PDA

View Full Version : You know your wifes a keeper when...

JGarcia
08-10-2005, 12:02
We had a huge fire next to our neighborhood yesterday, two air attack planes, two helicopters, and over 20 fire trucks responded. I was at work when the fire started down in the canyon behind our house.

As it came up the hillside toward our homes, my wife grabbed some clothes for the kids some blankets and pillows, the hard drive and..... My guns. ;) She left everything else.

Our house wasnt touched, but you could easily throw a rock from our door to the burn area. She's a keeper, you never know how someone is going to react in that situation, but I am VERY proud of her today.

When I was in Iraq in 04, a guy tried to grab her purse as she was coming out of the bank. She was pregnant at the time with our first. She fought him, and held him down till the police got there, she kept her purse and he went to jail. There was never any doubt after that, but what happend yesterday is icing on the cake!

We need to make more children!! Now if you guys could help me with the expenses...In a couple of generations we could turn this whole mess around. :D

alphamale
08-10-2005, 12:20
...the hard drive and..... My guns. ;) She left everything else. Hard drive backup and guns are part of my "Leave in 60 seconds" procedure too.

Congrats NG_M4_Shooter, and glad to hear it turned out OK for you and your family!

FrontSight

The Reaper
08-10-2005, 12:38
Hard drive backup and guns are part of my "Leave in 60 seconds" procedure too.

Congrats NG_M4_Shooter, and glad to hear it turned out OK for you and your family!

FrontSight

I am glad to say that I could not throw all of my firearms out of the house in 60 seconds, much less carry them. That is why I have a triple fire-lined safe.

Gotta say, NG, she sounds like quite a lady. Only thing missing is her with a hose fighting it out till the fire hit the FPL and then unassing the AO with the valuables.

TR

Roycroft201
08-10-2005, 12:42
Very,very glad that your family is OK and your home intact, NG.

Unsolicited advice:
Your wife is very special. Don't forget to tell her - often. If she knows that you told everyone here, folks who can appreciate what her priorities were for you, I'm sure that would make her feel appreciated. But it's those unexpected times when you tell her, for no reason at all, that make her feel...........well, sort of like doing FS's ::lizard squiggle:: thing. And who knows where that can lead :cool: .

Trust me. I'm a woman, and old enough to be your mother. I know whereof I speak.

Be careful (I mean of the wildfires !)

JGarcia
08-10-2005, 15:37
The only improve I gave her was communication. She received a T on all other tasks. When I saw the fire on the news I was at work. I tried to call her on the cell and the land line, got no answer. When I got as close as I could to the house, I parked it (the police were detouring everyone) I unassed the truck and humped in, as soon as I could see the house, her jeep wasnt there, I knew she was safe.

Turns out she went to the baby sitters house across town, I figured it out. The funny part was when the reporters were really close to the fire line, and a tanker came over and dropped fire retardant all over them as they were reporting. Classic. They got slimed.

Gypsy
08-10-2005, 15:51
Glad to hear all is ok!

The reporters getting slimed...an added bonus. :D

alphamale
08-10-2005, 15:53
She received a T on all other tasks.What is a T ?

FrontSight

ps: Rub her feet.

EX-Gold Falcon
08-10-2005, 16:02
What is a T ?

FrontSight

ps: Rub her feet.
HA!

My departed wife was always a sucker for that as well!

Definetly keep her, and don't even think about a "trade-in" 10 years down the road!

T.

The Reaper
08-10-2005, 17:06
What is a T ?

FrontSight

"Trained."

Roycroft201
08-10-2005, 22:23
"Trained."

No way !!!! What does it REALLY stand for ? :munchin

JGarcia
08-10-2005, 22:46
Typically when Army training is conducted it is usually followed by an AAR or an after action review.

During the AAR the tasks assigned to the unit are identified. It is determined at what level of training the unit performing the tasks is at: T, P, or U. T being trained, P for proficient, and U for untrained. It is desireable to receive the evaluation rating of 'T' for trained.

We've been together since 99, no trades planned. Thanks for the kind words, I'll pass them on.

TR, she did drag the hose out, hook it up to a sprinkler and cranked the water full on. The house was soaked on the SE side (general direction of the fire) I think she woulda been standing there with the hose had it not been for our girls (21 mos., and 5 mos. old).

We had to play hookey from work today to allow for the appropriate amount of 'family' time. All in all an excellent day.

Viking
08-10-2005, 23:22
Glad to hear that all is well. She definately is a keeper. Sounds like she has an excellent head on her shoulders. BTW, pretty good write-up in this months "SWAT" magazine on the editors house burning down. He wrote a good AAR on it. Glad they made it out.