PDA

View Full Version : London blasts

danjam
07-07-2005, 04:23
Thoughts are with them as early report suggest terror attacks

Rschoeneck
07-07-2005, 04:42
I remember living there in the early 80's at RAF Mildenhall and going through the same thing. If I recall, at that time they were targeting shopping centers and the Air Force was quick to start protecting the dependents.

My thoughts are with them.

Huey14
07-07-2005, 05:26
Fucking wanker camel and/or lepracaurn fuckers.

I apologise for the language. I'm quite unhappy about this.

Pandora
07-07-2005, 05:27
My prayers are also with them.

I feel so sick - and sad.

37F5V
07-07-2005, 05:52
My thoughts and prayers go out to our English Brethren.

John

Huey14
07-07-2005, 06:41
Apparantly an Al Queda cell or cell appropriating the name has claimed responsibility.

Also, a mate in London who has a mate working for the Underground. He says 300+ casualties there, though I don't know if that's wounded included.

Also, my mate said his train was delayed that morning because a suspicous device had been found on a train. Hopefully, this device will shed a lot of light on the motherfuckers who built it.

jbour13
07-07-2005, 06:57
This is the hard way to get a wake up call, hopefully other nations will not be so lax in their security and step up to the plate and remind the citizens that complacency kills.

I hope that this galvanizes support for GWOT and doesn't undermine security efforts throughout the world.

My thoughts are with those that are directly or indirectly affected. Now lets find and kill the bastards responsible.

Huey14
07-07-2005, 07:00
How the hell can you call them LAX? Brit security services are some of the best in the world. They can't catch everything.

Achilles
07-07-2005, 07:25
Sad day...

I hope they come together against the terrorists... this could be Spain 2.0...

Thoughts and prayers out to the Londoners and their families.

mumbleypeg
07-07-2005, 07:44
This from the BBC.

Statement claiming London attacks

The BBC has located an Islamist website that has published a 200-word statement issued by an organisation saying it carried out the London bombings.

The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group not previously been heard of.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/uk/4660391.stm

Published: 2005/07/07 12:27:20 GMT

© BBC MMV

I see also that Al-Qaeda in Iraq has killed the Egyptian diplomat which they kidnapped.

Achilles
07-07-2005, 07:59
Should have posted this earlier...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings

It's updated as soon as new developments occur.

jon448
07-07-2005, 08:01
Sad day...

Yeah I hope that doesn't happen again.

Although I'm more worried about the victims as of right now, I'll worry about the political fallout later on.

dave_az
07-07-2005, 08:03
Just in on Drudgereport: Apparently an Israeli official, Netanyahu, has just been warned of the bombings, and stayed in his hotel room. Where he should have been was near or at a bomb site.

JERUSALEM - British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before Thursday's explosions that they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.

Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had planned to attend an economic conference in a hotel over the subway stop where one of the blasts occurred, and the warning prompted him to stay in his hotel room instead, government officials said.

Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said he wasn't aware of any Israeli casualties.

Just before the blasts, Scotland Yard called the security officer at the Israeli Embassy to say they had received warnings of possible attacks, the official said. He did not say whether British police made any link to the economic conference.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the nature of his position

jbour13
07-07-2005, 08:11
How the hell can you call them LAX? Brit security services are some of the best in the world. They can't catch everything.

You're exactly right in saying that the British security services some of the best.

People in general are so naive in thinking that since these terrorist acts occour nothing else can happen again.

In what I said "...hopefully other nations will not be so lax in their security and step up to the plate and remind the citizens that complacency kills." I see how it was taken as a bit off color. The nations themselves do what they believe to be right. But citizens of that nation don't want to take care of themselves. There is little to no self preservation mindset in the masses. This forum is overwhelmingly SA in everyday life. But walk around and watch how people walk amongst others in public with entirely too much trust. I live up against DC and it's downright frustrating to see people just turn a blind eye to a suspicous person or bag that was left behind. It happens because of complacency. It pisses me off to no end to see images of 9-11, but on the other side of the coin it reminds me of how quick it could all end. It makes me look a little closer at someone that looks to be overdressed in bulky clothing in hot weather, those that look uncomfortable or out of place. People need to stop thinking that what happens around them is not their buisness. If it could potentially affect me, it is my buisness and I'll make it so.

A nation has to educate it's people realistically and stop coddling them into believing that it's gonna be ok.

I don't want to get you pissed off due to the connection you have with this event, take my post for what it's worth. I can't make everyone happy and don't intend to change my point of view.

V/R
SGT B

CoLawman
07-07-2005, 08:16
[QUOTE=Achilles]Sad day...

Our English partners are not the Spaniards or the French. I believe the blokes reactions will be more comparable to the 9/11 reaction of Americans! Just my simple opinion.

jon448
07-07-2005, 08:22
Our English partners are not the Spaniards or the French. I believe the blokes reactions will be more comparable to the 9/11 reaction of Americans! Just my simple opinion.
Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly but I think a problem may occur when they think that this is because of the already unpopular war in Iraq. And I'm curious about how this will influence their opinions.

jatx
07-07-2005, 08:45
Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly but I think a problem may occur when they think that this is because of the already unpopular war in Iraq. And I'm curious about how this will influence their opinions.

