PDA

View Full Version : Lance wins his SEVENTH!!!!

Gypsy
07-24-2005, 08:59
What a stud! Congrats!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-tourdefrance&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lance Armstrong wins seventh consecutive and last Tour de France

By JOHN LEICESTER, Associated Press Writer
July 24, 2005

AP - Jul 24, 10:36 am EDT
More Photos

PARIS (AP) -- Lance Armstrong closed out his amazing career with a seventh consecutive Tour de France victory Sunday -- and did it a little earlier than expected.

Because of wet conditions, race organizers stopped the clock as Armstrong and the main pack entered Paris. Although riders were still racing, with eight laps of the Champs-Elysees to complete, organizers said that Armstrong had officially won.

The Reaper
07-24-2005, 10:14
Well done, Lance.

Thanks from one American to another for setting the bar high and making it reality.

Congratulations.

TR

alphamale
07-24-2005, 10:15
What an incredible demonstration of athletic excellence over a long period of time.

FrontSight

Pete
07-24-2005, 12:38
The wire story does not cover the TdF rules very well about the judges call on a wet track. While they called time for the 21 stages at the first lap of the final eight the stage race continued for all eight.

Vino suprised the sprinters with his breakaway to take the stage win but he may find a hard time finding a team to ride with next year. While making a bunch of headlines this year it was clear he was not a "Team" player.

Nice to see the Discovery Team riding around LA as they did for most of the race. That was some team pile up when GH's wheel slipped out from under him and took out two other Discovery riders and almost LA.

Well there's only two sports I like to view on TV and they are the TdF and America's Cup. I have to wait until June 2007 for that one.

skipjack
07-24-2005, 13:24
Congrats Lance. What an amazing individual!

-skipjack

Doc
07-24-2005, 15:19
It's remakable with all that is going on, this incredible story has been on a lot of people's minds where I live.

I am so glad to hear he completed his dream. What a terrific story. Thanks for posting this.

Congrats Lance!

Doc

37F5V
07-24-2005, 17:11
Congrats to Lance and Team Disco!! The Lady and I followed the TDF pretty closely this year and enjoyed all of it.

I agree, Vino really hammered that last klick or so... However I'm not so sure that it's all Vino causing the problems ;)

Anyway.... What an inspiration Lance and the other riders are..... :lifter

Sigi
07-24-2005, 18:19
Thanks Lance, it was about to get boring. LOL.

Seriously, this guy trained 365 days a year. Everyday. All day. For what? Who was he chasing? Why was he doing it?

Talk about pushing yourself. Amazing.

cszakolczai
07-26-2005, 10:43
Yeah Lance! He is a machine and he doesn't stop until he crosses that finishing line. Do you guys think he will ever retire? I think he will ride races through his whole life till the day he dies, people like him don't stop competing. But he deserves some rest, thanks Lance,
Chris