PDA

View Full Version : TV Show: Unconventional Warfare

Roguish Lawyer
07-11-2005, 10:43
Saw this documentary on the History Channel. Thought it was pretty good. Discusses UW tactics over history used by the likes of Hannibal, Genghis Khan, Sir Francis Drake, smallpox used against American Indians by the British, Kamikazees, etc. Interviewed GEN Clark extensively, plus Cordesman and others. Pretty good show.

One thing the show highlighted is the world's exposure to smallpox as a bioweapon used by terrorists. Makes me wonder whether we should start vaccinating people again.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-11-2005, 13:17
[QUOTE=Roguish Lawyer] Interviewed GEN Clark extensivelyQUOTE]

That would be "Weasely" Clark, Clinton's buddy.

jatx
07-11-2005, 13:21
One thing the show highlighted is the world's exposure to smallpox as a bioweapon used by terrorists. Makes me wonder whether we should start vaccinating people again.

I believe that there are only two remaining reference strains in existence (maintained to make vaccine in case of a "spontaneous" outbreak). They are in Atlanta at CDC and in Moscow. Did the show say that we have reason to believe one of these has been compromised? :munchin

Roguish Lawyer
07-11-2005, 13:24
I believe that there are only two remaining reference strains in existence (maintained to make vaccine in case of a "spontaneous" outbreak). They are in Atlanta at CDC and in Moscow. Did the show say that we have reason to believe one of these has been compromised? :munchin

Yes, and also that your assumption may be incorrect because the Soviets were making lots of bioweapons in the 80s.

Why are you so confident about your assumption anyway?