PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

Valhal
02-27-2004, 09:51
I got an Arthogram/MRI done on my shoulder yesterday. The diagnosis is that I have a slap tear. The doctor says I need an operation and it will take 4 months to recuperate. The problem is I am schedules to start OCS. The Doc says that I could do irreperable damage if I go before an operation. I have been working hard for this opportunity, this is like a kick in the ball sack. I am serioulsy considering going anyways. Any thoughts?

Guy
02-27-2004, 09:55
Post this in the medical forum.

Eagle5US
02-27-2004, 10:28
I'll get back to you on this this afternoon...short line-get the surgery, reschedule OCS. Throwing a ball with your grandkids (and delaying your commission date by less than a year) will be well worth it when OCS is just a memory.

Eagle

Valhal
02-27-2004, 10:29
I wasn't asking medical advice, the sticky at the top of general medical discourages it. I am asking soldier to soldier what would you do if this was perhaps a last chance opportunity to go to OCS. Another part to this story is that the rumor mill around here is buzzing pretty loud. If we're going to the show I want to go as an Lt.
As you can imagine I am pretty down and out.
Mark

Eagle5US
02-27-2004, 10:36
My priorities are listed in my response to you. If yours are different, then so be it.
Anytime anyone asks about a medical condition, it is medical advice.
I wouldn't tell someone else to do something I wouldn't do my self, so it is also personal advice.
I have been active duty for (now) 20 years, so it is also soldier advice.
Put that all together...it is my personal, soldier, medical advice to your question.
You don't have to take it.

Eagle

Valhal
02-27-2004, 10:54
Eagle5US, I didn't see your first post until after I submitted my reply. It was by no means directed at your post. I respect your advice. I was merely stating that I was trying to respect the rules of this forum by not asking medical advice and that is why I posted in the other forum. No disrespect was intended and any medical advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Valhal
03-02-2004, 16:02
I'm going under the knife tomarrow, hopefully I will be healed up and still make OCS. We got a Raging Bull alert, we'll be going to Iraq by years end. If I don't make it to OCS then I will be the most hard charging E5 over there.
Keep me in your prayers.
Mark

Eagle5US
03-02-2004, 18:57
Good luck, Good Choice...let us know how things turn out!

Eagle