PDA

View Full Version : Chicken and Mushrooms

Bill Harsey
10-03-2005, 11:27
Anyone have any killer recipes for chicken and mushroom dishes?

Roguish Lawyer
10-03-2005, 11:35
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3189&highlight=chicken

Bill Harsey
10-03-2005, 11:54
RL,
That sounds great!
We have a member here who might like to try your recipe.

HOLLiS
10-03-2005, 12:45
RL,
That sounds great!
We have a member here who might like to try your recipe.

Bill,
Maybe more on the line of basic cooking, cream of mushroom soup has receipts. Often tuna can be substituted with chicken. I have made the tuna casserole many times and have used chicken. Obvious not the same as chicken sauteed with chanterells mushrooms.

H.

Bill Harsey
10-03-2005, 20:36
HOLLiS,
Good point and thanks for reminding me of the soup style dish.

I'm looking for a recipe so good it'll send ya to the hospital!

CPTAUSRET
10-04-2005, 08:15
Mr. Harsey ::fswhip:: , you are such a rascal!

Sirs, this topic is merely subversive snipe in my direction referencing the fact that I singlehandedly put a XY in the ER with anafa____ shock subsequent to a single meal of chicken scallopini w/ mushrooms, pancetta, artichokes, capers w/ angel hair pasta in a white wine cream sauce.

Not only that, the following day, the millisecond after finding out that the XY was still OK, Mr. Harsey added a serious note,

"You might want to take him some leftovers."

Now I was in serious-mode, and immediately thought [ Good point, he hasn't eaten for 24 hours ]

And then I heard that patented Harsey snicker.

And THEN I had a conniption after realizing that was just an evil jab.

(Get it, leftovers ...)

Brat!!! Revenge will be sweet and exacting!

FrontSight

Anaphylactic Shock??

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Stay safe.

Terry

HOLLiS
10-04-2005, 08:47
<-- making note to self; "Self never eat anything Frontsight Cooks".

Team Sergeant
10-04-2005, 09:40
Brat!!! Revenge will be sweet and exacting!

FrontSight

Frontsight's Anthrax Angel food cake?

I'll settle for an MRE.....

TS

Roguish Lawyer
10-04-2005, 13:39
Sirs, this topic is merely subversive snipe in my direction referencing the fact that I singlehandedly put a XY in the ER with anafa____ shock subsequent to a single meal of chicken scallopini w/ mushrooms, pancetta, artichokes, capers w/ angel hair pasta in a white wine cream sauce.

Next time, cook the chicken.

Team Sergeant
10-06-2005, 17:56
I am pleased to inform you that my chicken scallopini w/ mushrooms, pancetta, artichokes, capers w/ angel hair pasta in a white wine cream sauce has been:

exonerated

of any culpability in said reaction of XY.

The likely culprit has been determined to be the salad dressing.

FrontSight

Sure, save it for the trial. :rolleyes:

NousDefionsDoc
10-06-2005, 18:03
Note to self: ...Never mind.

Bill Harsey
10-06-2005, 18:46
I am pleased to inform you that my chicken scallopini w/ mushrooms, pancetta, artichokes, capers w/ angel hair pasta in a white wine cream sauce has been:

exonerated

of any culpability in said reaction of XY.

The likely culprit has been determined to be the salad dressing.

Furthermore, I am awaiting lots of strokes and expressions of awe that I was able to get the much heavier XY into my car. :: micro-bicep-flex :: :: glare ::

FrontSight
This food would cripple any man, let alone one FS would be , uh... ...what NDD said.

JMI
04-14-2006, 20:50
chicken scallopini w/ mushrooms, pancetta, artichokes, capers w/ angel hair pasta in a white wine cream sauce
If it's been exonerated, where's the recipe, FS. :munchin

JMI
04-15-2006, 07:57
Thanks FS. I'll give it a shot next weekend.

HOLLiS
04-15-2006, 09:58
what no drop of vanilla?

JMI
04-15-2006, 11:13
FS, I have the ingredients, but how do I cook it? :confused:

Squidly
04-17-2006, 09:25
For some good Italian recipes check out Everyday Italian hosted by Giada De Laurentiis on the Food Channel. The recipes are simple, the ingredients usually not hard to come by, and she's very easy on the eyes.

HOLLiS
04-18-2006, 15:58
HOLLiS !!! Did I already mention my Super Secret Sure-to-make-XY-Swoon 1-tsp-of-vanilla in the pancake batter trick? :lifter

And add some to French toast, maybe a omlette or two. I don't use that much maybe half, I like to add vanilla to white sauces, if nothing more than for aroma.

Bill Harsey
04-18-2006, 18:19
And add some to French toast, maybe a omlette or two. I don't use that much maybe half, I like to add vanilla to white sauces, if nothing more than for aroma.
Hollis, Straighten up! Your an Oregon Boy!

We don't worry about no stickin' aromas in our chow!

mumbleypeg
04-20-2006, 08:45
I've seen Mr H cook......

what was it Bill, Steaks an air compressor, a gallon of gas and wood shavings?:D

Smelled good and I didn't go to the hospital.

HOLLiS
04-20-2006, 14:05
Hollis, Straighten up! Your an Oregon Boy!

We don't worry about no stickin' aromas in our chow!

Well Sir, dats 'cause I done did it. I married one of them Eastern edumacated Gals, she has been learnin me right well.

No more aroma of llama poo on the boots is allowed.

HOLLiS
04-20-2006, 14:07
I've seen Mr H cook......

what was it Bill, Steaks an air compressor, a gallon of gas and wood shavings?:D

Smelled good and I didn't go to the hospital.

Heck warp it up in tin foil and place it near the exhaust on the cat, when your done clearing brush, the dinner is cooked.