PDA

View Full Version : Replying w/ multiple quotes

jatx
08-20-2005, 14:59
How do I post a response which includes quotes from multiple members? I can think of a brute force method, but am sure that there is a more elegant solution. :munchin

The Reaper
08-20-2005, 15:20
How do I post a response which includes quotes from multiple members? I can think of a brute force method, but am sure that there is a more elegant solution. :munchin

Cut/copy and paste is how I do it.

TR

Gypsy
08-20-2005, 21:25
Sometimes I open a second browser screen go to the thread and hit quote as if I intend to reply to the posts, then do as TR. This way I get the poster's name in the quote as well.

jatx
08-20-2005, 21:54
Thanks!

magician
08-20-2005, 23:17
Just bracket the quoted text with a quote tag, like this:

quoted text

Or, you can select text, then hit the quote icon in the upper right-hand corner of the editing window. It is the icon that looks like a word bubble.

If this makes no sense, a quote tag is simply the word "quote" placed inside the brackets that appear just to the right of the "P" key on most keyboards.

You begin the quoted text with the word "quote" inside brackets, and end the quoted text with a forward slash, on the same key as the question mark, just ahead of the same word, "quote."

It is probably easier to show you, than it is to explain.

This is a bracket: [

You insert the word "quote" next, then you close the tag with ].

You then include your text that you are quoting.

You close the quote by typing [

then /quote

then you type ].

You can learn about all tags permitted on this site on this page:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

Hope that helps.

Peregrino
08-21-2005, 08:17
You can learn about all tags permitted on this site on this page:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

Hope that helps.

Now that's just plain Magic! :D Thanks - Peregrino

magician
08-21-2005, 10:20
Phew.

I am just relieved that any portion of that post made sense to anyone.

I did try to post the actual code, but the code tag does not work as I expected it to work.

:)