PDA

View Full Version : Aid bags/Medical Packs.

haztacmedic
06-23-2005, 08:12
Can anyone tell me what the current aidbag/medical pack of choice is amongst SF lately? Im wondering if there is a certain pack that is common to SF or if there are a number of pack/bags available.

In my civilian job we have two LB "pararescue" packs for our tactical medics and they work well for us.

NousDefionsDoc
06-25-2005, 00:04
There is no favorite, it's an individual thing.

haztacmedic
06-25-2005, 15:58
Thanks NDD, Its much the same with civilian EMS. Ask 10 paramedics what they prefer to use and you'll get 10 different answers. What do you prefer to carry if you dont mind my asking?

NousDefionsDoc
06-25-2005, 18:26
Right now I'm using a RAID w/ a Paraclete Quad-fold and a TT Med pouches a TT FRB. But I don't have to hump it far, I'm not on AD anymore and I'm an old man. :)

52bravo
06-27-2005, 13:03
stomp 2, but not SF. i also have a eagel on know type.

justanotherdude
12-15-2005, 13:04
Not SF. Carry 2 STOMP 2's. 1 is the "assault bag", lightweight and small. The other is loaded to the gills, it stays in the truck. Same exact supplies to treat the same trauma, just reduced qty's in the assault bag. FWIW, I also carry a CUF leg rig. I have used an M5, the original STOMP, and MOLLE 2 aidbag, these are all small and good enough as an "assault" bag. I wouldn't carry them if I didn't A) have a larger aidbag to back it up readily available (or just a ruck full of med supplies, you'd be suprised what you can do with an ALICE large) or B) didn't utilize IFAK's and CLS bags as part of a complete system.

I have a SKEDpack 1 medical ruck, I use that for training/coverage here since I throw big stuff like a o2 canister, mask, BVM, handsuction in. When I get back I'm going to use this instead of a ruck, with a small "assault" aidbag attached to the outside. Thanks to the board the CMP black ops is looking hot.

Dan

The Reaper
12-15-2005, 13:12
Not SF. Carry 2 STOMP 2's. 1 is the "assault bag", lightweight and small. The other is loaded to the gills, it stays in the truck. Same exact supplies to treat the same trauma, just reduced qty's in the assault bag. FWIW, I also carry a CUF leg rig. I have used an M5, the original STOMP, and MOLLE 2 aidbag, these are all small and good enough as an "assault" bag. I wouldn't carry them if I didn't A) have a larger aidbag to back it up readily available (or just a ruck full of med supplies, you'd be suprised what you can do with an ALICE large) or B) didn't utilize IFAK's and CLS bags as part of a complete system.

I have a SKEDpack 1 medical ruck, I use that for training/coverage here since I throw big stuff like a o2 canister, mask, BVM, handsuction in. When I get back I'm going to use this instead of a ruck, with a small "assault" aidbag attached to the outside. Thanks to the board the CMP black ops is looking hot.

Dan

Dan:

Please read all of the stickies and intros, fill in your profile, and introduce yourself in the proper place before posting again.

This is our house and we like to know who we are listening to.

TR

justanotherdude
12-16-2005, 06:37
Dan:

Please read all of the stickies and intros, fill in your profile, and introduce yourself in the proper place before posting again.

This is our house and we like to know who we are listening to.

TR

Yup. Yup. Sure 'nough.