PDA

View Full Version : SF Songbook?

12B4S
08-24-2005, 00:40
Question........
Any FOGs around here remember anything about the SF Songbook?

There were a few around while I was in Toelz.

NousDefionsDoc
08-24-2005, 21:18
Must be a 10th Group thing... :rolleyes:

12B4S
08-25-2005, 02:19
Of course NDD. We always considered ourselves a well rounded bunch. Dabbling in the arts and all. :D

Team Sergeant
08-25-2005, 07:32
Question........
Any FOGs around here remember anything about the SF Songbook?

There were a few around while I was in Toelz.

You guys obviously were not busy enough. ;)

Kyobanim
08-25-2005, 08:40
This topic interested me so much that I had to do a little research. I found this song listed in the table of contents for the 10th Group song book. In fact, it was the only song listed. Luckily, someone was smart enough to make a recording of it before it was lost forever. You can hear it Here (http://www.wimp.com/beersong/)

12B4S
08-27-2005, 02:51
You guys obviously were not busy enough. ;)

We were TS, we were. (Damn, sounds just like my Team Sergeant.)

Constantly assimilating into the culture of whatever Country we were in. That's where the ideas for the songs came from. Trouble was, the only time we had to jot down the rough drafts of the verses was while humpin' through that given Country's Alps on XC skiis......THAT is not an easy task. :D

LOL Kyo.......... Nope. That wasn't one of the songs. Although many did include an Ode to the "spirits", so to speak, among other things.

It's been awhile, but the reason I know this, is because...... one would be hard-pressed to find even one verse in any of the songs that could be posted on this site. ;)

I saw two copies of this songbook. One while I was at Toelz and one seven or so years after I was out. They were rare. A friend of mine made a copy before he left Toelz. When I was living in the Chicago area my wife and I went to CO for a ski vacation. This buddy of mine was living in Vail. That was the second time I saw the songbook. Thought about making a copy back then.

A small bit of real life advice to anyone coming across this thread.......... You want to do anything possible to eliminate the phrase.......... "I SHOULD HAVE" from your vocabulary. That's in simple form. That is damn near a thread in itself.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-27-2005, 04:46
Constantly assimilating into the culture of whatever Country we were in. That's where the ideas for the songs came from. Trouble was, the only time we had to jot down the rough drafts of the verses was while humpin' through that given Country's Alps on XC skiis......THAT is not an easy task. :D

That was a bitch-but then that is why we had those flip tops on our beer steins to keep from sloshing all that Budvar all over the place :D

12B4S
08-28-2005, 01:12
Exactly Colonel........ Most the 5th guys knew that. Because Toelz was sort of like a Fraternity thing back then. VN/Toelz, VN/Toelz, VN/Toelz. The few from 7th Group I met, all thought the flip tops on the steins, were merely for decorative purposes. Along with the steins! ;)