed hasn't entirely been suppressed.
-Still have a 1986 Honda VFR 750 mothballed.
-The C10 has a 454 with some Edelbrock Performer RPM top-end stuff, a nice clutch with an upgraded Tremec 3550 behind it, and a Powertrax locker in a 12-bolt rearend.

swpa19
03-16-2008, 08:22
Through all the posts, nobody has mentioned the 57 Chevy, 2 door, 283 with 3 on the column? That car is a classic

Had a black 57 2dr hdtp. The 283 was "Punched Out" to 301. Muncie 4spd, dragfast shifter and mellowtone exhaust system. Like a lot of the FOG's on this site had we held on to some of our vehicles our retirement would be flush.

Also had a 68 'Goat' w/400 4sp rally package. Took the tri power off because of the PITA it was to keep the carbs adjusted.

Favorite was a 65 2+2 Mustang 289 HIPO.

Now after almost 40years doing body work, my picks of todays vehicles would be (after seeing which ones had a high surviveability rating after impact) Dodge Ram Truck, 1500 series, Ford F150 and the Accura and Accord Lines.

Consumer Reports and Motor Trend probably have different views. Im only offering my views from what comes through my body shop.

SF18C
04-18-2008, 00:46
Well I finally got my build order finalized, down payment turned in and financing complete!

VIN 8H299929
Hemi Orange, MyGIG with SatNav, Z rated Performance Tires, and Sunroof

Est. date 20Aug08!

Man I cant wait!

linedoc
04-18-2008, 02:08
Cars I like? Any muscle car, prefer the late 60's Mustangs.

Car I built: 1996 Mustang GT...started off as a 3K salvage, now it's a ground up restored 563 RWHP/532 RWTQ (600/581 w/ METH) (675/680!! on N20) daily driver. The wife hates it, it's too loud:D

Car I drive: 02 Focus- perfect on gas and small enough to get around Germany with the added benefit of not drawing the attention of every Polizei and "badass" Porsche driver.

SF18C
04-18-2008, 03:23
Linedoc...do I spy a turbo charger?

with the added benefit of not drawing the attention of every Polizei and "badass" Porsche driver.

I gotcha on that one...we are going to keep the beeter Volvo for that reason...plus if we go down town I don't worry about were to park the Volvo. If someone breaks into that POS they must really be hard up! But I would still like to "match up" the Chally with are Ferrari or Lambo just for kicks!

linedoc
04-18-2008, 03:53
Linedoc...do I spy a turbo charger?

I gotcha on that one...we are going to keep the beeter Volvo for that reason...plus if we go down town I don't worry about were to park the Volvo. If someone breaks into that POS they must really be hard up! But I would still like to "match up" the Chally with are Ferrari or Lambo just for kicks!

It's a Vortech T-Trim supercharger. Basically the same thing as a turbo, just a different drive mech.

And FWIW, those Challengers are smokin. Even though I'm pretty much a Ford guy I like the old Dodge muscle cars and never have really liked much of anything they have produced since, but they did it right on that car. It almost seems to calmly whisper "drive me like you stole me, or I will kick your ass".

Endorphin Rush
04-18-2008, 10:13
'91 Jeep Wrangler Sahara...147,000 miles
'99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara...118,000 miles

What's not to like, they're paid for and they'll go almost anywhere.

AngelsSix
04-18-2008, 20:50
I love my Jeep!! It's a GC, has a kayak rack and room for the dogs. I also bought a Caliber when they first came out. It's a good little car, drove it to TX and back this winter, didn't give me a bit of trouble. The little bugger is great on gas.:lifter

lksteve
04-18-2008, 21:23
I don't have a car...my wife has a Pontiac Vibe(I can only be held accountable for decisions I make...and this wasn't one of them)...I have a 2006 Chevy Colorado 4x4 and a 2008 H-D Street Glide...Suuuuweeeet...like the truck, love the bike...

BravoAlpha
04-18-2008, 23:45
My rig:

Modified 2006 Nissan Xterra, also my favorite vehicle.

SF18C
09-19-2008, 11:09
Well it is kind of dirty looking (definitely needs some wax) and about a month late…but it’s mine!

Currently sitting at the vehicle processing center, I pick her up Monday! What a long weekend this is going be!

greenberetTFS
09-19-2008, 16:01

TS, where do you get your parts? :cool:

GB TFS :munchin

greenberetTFS
09-19-2008, 16:14

Pete,

:D:D:D

GB TFS

MAB32
09-19-2008, 18:27
Mine has an always be found here:

www.gnregistry.org/

Someday I'll have one of the GNX's!:D

C0B2A
09-20-2008, 11:58
I'm Driving my 2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Does absolutely everything I could ask. I'll be doing some suspension work on it soon.

Tyrant
09-20-2008, 12:25
Well it is kind of dirty looking (definitely needs some wax) and about a month late…but it’s mine!

Currently sitting at the vehicle processing center, I pick her up Monday! What a long weekend this is going be!

VERY nice ride. I saw one the other day riding around Bragg. I turned around and followed it for a few miles on Yadkin just to see it up close. Nice looking car.:cool:

Defender968
09-20-2008, 12:49
Favorite cars: Tie between my two favorite Porsches 1994 968S and 1997 911 Turbo S, doubtful I will ever own either as only a handful were ever made and they are way to pricy for my budget, however I've owned both a 94 968 and 97C4S, which makes me want the turbo models all the more.

Current Transportation: 2004 Nissan Titan, 1998 Honda Civic, and a half built 1976 Jeep CJ5, though I guess the Jeep isn't really transportation. I drive the Titan only for working on the house, towing, etc, and Honda for normal everyday driving, 14 mpg on the Titan make it a bit impractical for daily driving. Maybe one day the Jeep will move under it's own power :cool:

thomps2100
09-23-2008, 09:16
Nice TRUCK C0B2A! How many women does it fit in the back?

Don't worry, I already looked in the manual. It's just not there!

cszakolczai
10-01-2008, 17:14
I had the chance to shoot some pretty nice cars this summer. It was a charity event hosted by a bunch of guys on this Ferrari forums which I also belong to. And for those who were thinking about asking, no I don't own a Ferrari. I'm a broke college student who just loves photography. Also, sorry for the large watermark, I do it to protect people from stealing my pictures.
Chris

First car is a Lamborghini Gallardo
Second is a Porsche Carrera Turbo with a couple of modifications.

Pete S
10-01-2008, 18:43
Favorite is the 70' Trans Am.
Right now I have an 81' Camaro.
In the process of looking for a decent International Scout II.

cszakolczai
10-02-2008, 00:07
Favorite is the 70' Trans Am.
Right now I have an 81' Camaro.
In the process of looking for a decent International Scout II.

A little while ago we had an 81' Camaro come into the shop I worked at. It was pretty cool. I'm usually not a big Chevy fan, but the Camaro (other then the 95 body style) is something I've always loved. My girlfriends father has a 95 camaro which I hate, and was looking to pick up the new one coming out, but he's decided against it now.

BigJimCalhoun
01-31-2013, 21:56
My Maxima just hit 200,000 miles last week. My wife and I hope it will last until June when we will have enough saved for something else.

jbour13
02-01-2013, 13:44
Holy Threadsurrection!!!!

Since my post in this thread, I went and got a 2007 GMC Sierra to replace the 2004 crew cab.

I sold it for profit and went the route of SF18C and went and got a 2008 Challenger SRT8.

Mine was used with 22K on it. I have loved it ever since I got it. l miss my trucks, but I'll be damned that a larger engine (6.1L vs 5.3L) gets better mileage in town and on the hwy. Sadly, my foot is quite heavy and the tires don't last if I can't behave.

If you have been on Bragg and seen the same type pictured in SF18C's pics, it could be me. If they are puttering around and being nice, it's not. I'm the asshole who drives it like it's stolen. :D

It is currently snug in the garage at home with Household 6 getting groceries in it. I'm sure she's not ever gone too fast in it. :rolleyes:

Lan
02-12-2013, 17:05
I am a vehicle nut. If it rolls around and has a combustible engine I like it.

My current project is this 69 Datsun Roadster. I am currently disassembling the whole thing to do a frame off restoration. It is powered by a turbo charged V6 (VG30 for you Nissan guys) 300 HP in a >2000lb car FTW.

My goal is to start reassembling the car this summer.

pcfixer
02-13-2013, 08:02
One of my favorite car was the 1971 Dodge in cornet or polara model
with a 413 motor. I still remember the sound of the neighbor's car racing on main road by our house.

My car now is white 2010 Chrysler 200 V6. It is fullly loaded and comfortable.
Yep, old fart car.
My truck is a Blue 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac V6 motor.

mark46th
02-13-2013, 09:02
The 413 had wedge heads on it. Not as much power as the 426 Hemi but still a beast...

pcfixer
02-13-2013, 12:51
The 413 had wedge heads on it. Not as much power as the 426 Hemi but still a beast...

Awesome sound if my memory serves me. Your correct, I think if was called a
"B" motor and came with 3 deuces.