PDA

View Full Version : BRAC

BMT (RIP)
08-24-2005, 09:11
The commission also approved Defense Department recommendations to move the 7th Special Forces Group from Fort Bragg to Eglin Air Force Base in Florida, add a fourth combat brigade to the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg and relocate some Europe-based forces to the post.

DO NOT put the HOUSE and FARM on the market!!! This could take up to 6 years if

everything is approved.

:munchin

BMT

Pete
08-24-2005, 12:43
FORSCOM HQ?

Pope is on the AF list but so far it's a net gain of 4,300 (?) jobs to to the Ft Bragg and Fayetteville area.

With new construction in Hoke, Harnett and (Soon to be because of I-295) Sampson County there will be a house available for everybody. Nice new construction is running from around $110,000 to $500,000.

Existing homes are available in all neighborhoods. Price is based on location and condition. VA/Bank owned homes can be found in just about every neighborhood in the greater Cumberland county area. Most bank owned property is discounted at 10-50% based on condition and sold "as is".

For you new guys in town, talk with somebody who has been here a while before you pick a neighborhood to rent in. Before you sign the papers knock on a few of the neighbor's doors and say "Hey there".

For you guys who want to sell there is always FSBO (for sale by owner) and a number of on-line Real Estate services. I think the military has one also. But i must say the big local companies can move the standard properties pretty quick. That 5-6% sales commision has to be considered in the "How Quick" you want to sell.