PDA

View Full Version : Period of time BTDT's work out of medkits

Mr. Freeze
07-19-2005, 16:57
If it is in any way an opsec issue, I'll go back under my rock with complete understanding...

I see the types of bags that you guys might be carrying, whether stomps, blackhawks, whatever and had a question about how long (much more so than how many wounded you can treat using it) you could be expected to work out of your bag.

The reason I ask is that a few geniuses (genii?) are looking at consolidating our bags into one RFB Bag, that is just unwieldly as all get out. My first thought was the most professional medics in the entire world, who are expected to operate autonomously for X amount of time and who only have what they carry probably would think it was overkill to buy bags as big as a bale of hay and never be any farther than 150' from the truck...

I was just trying to gain perspective on that "X amount of time"...

NousDefionsDoc
07-19-2005, 17:38
How long? Well, I can treat athlete's foot out of a bag indefinitely, but a couple of good burn patients and I'm probably out of business in less than an hour.

Doc
07-19-2005, 17:55
Everyone has their own preferences. I'll take a M-5 Bag anyday. Small, somewhat easy to carry and you can throw it. Plus when I open it up I can actually see my gear.

JMHO. Your's may vary.

Doc

NousDefionsDoc
07-19-2005, 17:57
Everyone has their own preferences. I'll take a M-5 Bag anyday. Small, somewhat easy to carry and you can throw it. Plus when I open it up I can actually see my gear.

JMHO. Your's may vary.

Doc
Are you still using leather or did you finally make the leap to canvas? :D

Doc
07-19-2005, 17:59
Canvas???

What will they think of next? :D

Doc

Guy
07-19-2005, 18:02
As NDD stated...How long?

The scene in which you may find yourself in, will dictate on what you may carry.

I caught HELL! Carrying a "BIG ASS" aid-bag doing PSD work or quick runs.

I've also carried everything I could...on long runs.

Stay safe.

Guy
07-19-2005, 18:06
I'll take a M-5 Bag anyday. Small, somewhat easy to carry and you can throw it. Plus when I open it up I can actually see my gear.

JMHO. Your's may vary.

DocTry getting into those new bags. :(

Damn buckles are a pain in the ass!

Stay safe.

Doc
07-19-2005, 18:10
Try getting into those new bags. :(

Damn buckles are a pain in the ass!

Stay safe.

New doesn't mean better bro as you have witnessed. The M-5 is still the way the go IMHO.

JMHO, YMV.

Doc