PDA

View Full Version : interesting and informative read

css
08-17-2005, 05:52
I found this while doing some research, I found it very informative and interesting, It is a thesis by a Major Armando J. Ramirez detailing special forces operations from 1995-2004. It is a considerable read, but I believe well worth one's time. I also recommend this to those considering sf as a career, as it shows the implementation of the various sf missions, such as direct action, unconventional warfare, special reconnaissance, and foreign internal defense. It also shows the importance of sf units to use their heads, giving detailed accounts where brute force and direct action were not needed to resolve potentionally explosive situations without bloodshed. For me it is yet another tool in making my informed, mature decision about a future sf career.

www.fas.org/man/eprint/ramirez.pdf

Kyobanim
08-17-2005, 06:11
Thanks for posting this. I've just skimmed the document but it looks very informative, and an interesting read. Very well written.

Ammodawg
08-17-2005, 09:54
Looks like I have my homework for this weekend, thank you for posting this. :)

css
08-17-2005, 11:45
No problem, glad you all enjoyed it, I ran into it last night at about 0245 and never stopped reading until I had absorbed all 100 or so pages.

The Reaper
08-17-2005, 16:48
Interesting article, I know one of the members of his thesis committee.

There are some typos and factual errors, but the overall analysis is good.

TR

Pvt.Tentpeg
08-24-2005, 19:08
Interesting indeed, only because I was actually involved with one of the missions he writes about. Natrually I can't/won't say which one it was over ther air. I also tend to remembers things just a little bit differently, but overall he was correct.

Ambush Master
08-24-2005, 19:50
For your first post PTP, you have missed the "MARK" !!

Please read the stickies and the Threads at the top of the Forums, then post your intoduction and introduce yourself properly !!!

(Note to Admin and Moderator staff):
I do believe we must write a "canned" message that we can cut and paste in here !!! Jeezzz, and this guy has been a member for a couple of months. Apparently his Guidance Group has been inserted into his Exhaust Nozzle for too long !!!

Please comply.

Later.
Martin

Pvt.Tentpeg
08-24-2005, 20:05
My bad, I didn't see that until after I posted, oh well. I'll do some flutter kicks for that. Opps, I did it again! I posted here before the intro thread.