PDA

View Full Version : SOG Emulators

QRQ 30
06-29-2005, 07:02
Folks: I thought I'd share this with you. If you want to know what the letter says you'll have to complete language training. :D Follow the link. This is a group of emulators of SOG. In particular RT Delaware (mine) and RT Maryland which John Walten was on IIRC.

These people rerally get into the program and have been in touch with me for over a year. The pictures on their web site make you wonder if they are just "playing" or if they are off-spring of people we worked with in the past. The 10th was active while in Germany. :lifter

BTW Gene Williams was my 1-1 and became 1-0 of Delaware when I moved to FOB-2.

Nazdar veliteli Terry

spojení na vás jsem dostal od Gene Wiliamse. Jsem z české republiky a vedu oddíl kluků. dali jsme si jméno RT Delaware. naší činností je příprava na přežití v přírodě ve všech podmínkách, pokračujeme v tradici skautingu a průzkumné týmy ve Vietnamu byly a jsou náš velký vzor, proto jsme zvolili jméno Delaware. spolupracujeme ještě s RT Maryland. Naše stránky http://macv-sog.wz.cz/ snad jsi rozuměl co jsem psal, píči česky, neboť jsem se dočetl, že jsi se učil česky. v případě potřeby dopis přeložím. s pozdravem

Cpt. Biber (Jiri Kropacek)

QRQ 30
06-29-2005, 07:23
New York and California may get all of the press but these people recognize true greatness. :D :p

lksteve
06-29-2005, 07:34
looks like Czech...

QRQ 30
06-29-2005, 08:42
looks like Czech...

Ano Je.
My keyboard isn't set up for czech but you are right.

lksteve
06-29-2005, 09:49
My keyboard isn't set up for czech but you are right.Dobre den...i used to (not) know Czech...weekly language "refresher" in a language you've never learned...ah, yes...the "good" old days...

QRQ 30
06-29-2005, 10:04
The final test (not the ALPT) we took in Germany was the most realistic I have taken. None of that academic crap. Individually, we were brought before a total stranger (not an instructor). We were given a scenario and had to convey the info. The only thing forbidden was english. We could use sign language or anything else to get the idea across. Mine was that I was making initial contact with the G-chief and had to introduce myself and explain who I was, what I was and how I could help the G's. He asked a series of questions relative to the scenario.

It was a pass or fail test. :lifter

I sometimes fear that people get so wrapped up in grammar and such that they forget that the idea is to communicate. Think how you would feel if you had a 1st grade education and some college dude came to you with the King's English and a whole bunch of crap you never heard before.