PDA

View Full Version : Q Course (Newspaper Article)

Pete
09-09-2005, 04:03
A little some from the Fayetteville Observer thia morning on SF Training

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/story.php?Template=local&Story=7158020

Hope the link works

Checked and it works. Follow the links in the story side bar for previous stories and pictures.

sharkmanII
09-09-2005, 04:35
Pete as we all well know, the best of plans are merely an outline of things to come. Even with your "PACE" planning in check everything changes as soon as you SP from the friendly AO. How many times have your perfect plans gone to $h*t? We can just hope these future "WARRIORS" listen well to their mentors and gain some perspective and are humbled by their mistakes. :confused:

stakk4
09-09-2005, 08:21
On this note, other recent articles have discussed how much more support personnel are now trying to go SF. Coming from a non-combat arms unit, we don't do very much tactical training, and nothing on MOUT. Is there any suggested way for non-CA candidates to try to get ready for Phase II aside from studying the Ranger Handbook and FM 7-8? Maybe something a little more hands on?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

S

CoLawman
09-09-2005, 08:34
Thanks Pete for the LINK. My son is in that phase right now. Since he is in "lock down", this was a nice little peek into his world!

NousDefionsDoc
09-09-2005, 08:37
Best time I ever had...

Team Sergeant
09-09-2005, 08:46
On this note, other recent articles have discussed how much more support personnel are now trying to go SF. Coming from a non-combat arms unit, we don't do very much tactical training, and nothing on MOUT. Is there any suggested way for non-CA candidates to try to get ready for Phase II aside from studying the Ranger Handbook and FM 7-8? Maybe something a little more hands on?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

S

MOUT, CQB, etc is sort of like dancing the Tango, you need to attempt it a few times before you really start to get the hang of it.

The “books” are good for understanding the combat “principles” such as “support” “security” and “assault” “actions on the objective” etc etc etc.

TS

stakk4
09-09-2005, 08:52
Thanks TS. I'm going to see if I can round up a few buddies and we'll just start clearing my house. I know my wife is going to just love this one...... :eek:

S

FearMonkey
09-11-2005, 22:07
That article is about my Phase II class. It's pretty neat to see some familiar faces. Thanks for the link, I had no idea reporters were out there. Unfortunately I developed a nice little case of MRSA and Med Dropped a day and a half early from completion of Week 5 so I'm finishing up early October.

Hell... can't complain about more range time. :)