PDA

View Full Version : The Other Army

eva05
08-15-2005, 09:28
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/14/magazine/14PRIVATI.html

Read this in the NY Times magazine this weekend. It's online so I figured I'd share.

I thought it was an interesting read. I know Craig Maxim, who worked for them, was interviewed on NPR last year...this is the first big thing I've read about them since they relocated to Virginia.

There are a few inaccuracies...I was pretty sure they didn't get a piece of that State Department Contract for protection of overseas US diplomats (they had issued a retraction a few months ago of a press release that stated they had gotten that contract) and I'm pretty sure that they lost 1-2 guys as well...

I seem to recall seeing there name on one of the lists of ICs killed in Iraq...

j

CPTAUSRET
08-15-2005, 09:51
I know this is open source, but I do not like seeing some of those names, especially on this board. I have corresponded with one of those gentlemen, and I do not brlieve he would like his name displayed here.

Terry

Team Sergeant
08-15-2005, 12:56
I know this is open source, but I do not like seeing some of those names, especially on this board. I have corresponded with one of those gentlemen, and I do not brlieve he would like his name displayed here.

Terry

You know Terry, if they really didn't want their names in public they should have NEVER talked to the left media, especially the NYT's. Just a thought.

CPTAUSRET
08-15-2005, 13:24
You know Terry, if they really didn't want their names in public they should have NEVER talked to the left media, especially the NYT's. Just a thought.

After a couple of PM's between eva and me, I came to the same conclusion...The individual I was referring to is quoted in that article.

Self inflicted wound, or self promotion.

Terry