PDA

View Full Version : Future SF? with questions, please.

STERVO
08-29-2005, 11:31
Dear Sirs:
I am 29 year old seriously considering enlisting this winter; my goal is SF. Have purchased/read "Get Selected" and have had ongoing conversation with SF recruiter. Am currently in training. Also I have put much thought and prayer into this. It's all I think about.
Am writing to ask you guys what you think about someone entering the program at my age... is 29 too old? Will it put me at a great disadvantage? Please be frank. I was told this was the place to find out answers re: SF. Anything you can tell me regarding this issue will be helpful.

I am hoping that if I have other questions I could ask them here.

Most Respectfully,
Stervo

fusion94
08-29-2005, 11:59
You should learn how to use search and read the stickies first.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7098

Before you get slammed by one of the QP's here.

Surgicalcric
08-29-2005, 12:07
... is 29 too old?

I surely hope not... I seem to be holding my own at 33.

On a more serious note, this subject has been discussed at length. If you utilize the Search function here I am sure you can find the answers you are looking for. I would simply suggest introducing yourself to the rest of the board in the 'Introductions' thread and filling in your profile so those who may be inclined to answer your questions will have a better idea who is wanting the information they hold.

Welcome to PS.com and best of luck with your decision.

Crip

fusion94
08-29-2005, 12:17
Surgicalcrit said it far nicer and much more eloquent than I. Sorry, I've not had anywhere near the required amount of coffee for me to function as designed yet.

NousDefionsDoc
08-29-2005, 19:03
You should learn how to use search and read the stickies first.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7098

Before you get slammed by one of the QP's here.
We have some excellent moderators on this board and the admins are pretty good too. And they really enjoy helping new people find the search button. How about we let them do their jobs?

STERVO - that's one.

STERVO
08-30-2005, 12:06
Thank you all (Surgialcric, fusioin94, NousDefionsDoc; in order of appearance).

That little search button just opened up a whole world of info. for me.

And that's what I came here looking for.

Lothar
09-23-2005, 08:16
Just got done following the link provided by NDD. I read that whole thread and actually got pissed of at Frank S. Didnīt know when to shut the f--- up.

I am a 30 yr vet on my second tour to AFG and have been contemplating SF for a few years. I am encouraged to find that I am not the only dude out there that is looking to go into the SF pipeline at my age. The most satisfying fact is that guys in my age group are successful when they apply themselves. I have already contacted a SF recruiter from 20th. Just waiting to get back to the states.

The insight and expertise spelled out by the those that have BTDT has been very helpful. Thanks for all the knowledge and annecdotal stories posted.