PDA

View Full Version : ARGH!

stakk4
10-04-2005, 07:57
Well, my brother from another mother just got back from Selection. He was a no-go. :( I was shocked. He's a real smart cookie and a beast at PT. During that 3 day land nav test, he lost his scorecard from the first day, and didn't get any credit for those points. At his counselling, he was encouraged to return, and hopes to go back next month. Disappointing, but I'm sure he won't do wrong again. In the meantime, he'll get to check out WM's book, since I got it after he left, and finally I have a ruckin partner again! :lifter I missed that whacky SOB. I guess the moral of the story is to dot your i's and cross your t's.

I finally got my waiver for promotion to E-4. The last thing I want to verify is that I am eligible for a secret clearance (I have some credit dings) and I'll be there too.

Cast or tab sums it up perfectly, hell maybe even casket or tab. I'm so friggin fired up to go.

S

Dustin03
10-04-2005, 09:01
i was also a 24 day no-go. It sucked, but atleast I handled it well. I was also encouraged to return ASAP, and according to my test results I'm really smart compared t oa large portion of the class. PM me who your buddy was, I'm sure I talked to him...in fact I think I know who it was.

A lot of the 24 day no-go's where pretty sore losers and acted like babies, I wouldn't want them to return. There was one guy who was non selected for the 3rd time for basically the same thing, and he wants a waiver to come back. He was a total dirtbag that nobody liked because of his attitude.

stakk4
10-04-2005, 09:47
Dustin: PM Incoming

Yeah, common sense would tell me that if I bolo, bitchin and whinin would make matters worse, not better. Already, this guy's only focus is improving for when he goes back. Just take it, learn from it, and drive on. Like you said, if someone's basically going to fall to pieces when times are hard, I wouldn't want to go to war with them. I read WM's book, and he did mention that the knife cuts both ways. If a guy is a total stud and aces every event, but turns loud dumb and obnoxious about how badass he is, its just as bad. It comes down to maturity and professionalism.

Hope to see you at the next class :cool:

S

Aequitas
10-14-2005, 15:56
Well I'm off on Sunday(16th) to start my first step in the pipeline; SFAS. Report on Monday morning and shit hits the fan on the 18th. I can't wait. I thought I'd be nervous going in, but I feel ready and confident. I appreciate all the information and stories that ppl, esp the QPs, have shared with me and the other SF Wannabes/Hopefuls. This site is definitely the essence of a true community.

I'll be around finishing my packing tonight and tomorrow so if anyway wants to drop me a line before I take off please don't hesitate to do so. I'll try and get back to you asap. I also intend on trying to maintain some bullets and observations to bring back and post once I return around the 4day Vets Weekend. Thanks again and if anyone else is attending this class drop me a line and I'll see you there!

Cast or Tab

Sully

dennisw
10-14-2005, 16:05
good luck!

Roguish Lawyer
10-14-2005, 16:17
according to my test results I'm really smart compared t oa large portion of the class.

:rolleyes:

18C Dad
10-14-2005, 16:27
Well I'm off on Sunday(16th) to start my first step in the pipeline; SFAS. Report on Monday morning and shit hits the fan on the 18th. I can't wait. I thought I'd be nervous going in, but I feel ready and confident. I appreciate all the information and stories that ppl, esp the QPs, have shared with me and the other SF Wannabes/Hopefuls. This site is definitely the essence of a true community.

I'll be around finishing my packing tonight and tomorrow so if anyway wants to drop me a line before I take off please don't hesitate to do so. I'll try and get back to you asap. I also intend on trying to maintain some bullets and observations to bring back and post once I return around the 4day Vets Weekend. Thanks again and if anyone else is attending this class drop me a line and I'll see you there!

Cast or Tab

Sully

My son starts Robin Sage this weekend. I wish you both good luck and God Speed!!

Kyobanim
10-14-2005, 16:30

Cast or Tab

Sully

Good luck! Shoot me a PM, my son's stationed at Bliss.

longtab
10-14-2005, 20:27

Cast or Tab

Sully

Remember squigly blue lines on a map mean water and the squigly brown lines around the blue lines mean draws... avoid the draws or risk falling prey to the draw monster!

Good luck!

CoLawman
10-14-2005, 21:41
:rolleyes:

Yep!

Team Sergeant
10-15-2005, 00:15
i was also a 24 day no-go. ...and according to my test results I'm really smart compared t oa large portion of the class.

