PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Rifle

NousDefionsDoc
09-15-2005, 22:08
Link (http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_AS50,,00.html)

SLEEK SNIPER: AS50 Semi-Automatic Rifle

The Navy SEALs just got a new weapon for the war on terror: a .50 caliber rifle light enough to carry, and easy enough to disassemble in three minutes. Check out the fruits of NSWC Crane and Accuracy International's labors.

kgoerz,
Be nice....

The Reaper
09-15-2005, 22:53
None of the military .50 BMG ammo will shoot MOA, so that feature is a bit wasted, unless we go to commercial match ammo, which is not a very effective anti-material load.

Just an observation.

TR

longrange1947
09-19-2005, 17:24
Sorry NDD, old news. :boohoo

Not to sure about the AI thing, they seem to keep just skirting going under. This new buy out may work but who knows.

TR - They are looking at Athena ammo that is 1 to 1.5 moa and a bit better then mil or Raufoss ammo for accuracy. They have also started looking at a way to accurize a similar form of AP ammo.

I would like to see anything take Barretts piece of junk weapon's place. A smaller, lighter, more accurate weapon would be a good start.

NDD, why were you telling Keith to play nice? :munchin

Go for it Keith. :D

NousDefionsDoc
09-19-2005, 18:57
Roger that Longrange. He has some issues with sister services :o but he's being a good boy. He's a very, good TL. He let's me do pretty much what I want. And that's important in a TL. :cool: