PDA

View Full Version : Keine Scheisse!!!

QRQ 30
09-08-2005, 18:15
Panee and I drove up to Helen, GA, an alpine village in NE Georgia. All of the buildings are in the Tyrolean style inclucing frescoes painted on the outside walls. As we came out of a shop I saw a building across the street. The side was done up with a fresco of a mountain stream and above the picture was painted:

MECICAN RESTAURANT!!

Keine Scheisse! :D

BMT (RIP)
09-08-2005, 18:37
BTDT!! Seems like we might of saw the same building. :p

BMT

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-08-2005, 19:22
That's pretty funny. I had an intell type in my unit called Miquel Zamudio and when he really wanted to screw with the newbies he would intentionally mix German and Spanish using each language in every other word. Can hear him now, Buenos Tag Mon Kameraden :D

lksteve
09-08-2005, 19:49
Can hear him now, Buenos Tag Mon Kameraden i am reminded of a great experiment conducted by 10th Group, where guys in language school would get a morning of Russian and an afternoon of Finnish...poor bastards couldn't order a beer in either language...the experiment was called off after two or three weeks...and of course, this was attempted during a three-month command language program...

QRQ 30
09-08-2005, 20:20
In Germany during Czech school the instructor asked a question and I answered. He said I was wrong and a big argument ensued. He swore up and down I didn't answer in Czech and I swore just as positovely that I had. A few days later it finally dawned on me I had answered in German. All I could think at the time was it wasn't English so it must have been Czech.

I found a secret many Europaens have for speaking multiple languages. The can understand the other's language but speak in their own. An example would be that I could understand Russian but still had to speak Czech to a Russian and vice versa.

I may have passed the ultimate Gertman language test while at Bad Toelz. My volkswagen got drunk and ran off of the road from Munich to Bad Toelz. The sun roof was opened and I was ejected right through the roof and landed on my neck some distance from the car. BTW my seat belt was fastened and I was still ejected. I woke up in a German Hospital. I was so far out of it I could only speak German and it took a while to realize I was american.

I lost my license for six months and I'll be verdamt if I didn't get a DUI riding my bike across the bridge in Lenggries!!

I was such an angel in my youth. :rolleyes:

Spartan359
09-08-2005, 21:16
I'll be verdamt if I didn't get a DUI riding my bike across the bridge in Lenggries!!

I'll be damned. And here I thought I was the only person in the world to get one of those. Got one in Yokosuka, Japan.