PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian man gets hate mail.

Spartan359
08-26-2005, 22:07
What do you guys think about this. After you stop grinning of course. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9069423/

You think the man should take legal action? Or can he?

rubberneck
08-27-2005, 06:02
You think the man should take legal action? Or can he?

I am no lawyer so RL or AL will have to tell you if he has standing to sue. IMHO he shouldn't sue. I am sure that the bank will do something nice for him but if I sued everytime someone called me a name I'd be a rich man. :lifter

lurp
08-27-2005, 06:10
Not good for mr.Habbas , I feel a bit sorry for him.. If that hapend to me I would get so mad. But it is also funny in it's own way I think, but also very unrespect full (if I can say that) :cool:

jester_2005
08-27-2005, 07:02
its pretty bad for the old man. he should try to take some kind of action against Chase Bank. the worse part about it is that there are people that will do dumb sh*t like this to people that aren't white or look american.

Bill Harsey
08-27-2005, 07:43
I like the part where Chase says they didn't have anything to do with it.

lksteve
08-27-2005, 07:51
its pretty bad for the old man he's only 54 years old...that is not an old man...not in my book... :rolleyes:

sf11b_p
08-27-2005, 09:43
Sounds like someone filled out an application for Mr. Bomber and the employees of whatever service is used, and in this time of outsourcing it could be a company in India, didn't pick up on it or ignored it.

HOLLiS
08-27-2005, 10:23
There can be more then the article tells you. Personally I have not bought into the PLO lie of Palestine. As the old Arab quote says, "Ma fish falestin".

I thought I did well in old world history, I have never read about "Palestinians" cultue, money, literature, etc.. all the stuff that goes with a ancient civilization. Palestine is a misnomer. The Romans coined Israel that name after the last Jewish rebillion failed around 112 AD. Today (after 1967) Palestinian is a political name. To call oneself a Palestinian, is like calling themselves Commie Bob, and then not liking "commie" jokes.

lksteve, I like to think old is something like, 40 years older than me. I think we are safe to call ourselves "Kids".

dennisw
08-30-2005, 16:16
its pretty bad for the old man. he should try to take some kind of action against Chase Bank. the worse part about it is that there are people that will do dumb sh*t like this to people that aren't white or look american.

Take some kind of action? How was he harmed? Got a stupid letter in the mail. So what.

No one cut off his head, or blew up a bomb where he worshipped, etc.

There are people who will do dumb stuff if you're white, retarded, black, hispanic, conservative, gay, etc. No one has a safe haven from idiots.

I think he should find the humor in it and move on. Could have been a lot worse.

Martin
08-30-2005, 17:01
It was probably on a bought list of addresses.

There is a market for lists of names with contact info, such as e-mail addresses and what not.

Martin

brewmonkey
08-31-2005, 08:00
He is not the only one this has happened to. Just last week a woman recieved an offer from a credit card company and it was addressed to "The Bitch."

Spartan359
08-31-2005, 08:15
He is not the only one this has happened to. Just last week a woman recieved an offer from a credit card company and it was addressed to "The Bitch."

:eek: :D

rubberneck
08-31-2005, 08:42
A lot of these goofy names come from people who make up names whe filling out credit card applications to get free stuff. You see them all the time in Airports or at sporting events. Most of them are caught when they are processed but some happen to sneak through and make it into the various database's. I wonder if this guy had a neighbor who did it as a joke.