Public opinion is the last thing I'm thinking about this morning - the victims' bodies aren't even cold yet. Jeez!

Sweetbriar
07-07-2005, 08:57
Dave, according to the news conference just now, there was NO advance intelligence on the bombs. Unless an official spokesman somewhere would like to come forward, the "un-named" source in this report sounds more like a shit-stirrer than anything else. IMO.

Just in on Drudgereport: Apparently an Israeli official, Netanyahu, has just been warned of the bombings, and stayed in his hotel room. Where he should have been was near or at a bomb site.

JERUSALEM - British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before Thursday's explosions that they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.

Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had planned to attend an economic conference in a hotel over the subway stop where one of the blasts occurred, and the warning prompted him to stay in his hotel room instead, government officials said.

Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said he wasn't aware of any Israeli casualties.

Just before the blasts, Scotland Yard called the security officer at the Israeli Embassy to say they had received warnings of possible attacks, the official said. He did not say whether British police made any link to the economic conference.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the nature of his position

mumbleypeg
07-07-2005, 09:06
If your teeth aren't already set; If this doesn't set your teeth on edge; If you are not filing your resolve to very fine points. You will reap disaster.

The "correctness" questions have been rendered moot. The wafflers need to realize that murder is afoot and that they are on the list.

This is nihilism in effect. Nothing is true everything is permitted. Backing down is simply inviting them to your house. There is good reason the followers of Hassan Ibn Sabbah were called the assassins.

Jo Sul
07-07-2005, 15:53
We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

Well, THAT'S good to know - all we have to do is issue a warning that we are going to hunt them all down, then they will be OK with it and everyone will be happy. He who warns is excused.

aricbcool
07-07-2005, 16:34
This won't be Spain 2.0

Recall that the bombings in Spain happened right before their elections.

The London bombings happened after their latest election.

The rewards of mass hysteria and public craziness won't benefit the terrorists as there is no way for the sheeple to put the govt. to the vote... yet.

Besides, the track record of the British to endure hardship, misery and atrocities are extremely high.

To quote one brit:
"We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim?

I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Let that be realised; no survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge and impulse of the ages, that mankind will move forward towards its goal. But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

The brits have proven to be staunch allies and true to their word in previous conflicts. They have done the same in the GWOT. I do not see this attack doing anything but strengthening their resolve.

--Aric

Gypsy
07-07-2005, 17:06
My thoughts and prayers are with all of our British friends. RIP.

Get some.

Huey14
07-07-2005, 22:50
You're exactly right in saying that the British security services some of the best.

People in general are so naive in thinking that since these terrorist acts occour nothing else can happen again.

In what I said "...hopefully other nations will not be so lax in their security and step up to the plate and remind the citizens that complacency kills." I see how it was taken as a bit off color. The nations themselves do what they believe to be right. But citizens of that nation don't want to take care of themselves. There is little to no self preservation mindset in the masses. This forum is overwhelmingly SA in everyday life. But walk around and watch how people walk amongst others in public with entirely too much trust. I live up against DC and it's downright frustrating to see people just turn a blind eye to a suspicous person or bag that was left behind. It happens because of complacency. It pisses me off to no end to see images of 9-11, but on the other side of the coin it reminds me of how quick it could all end. It makes me look a little closer at someone that looks to be overdressed in bulky clothing in hot weather, those that look uncomfortable or out of place. People need to stop thinking that what happens around them is not their buisness. If it could potentially affect me, it is my buisness and I'll make it so.

A nation has to educate it's people realistically and stop coddling them into believing that it's gonna be ok.

I don't want to get you pissed off due to the connection you have with this event, take my post for what it's worth. I can't make everyone happy and don't intend to change my point of view.

V/R
SGT B

No, no, it's fine. I was just upset last night and I just kind of threw the words out.

Sweetbriar
07-08-2005, 19:33
We Are NOT Afraid! (http://www.werenotafraid.com/)

The British spirit is fighting back.

(Is that squirrel SF? ;) )

EX-Gold Falcon
07-09-2005, 12:01
I remember living there in the early 80's at RAF Mildenhall and going through the same thing. If I recall, at that time they were targeting shopping centers and the Air Force was quick to start protecting the dependents.

My thoughts are with them.

Small world, my family was at Upper Heyford 82-86.

The British have the experience and fortitude to both weather this tragedy and prosecute those responsible .

Peace unto the victims and their families.

Rule Britannia!

T.

The Reaper
07-09-2005, 21:32
The Brits and our other great allies are standing with us and will not let us down.

AQ picked the wrong nation to attack this time. The Brits stuck it out through the Blitz when things looked hopeless and we were not yet involved.

In that light, I use one of the finer quotes of a very quotable Englishman who served his country during that time.

"If you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." -- Winston Churchill

God Bless the victims and their families, and let us renew our efforts to send the perpetrators to a very special part of Hell reseved for those who deliberately target innocents.

TR