PDA

View Full Version : Why do we blame someone else

BMT (RIP)
09-06-2005, 04:12
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0509050119sep05,0,2233752.story?coll=chi-newsopinioncommentary-hed

:munchin

BMT

BMT (RIP)
09-06-2005, 08:18
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/5/234033.shtml

There is trouble in paradise(ie THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY)!!

BMT

dennisw
09-07-2005, 10:17
I think we tend to play the blame game because there is an underlying assumption that we can control any and every situation. Admitting that we cannot control every situation is tantamont to saying there are forces beyond our control.

Also, I believe the media and liberals in general will use any means and methods to cast blame at President Bush. I believe it is all done in anticipation of the next election and will be used to exert additonal pressure to remove our troops from Iraq and Afganistan.

Lastly, we have to blame everyone but the people who are truly at fault: the private citizens who put themselves in harms way for not evacuating when they were told of the impending dangers.

Finally, we as a nation tend to forget what Forrest said, "Sometimes shit happens".

QRQ 30
09-07-2005, 10:46
I am sorry, but this is an unfair and unfounded statement.

Did you perhaps notice that. for two days prior all lanes of highways were bumper to bumper and going in only one direction? Out?

NOLA is one of the most indigent cities in the country. Hundreds of thousands of people own no vehicles and rely on public transportation. The Super Dome and Convention Centers have always been designated shelter sights. The people went where they were told but were then IMO let down. Where were the buses??

Let's not blame the victim!!!

Lastly, we have to blame everyone but the people who are truly at fault: the private citizens who put themselves in harms way for not evacuating when they were told of the impending dangers.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
09-07-2005, 15:05
I am sorry, but this is an unfair and unfounded statement.

Did you perhaps notice that. for two days prior all lanes of highways were bumper to bumper and going in only one direction? Out?

NOLA is one of the most indigent cities in the country. Hundreds of thousands of people own no vehicles and rely on public transportation. The Super Dome and Convention Centers have always been designated shelter sights. The people went where they were told but were then IMO let down. Where were the buses??

Let's not blame the victim!!!

Did you see all the school buses that were left parked in the flooded area and underwater? I suspect that they were left in an area that would flood by poor planning on the part of the City or Parish emergency service planners. I'm sure that if they had been moved to an area outside the flood plain that they could have been used to move people to saftey.

I think that the majority of screw-ups like this can be traced back to poor planning on the part of State and Local officials, as well as the lack of implementation of whatever plans they did have or should have had .
:mad: