PDA

View Full Version : POSER HELP!

zeroalpha
08-31-2005, 04:41
Hi Guys, Sorry, I know I could have done a search etc but Im in a hurry...

Have recently come across a guy claiming to be Ex US SF. His stories are just BS to me.

Unfortunately, Im having a few problems with some mutual friends in that they beleive his claims.

Has anyone got any good sites they can point me to to get info off to assist.

Im looking for a list or similar of what BS these guys use to cover there arses once found out.

IE - "I did secret shit etc etc so all my records are claissified" - I want to have as much 'ammo' behind me when I do take this idiot on.

If anyone has the time to assist me in gathering some intel re SF wannabes etc, it would be greatly appreciated.

I did a quick Google but came up with a lot of broken links. I know theres a good SEAL Phoney site out there but cant find it....

Anyone assist ?

Cheers

R

Pete
08-31-2005, 05:06
Two questions anybody in/ex SF is more than willing to answer are "When did you go through Training Group (The Q course)?" and "What Group(s) were you in?"

A time frame narrows down the search a good bit.

Huey14
08-31-2005, 05:26
Jesus, 0A, you taking the fight worldwide now? :D

zeroalpha
08-31-2005, 05:41
Jesus, 0A, you taking the fight worldwide now? :D

Nah Mate, just an ex of Intel gathering before the big "outting"

zeroalpha
08-31-2005, 06:26
Thanks for the above, but the issue currently isnt actually his status, its more trying to unravel the diversions that he is going to throw up when he is hit on.

Basically, Im looking for the answers to any sort of smoke screen he will put up along the lines of ...

"All my files are sealed" "I did stuff but cant talk about it cos its all secret" etc etc... normal poser stuff thatthey throw up when starting to be discovered.

Specifics on his unit etc are being dealt with seperately.

Any ideas?

lurp
08-31-2005, 06:51
Ask him the same qustion two or tree times.. see if you get the same awnser..
We had a guy claiming to be a pro sniper, his stories always changed.. we had lots of god fun with him and his lies :D

(this happend in the army of course)

jbour13
08-31-2005, 07:30
Even with the minimal info that you've given,....definately a poser.

Establish rapport and elicit info from him if you can, especially if you'll have continued contact.

I'm sure the QP's on this site can help you if you get a name and names of people he knows. If he is claiming SF he should have no problem giving you the info that others have posted. If so I'd hammer his ass in regards to OPSEC and let him know that by him claiming his mysterious past (I did secret shit, etc, etc) and affiliating himself with SF at the same time doesn't jive.

Keep us posted on your developments and a good AAR after you confront this dingleberry would be appreciated. :D

Warrior-Mentor
08-31-2005, 14:03
Ask him what team he was on and when he was there.

Anyone legit will give you the ODA they were on and the dates.

From there you can find guys who are legit to confirm/deny the info.

JM

HOLLiS
08-31-2005, 15:06
ZA, you have gotten some good Q's to ask.

From my perspective: The Gulf War created a New event. Vets were being recognized in a positive view, compared to the Viet-Nam days. A survey done around 1995 had 13 Million American males served in Viet-Nam. Actually Less than 3 Million Americans served.

Most were sneaky petes in super clandestine ops. The common thread was; "my records are sealed", "extremely classified Ops", Etc, other words they could not tell you if they were "I" Corps or ?

By now most Spec ops groups and even regular military units have rosters available. There are Lots of info that is not classified, "or he would have to kill you" that he can tell you. The Internet has brought us a lot closer together then what was ever thought.

From my experience the "Classified BS" is just that, BS especially if they can not cover the basics. I have a friend who is retired ASA friend and we can talk about stuff, even what language school he went too.

one-zero
09-02-2005, 11:41
Points already mentioned:
- When did he go to SFQC. MOS, etc
- ODAs/GP served with and when
Enough folks here have served the spectrum to check with the above. As to whether he served in a secret unit, Doesn't matter because you still account for your time as serving SOMEWHERE even if the unit/ops are classified. Guys leaving SMUs have that on their record, but thats all that will be open. So if the guy is claiming he's FORMERLY served in a secret capacity he should be able to say where even if specifics aren't open for discussion. Very few SOF programs have classified names and if he's gabbing about that we have a different sort of problem here.

I don't know about how other QPs have handled this stuff, its getting rampant as HOLLIS alluded to earlier. If you PM'd me and I found out his status, I'd only say He's BS or he's legit with no elaboration if someone ( another QP) I know could vouch you are who you say you are...because this would be an easy means for someone who we don't care for to vet identities of SOF personnel. I would only elaborate with QPs though...
cheers.
One -Zero