PDA

View Full Version : 18x Contract

elmntskater1588
07-19-2005, 17:11
If this is in the wrong place, please move. Thanks.

Doc
07-19-2005, 17:58
Good googely moogely, you must be proud. Congrats. Now go train smartly in anticipation of your quest.

PT log books are a good thing. ;)

Doc

Books
07-19-2005, 18:40
A thousand mile journey begins with a single step. I'm on about mile 236 right about now. . .

Prepare your body and mind for training command BS, hurry up, wait, stand still, go fast, kick in the shins, muscle failure, stand up, on your backs, on your fronts, long walks in the woods alone at night, rucks that seem to just get heavier, feet that fall apart, learning so much you never knew you could. . . oh and the best part? The sh_t eating grin on your face from knowing you're following your dream and walking in the footsteps of warriors - great, honorable men.

Good luck!

Warrior-Mentor
07-19-2005, 22:40
Right on!

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. You now have the opportunity.
Take the time to prepare for it to maximize your chances of good "luck" and being successful.

Looking forward to hearing from you after Selection....especially if you used GET SELECTED as a training tool.

Stay in contact as time permits.

LQS, CS, DS...
JM

McNasty
07-20-2005, 08:22
Congrats!!

If I'm reading that right, you have a year before you report. Use the time wisely. There's no reason you shouldn't be hard as Woodpecker Lips by the time you report. Hurt now so the pain isn't as bad when you get to Selection.

Good luck !!

jon448
07-21-2005, 01:28
Skater,
Congrats, I'll probably be shipping out around the same time as you next year. I'm not 100% sure yet, meeting with my recruiter today and headin into MEPS to sign my contract next week. If we get the same ship date I'll let you know.
Jon

elmntskater1588
07-21-2005, 14:40
Thanks, everyone. Many words of wisdom have been typed out here, and I plan on taking full advantage of every one. Jon448 good luck, hopefully well meet up some where along the Pipeline :D .

Hooahman
07-21-2005, 19:40
Your orders read almost like mine except I have PLDC before SOPC and SFAS. Hmmm, how strange. Also, CONGRATS!!!!!!!

NousDefionsDoc
07-21-2005, 19:59
If this is in the wrong place, please move. Thanks.
Doesn't seem like much money or paper for a whole year's worth (two for medics) of getting your ass kicked everyday does it? :o

LOL

NousDefionsDoc
07-21-2005, 20:01
Your orders read almost like mine except I have PLDC before SOPC and SFAS. Hmmm, how strange. Also, CONGRATS!!!!!!!
That's good, at least if you quit, they can make use of you to march the Sluggos to the chowhall and back.

Hooahman
07-21-2005, 20:08
LOL!!! Quit? I dont know this word =P I have come to far preparing to even think about that humiliation!!! but thanks for the info hehe.

elmntskater1588
07-22-2005, 07:59
Doesn't seem like much money or paper for a whole year's worth (two for medics) of getting your ass kicked everyday does it? :o

LOL

I'd get my ass kicked for free, moneys just a plus. :D

Thanks, my training type and location seem to be a little mixed up, but my job isnt :D .

Blitzkrieg
07-22-2005, 08:24
Congratulations and best luck ! ;)

Surgicalcric
07-22-2005, 15:51
Your orders read almost like mine except I have PLDC before SOPC...

Its just a quirk I would bet. I was scheduled to attend SFAS after CLT (PLDC & BNCOC combined.) Didnt happen. August 8 is my date for CLT...then Ph-II I hope.

Best of luck.

Crip

Surgicalcric
07-22-2005, 15:53
I'd get my ass kicked for free, moneys just a plus...

Must be nice not to have any bills and to be able to think that way...lol

Its alright though...by the time I graduate I will meet the TIS requirements for E-6...

Crip

Books
07-22-2005, 16:16
No matter what the order of the schools, at least you're in the system. I've had my ATARRS request in for longer than normal and still haven't been reserved for the Q. Waiting, waiting, waiting. I probably check ATARRS twice a day hoping to see the course reservation in my inbox. Patience is a virtue, right?

Crip, PM inbound.

Books

The Reaper
07-22-2005, 17:03
Congratulations and best luck ! ;)

Blitz:

Read the stickies, fill in your profile, and introduce yourself on the Intros thread before you post again.

TR

Surgicalcric
07-22-2005, 20:09
N...I've had my ATARRS request in for longer than normal and still haven't been reserved for the Q...
Books

<Momentary HIJACK>

Books,

How long has it been in? Has your training NCo talked to the State ADT manager? Having worked in the NG Liaison's office here at SWTG(A) I can tell you ADT managers drag their feet alot. Just an idea...

Crip

<HIJACK concluded>

jon448
08-01-2005, 09:14
Since my recruiter decided that he was sick of me harassing him I'm finally going to MEPS tonight to get my contract signed tomorrow. I'm sure you will all be waiting with anxiety to see how it goes. :p
I'll update everyone tomorrow afternoon once I get back, hopefully it'll be all set.
Jon

elmntskater1588
08-01-2005, 18:34
jon448, you going to the MEPS in Springfield? Thats where I went. Its pretty nice, very clean. If you stay for dinner watch out for the boiled steak!!