PDA

View Full Version : Helo Crash Part 2.

QRQ 30
07-03-2005, 09:58
I just heard on CNN that one of the SF RT members has been picked up. E&E is an important part of SF training and I am confident that most if not all will walk out of this mess. :lifter

My prayers are for the.

Don't expect many details of who or what. The media has already said too much!!

I am trying to start a new thread since this is about our own and not a Helo Crash.

Radar Rider
07-03-2005, 10:31
That's good news! I'm praying for the successful recovery of the rest of the Team.

QRQ 30
07-03-2005, 10:34
All of the missing recon team has been recovered alive and uninjured. This just came in over the ticker tape. There is good news sometime, just not often enough.
:lifter :lifter :lifter

NousDefionsDoc
07-03-2005, 11:17
Can't find anything on the net except on the one guy...

QRQ 30
07-03-2005, 11:40
Can't find anything on the net except on the one guy...

My source is pretty reliable. He got it off of the ticker tape.

When I waqs in Germany we used to tune the RTT to the news wires. We picked up news before it was published and a lot that was nrver published.

NousDefionsDoc
07-03-2005, 11:43
Understood.

QRQ 30
07-03-2005, 11:52
That last message about remaining recon people being alive and well in US hands may have been premature. The message I read has now been corrected to its' original content of "1 of 4 recond members rescued". Sorry for the misinformation, I guess I just wanted the message to be authentic. Xin Loi. :o

NousDefionsDoc
07-03-2005, 11:53
No Problem Brother. Hopefully it will indeed turn out to be true.

Smokin Joe
07-03-2005, 12:51
Great news....hopefully the others will show up shortly.

Six day E&E. DAMN!!! :lifter

brewmonkey
07-03-2005, 13:27
Proof that training like you fight pays off. We will continue to pray for the safe return of the rest of the team as well.

brewmonkey
07-03-2005, 13:28
Great news....hopefully the others will show up shortly.

Six day E&E. DAMN!!! :lifter

And in that terrain and weather.

QRQ 30
07-03-2005, 13:50
The part I’m not sure of is who they were. I hear SF and SOF used in the same breath referring to the same people. Not that it can’t happen, but I am a little confused by reports that SEALS were sent on the reinforcement. Why wouldn’t we have used our own people if they were in fact USSF. Of course if I were briefing the media I would lie like hell and say all of the men are out and safe. I might even give out pictures so the bad guys would call off the dogs.

P.S. I have a report that this was a 4 man SEAL RT. That makes more sense. I'm still pulling for them, thry are part of the family!! :lifter

QRQ 30
07-03-2005, 13:52
And in that terrain and weather.

In Vietnam I learned to embrace the jungle as my friend, providing concealment. I am sure AM and BMT and the others did too. I am quite sure the troops in Afghanistan have embraced the terrain there. It is your friend if you understand it.

Radar Rider
07-03-2005, 19:03
thry are part of the family!!

We are all part of the family. I pray that all come back safely.

lksteve
07-03-2005, 19:04
here's hoping for prescience rather than prematurity...SF, SOF, they are all part of us, the way i see it...

NousDefionsDoc
07-03-2005, 20:48
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161464,00.html

Terry, looks like your source might by GTG

Bill Harsey
07-04-2005, 07:22
4th of July morning,
FOX is reporting breaking news of another man being located but not yet recovered.

QRQ 30
07-04-2005, 07:33
I still have confidence they will come out.

There is a prime reason that SOF training goes to such lengths to identify and weed out potential quiters. The principle is simple: "In combat, if you quit you die!!" These guys are not quiters. They probably split up making it easier for individuals to remain concealed and evade capture. :lifter

Eagle5US
07-04-2005, 11:54
Oddity I am seeing with this:

The reports are stating MAJ Stephen Reich as the first Soldier recovered and that he is being evaluated in Landstuhl Germany; yet all the acompanying photos show "MAJ Stephen Reich's widow being consoled". Same captions yesterday on different photos.
Am I missing something here??? :confused:
I thought he was still alive...

These guys need new wheelbarrows for their nads, and an appointment to SERE committee

Eagle

The Reaper
07-04-2005, 12:11
Oddity I am seeing with this:

The reports are stating MAJ Stephen Reich as the first Soldier recovered and that he is being evaluated in Landstuhl Germany; yet all the acompanying photos show "MAJ Stephen Reich's widow being consoled". Same captions yesterday on different photos.
Am I missing something here??? :confused:
I thought he was still alive...

These guys need new wheelbarrows for their nads, and an appointment to SERE committee

Eagle

MAJ Reich was from 160th and is dead from the crash. His body was recovered last week.

The recovered SEAL's name has not yet been released but he is reputedly recovering in Landstuhl.

HTH.

TR

Eagle5US
07-04-2005, 14:33
Well Damn :(

Thanks for the clarification TR...

Eagle

The Reaper
07-04-2005, 21:32
It just got worse. One still missing.

RIP, Gents.

TR

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161527,00.html

U.S. Confirms Two Missing SEALS Found Dead
Monday, July 04, 2005

WASHINGTON — Two Navy SEALS (search) missing in Afghanistan have been found dead, a senior U.S. defense official said Monday night.

Another SEAL was rescued on Saturday and the fate of a fourth SEAL was unknown.

The official who confirmed the recovery of the two bodies spoke on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing effort to account for the missing U.S. servicemen in Afghanistan (search).

The team was reported missing last Tuesday in Kunar province. A rescue effort the same day ended in tragedy when the transport helicopter seeking to extract the team was shot down, killing 16 troops aboard.

The serviceman rescued on Saturday had taken shelter in an Afghan village elder's home in the province before American forces were notified of his location and picked him up, Kunar provincial Gov. Asadullah Wafa (search) said.

A purported Taliban spokesman, Mullah Latif Hakimi, claimed last week that militants had captured one team member. He said the "high-ranking American" was caught in the area where the helicopter went down.

Hakimi, who also claimed insurgents shot down the helicopter, often calls news organizations to take responsibility for attacks, and the information frequently proves exaggerated or untrue. His exact tie to the Taliban leadership is unclear.

U.S. officials said they had no evidence indicating any service members had been taken into captivity.

The Navy SEAL rescued from Kunar province was being evaluated Monday, officials said. He was in stable condition and receiving medical treatment at the main U.S. base at Bagram (search).