PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Food and Drink

Roguish Lawyer
06-20-2005, 00:04
So, any special meals or anything you want to disclose?

I had Popeye's Chicken and Red Beans & Rice with Pappy Van Winkle's 20-y/o bourbon. :D

Roguish Lawyer
06-20-2005, 13:22
No takers? :confused:

lksteve
06-20-2005, 13:43
No takers?i'm allergic to tomatoes...some well meaning soul gave us a dish with the tomatoes discreetly hidden...now, i have blisters in my mouth that have persisted for a week...i have an appointment to see an oral surgeon day after tomorrow...so my Father's Day feastsing was somewhat limited this year... :mad:

Sacamuelas
06-20-2005, 14:00
Not to hijack RL's thread, but why are you going to see an OMS for tomorrow? Did you get referred?

If it's an known allergic reaction, there is not much he can do for the lesions and the diagnosis doesn't need to be confirmed. Save the money on the appmt. and get your regular dentist to call a Rx for some Mabex solution to rinse with while you heal. They can chemical cauterize (ouch), place protective clear coatings ( which you can buy OTC now and apply yourself) :rolleyes: , or just pat you on the back.

FWIW, Mabex is a solution made in the pharmacy:

2% viscous lidocaine
liquid benadryl
Maalox liquid

Rinse and swish for 20 seconds and spit as needed. It will numb the area while you eat, brush, and heal.

lksteve
06-20-2005, 14:09
Not to hijack RL's thread, but why are you going to see an OMS for tomorrow? Did you get referred?PM inbound...yes, i was referred...

Sacamuelas
06-20-2005, 14:26

I had Popeye's Chicken and Red Beans & Rice with Pappy Van Winkle's 20-y/o bourbon. :D
Back on topic...

I had BBQ chicken breasts cooked on my grill, lima beans, and diet coke.
No fancy bourbon for me. :(

Polar Bear
06-20-2005, 17:33

I had cold fried chicken (which I asked for) and went to yard sales looking for Tonka Trucks to rebuild.

brewmonkey
06-21-2005, 12:33
I had some steaks which I marinated in some Boulevard Dry Stout (http://www.blvdbeer.com) which I prepped with a bit of canola oil, some cracked pepper, a dash of salt and some Spike. I let them marinate for a few hours in the fridge and they came out kick ass IMHO. It's a touchy thing though because the pH of beer is low, around 4ish depending on the beer and sometimes into the 3's, but with the oil it should buffer it some. Too long in the beer and you could have a piece of mush but not enough time and you won't get that flavor you are looking for.

I also did some veggies in my cast iron skillet (on the grill). For the veggies I used some yellow squash, zucchinni & vidalia onions with a bit of canola oil and spike and then 2 limes cut in half and thrown in (but not squeezed).

I also put some Hickory chips in the new cast iron smoker box and threw it down on the rocks.

Roguish Lawyer
06-21-2005, 12:39
I also put some Hickory chips in the new cast iron smoker box and threw it down on the rocks.

I threw my smoker box in the trash about 6 weeks after buying it. I just didn;t think it was adding much and it was a pain to use in my grill.

12B4S
06-24-2005, 03:15
Back on topic...

I had BBQ chicken breasts cooked on my grill, lima beans, and diet coke.
No fancy bourbon for me. :(

Damn Saca! You like Lima beans? Where were you when I was eating that wonderful C-Ration delicacy....... Ham and MoFo's?? Was difficult to find anybody to trade with. :D

brewmonkey
06-26-2005, 09:49
The only thing lims beans are good for is a second grade science experiment. Other then that bleeeech... I would rather eat dirt out of a dead monkeys ass then eat lima beans.