PDA

View Full Version : SOF Casualties.

QRQ 30
07-11-2005, 09:23
Each and every KIA in a war is a tragedy. I don't want to detract from the condolences for the SEALs and other SOF lost in combat. Something just happened to strike me when I read the article on the recoverd SEAL's body. The article stated that this was the largest single loss of SOF since WWII. They lost 21 which is 21 too many. However on Aug 29, 1968 28 SOF(SOG) along with 41 of their indig were lost at FOB-4 Marble Mountain in Danang.

NousDefionsDoc
07-11-2005, 17:25
Thank you for the reminderr Terry. Just keep in mind, they are writers, not shooters. The important thing is that we remember - as many as we can for as long as we can.

aricbcool
07-11-2005, 19:02
It's very sad that the media constantly tries to find comparisons to beef up the "drama" of the story. When they can't find the right comparisons, they categorize (i.e. worst American casualties since..., worst SOF casualties since..., worst SEAL casualties since..., whatever.)

As far as I'm concerned, we can't start going back until we've topped 2819 in a single day.

Thanks for the post QRQ30. It serves to remind us that this isn't Americas first costly war, this isn't the last, and that most reporters are assclowns.

--Aric

Peregrino
07-11-2005, 19:51
and that most reporters are assclowns. --Aric

Not much more that can be said. Peregrino

The Reaper
07-11-2005, 20:11
On September 17th, 1862, more Americans died in two hours in a single Maryland cornfield than have been killed in the entire GWOT.

For that matter, more died in two hours at Pearl Harbor than in the GWOT as well.

Lest we forget, every one of them was a son, most were brothers, and many were fathers.

Our casualties are only important to the media when they reinforce a point that they are trying to make.

TR

AngelsSix
07-11-2005, 20:16
Very well said, sir, RIP to all our warriors, no matter who, what when or where............