PDA

View Full Version : FBI names new leader in fight against terror

Sacamuelas
08-16-2005, 07:01
http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=31999&dcn=e_gvet

Any thoughts on the choices? It looks like the #2 man has a CIA background. Anyone think this will help interagency sharing and collaboration? :munchin

Bald now serves as executive assistant director for counterterrorism and counterintelligence, which included overseeing matters of counterproliferation.

Mudd has served in a number of positions at the CIA since 1985, most recently as deputy head of the agency's Counterterrorism Center.

Solid
08-16-2005, 07:51
I really wonder how much of the friction in interagency work is a result of the people or the systems.
I'd wager that it's a combination of the two, but that the infrastructure of the various agencies is not yet streamlined enough for really strong interagency collaborations to form. Also, I'd imagine that considering the "necessary" size of some of these agencies, it's almost impossible to reach that streamlined state.

In short, I am beginning to think (or at least feel my original views have been supported by my limited experience) that this interagency collaboration schtick is something close to a pipedream. Doesn't mean, of course, that they should stop aiming to achieve it.

JMO,

Solid