PDA

View Full Version : Best courses available?

Commo Dude
09-29-2005, 14:19
Since I will be returning to CONUS early next year from my current job, and I will have some time on my hads for training opportunities, what are some of the better courses I can take upon my return (if the opportunity arises)?

I attended Commo U a while back and thought that it was an excellent refresher! Also the Mule Packing course put on at Bragg was very enlightening.

18C4V
09-29-2005, 17:02
SOTACC, SFAUCC, 18F, and Gryphon slots are available in bn. SOTIC would be hard to get since there is an OML. Theres other schools that you should get and I'll pm you with the names so that you can bug your team sgt.

AKO has a good flow chart for career progression for us 18 series. It's http://www.train.army.mil/ Some of the new stuff hasn't been posted there yet, but it's a good baseline.

There's the dreaded ANCOC and JM course available. :D

Commo Dude
09-30-2005, 02:53
JM & ANCOC... ooooh I can't wait! LOL Needs of the Army definitly come first. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I am going to have to spend a whole day going up and down just to get current again!

As for the rest, kind of what I was thinking.

Any others that anyone has found to be helpful for the team and interesting to boot?

Basenshukai
10-01-2005, 18:40
BTW,

Latest word I received was that anyone attending SOTACC after March 2005 will be considered "JTAC" qualified. Those that attended prior will have to attend once more. JTAC qualified personnel are authorized to direct the dropping of ordnance from aircraft during all situations. Up to this point, non-JTAC qualified folks could only call on "E-CAS" (Emergency CAS) for Troops In Contact (TIC) missions. I'm deployed so, this information might not be completely on the money. So, check it out with guys back at home station.

Team Sergeant
10-01-2005, 20:05
BTW,

Latest word I received was that anyone attending SOTACC after March 2005 will be considered "JTAC" qualified. Those that attended prior will have to attend once more. JTAC qualified personnel are authorized to direct the dropping of ordnance from aircraft during all situations. Up to this point, non-JTAC qualified folks could only call on "E-CAS" (Emergency CAS) for Troops In Contact (TIC) missions. I'm deployed so, this information might not be completely on the money. So, check it out with guys back at home station.

If you've got anyone, and I mean anyone with a broken arm, leg or just sitting on their ass I'd suggest you send them to schools such as this one. (BTW I are a graduate of JTAC :D also did some call for fire from Navy boats...)

Warrior-Mentor
10-02-2005, 15:04
BTW,

Key is getting 12 fixed wing controls while attending SOTACC to get your JTAC certification. Aircraft have been hit or miss for showing up from class to class lately. Regardless, it's great training that will save lives by increasing ODA lethality on the battlefield.
JM