For once I’m at a loss for words…….well almost…..

Dustin, pull your head out of your ass and for gods sake change your quote: "To every man there comes.......that special moment when he is...... offered that chance to do a very special thing, unique to him.........what a tragedy if that moment finds him unprepared..............." W. Churchill.

Team Sergeant

The Reaper
10-15-2005, 08:22
Dustin:

Were you boarded? PM me if you wish.

TR

longtab
10-15-2005, 09:54
I was also encouraged to return ASAP, and according to my test results I'm really smart compared t oa large portion of the class.

What test results were you allowed to see in Selection? Or were you comparing MEPS ASVAB scores in the hut? I can call a couple of my buddies out at Mackall to verify, but I don't believe candidates are ever given feedback on written tests. I know I never was given such information. So fill us in what these test you speak of are.

The Reaper
10-15-2005, 12:01
What test results were you allowed to see in Selection? Or were you comparing MEPS ASVAB scores in the hut? I can call a couple of my buddies out at Mackall to verify, but I don't believe candidates are ever given feedback on written tests. I know I never was given such information. So fill us in what these test you speak of are.

The student intelligence info is known to the board members and the cadre from a number of metrics.

He may have been given that info by one of the above cadre, or the Psychs during an interview.

Very few who succeed at the rest of the SFAS curriculum are ever terminated for lack of intelligence, though it is a consideration.

As noted, we are looking for students who are smart, physically fit, focused, dedicated, able to learn quickly, with sound ethics, and who can function well alone, or as members of a team.

TR

stakk4
10-15-2005, 12:33
Kick ass bro.

Cast or tab damn right.

S

Surgicalcric
10-15-2005, 12:59
The student intelligence info is known to the board members and the cadre from a number of metrics.

He may have been given that info by one of the above cadre, or the Psychs during an interview...

TR

During our exit counseling I, as well as most of my hut, was allowed to see my test results and our run/ruck times. I dont remember what any of it was... but I remember being suprised my run times weren't better... <sigh>

ETA: Its also interesting, not suprising though, who can access said records when they want. So, as a heads up, dont think the QP's here cant find out if you are BS-ing them about your performance at Selection. You may be suprised by a visitor while you are there.

Crip

Pete
10-15-2005, 14:41
...So, as a heads up, dont think the QP's here cant find out if you are BS-ing them about your performance at Selection. ...Crip

You guys in the pipe line have to remember something. There are thousands of SF guys running around the world, both active and retired. It's hard to know them all, nobody does.

But SF is also a small world with limited assignments. Once you've been in a while you know guys everywhere. Walk into an S-3 shop and you see a guy you went through the course with. Another office a guy you went to an advanced school with. Go to a Chapter 1-18 meeting, run into some old buds and find they are out at Robin Sage or somewhere else working with students.

And even if you don't know anybody, after chatting with a guy you find out you both worked with some guy who was a real character. Thick as thieves in 10 minutes.

So don't do anything too stupid because that TAC just might be your new team
sergeant by the time you get out of training.

Best thing is to be that un-named troop in the back rank with the hat pulled low. Somebody asks a TAC "Hey, remember so and so from class whatever?" "Nope, can't say that I do."

longtab
10-15-2005, 16:39
You guys in the pipe line have to remember something. There are thousands of SF guys running around the world, both active and retired. It's hard to know them all, nobody does.

But SF is also a small world with limited assignments. Once you've been in a while you know guys everywhere. Walk into an S-3 shop and you see a guy you went through the course with. Another office a guy you went to an advanced school with. Go to a Chapter 1-18 meeting, run into some old buds and find they are out at Robin Sage or somewhere else working with students.

And even if you don't know anybody, after chatting with a guy you find out you both worked with some guy who was a real character. Thick as thieves in 10 minutes.

So don't do anything too stupid because that TAC just might be your new team
sergeant by the time you get out of training.

Best thing is to be that un-named troop in the back rank with the hat pulled low. Somebody asks a TAC "Hey, remember so and so from class whatever?" "Nope, can't say that I do."

One of the many things I love about SF is that your reputation begins in SFAS folows you thru the Q and is impossible to run from. Good dudes are known for being good dudes, PT studs are known for being PT studs, brainiacs are known for being brainiacs... and turds are known for being turds. It all starts on day one...