PDA

View Full Version : Wild Wings

Pete
06-08-2005, 11:58
The weather around here is starting to get steamy. Time for a trip down to Buffalo Wild Wings on Skibo for a basket of "Wild" wings and about three tall cold ones. See ya' there.

Pete

Roguish Lawyer
06-08-2005, 12:10
The weather around here is starting to get steamy. Time for a trip down to Buffalo Wild Wings on Skibo for a basket of "Wild" wings and about three tall cold ones. See ya' there.

Pete

Sounds great! Can't make it today, but for those who want to go:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=2097%20Skibo%20Rd%2e&city=Fayetteville&state=NC&zoom=8

http://www.buffalowildwings.com/menu/index.asp

;)

vsvo
06-08-2005, 12:23
Wow, that sounds great. Have a great time Pete!

I've never been to this restaurant. Next time I'm in Fredericksburg or Richmond I'll have to check it out.

Squidly
06-08-2005, 15:29
That does sound good. I live in a dry county so there won't be any barley pop though. I think Arkansas is where they cinch up the bible belt.

Pete
06-08-2005, 16:38
That does sound good.

Killians was on special tonight. We just about have the bar maids trained. They see our crowd come in the door and they're pouring big glasses of "The Special" as we're walking to the table. Sit down, hold your hand out and a frosty glass of brew slips into it. A long pull from the glass and its time to order Hot wings.

Never did like GO # 1 and that suckers been around for years.

Pete

Squidly
06-09-2005, 06:49
I stopped by the supermarket, picked up a box of frozen TGIF Hot Wings, popped them in the oven when I got home, and got a Newcastles from the 'fridge. Plopped my butt on the couch to wait for the wings to finish. Wife came in from the gym and turned on the TV. "Days of Our Lives". Retreated to a kitchen barstool and ate the wings. Cleaned golf clubs then got out the spinning reels for same.

Some how I don't think my evening was as enjoyable as yours ;)

SP5IC
06-10-2005, 15:14
Cavallo's in New Hartford, NY. Betcha can't handle the really hot ones. The Buffalo Wings thing is all over central Virginia. Since hot wings were originally conceived in Buffalo, NY, what was the name of the bar that claims to have invented them? No fair doing Google.

Squidly
06-13-2005, 06:01
Can't remember the name of the place although I've seen it a few times on the tube (Food Channel). Made a business trip with my old boss one time where we ate dinner at a Hooters in Atlanta. He had 2 orders of the "Nuke" wings for an appetizer. Ate all of them except the one I tried. I couldn't get it down without alot of wing wash. The medium hot is enough for me. Still needed plenty of wing wash.

brewmonkey
06-13-2005, 06:39
Cavallo's in New Hartford, NY. Betcha can't handle the really hot ones. The Buffalo Wings thing is all over central Virginia. Since hot wings were originally conceived in Buffalo, NY, what was the name of the bar that claims to have invented them? No fair doing Google.

That would be the Anchor Bar and their recipe is the best one of them all. It is also a simple recipe to make at home, or a close knockoff I should say.

brewmonkey
06-13-2005, 06:46
If you are looking for a good beer for eating spicy food then I suggest a hoppy beer. Something like a Pilsner, and not a Miller Lite either. Check to see what they are carrying from their local breweries and if they do not have a Pils then IPA's would also be a good accompaniment for hot wings.

Gypsy
06-13-2005, 12:14
That would be the Anchor Bar and their recipe is the best one of them all. It is also a simple recipe to make at home, or a close knockoff I should say.

:munchin

And...?

brewmonkey
06-14-2005, 08:22
:munchin

And...?

The recipe? Buy a bottle of Franks Red Hot Sauce and read the back... :lifter

QRQ 30
06-14-2005, 08:40
1. Deep Fry wings.
2. Pour sauce into a large bowl and throw in the wings and coat them.
3. Sauce is also very simple: a pound of melted butter and Texas Pete Hot Sauce added to taste.

Gypsy
06-14-2005, 19:12
The recipe? Buy a bottle of Franks Red Hot Sauce and read the back... :lifter

:p

Thanks! And thanks to you too QRQ 30.

Pete
06-28-2005, 16:24
Another Tuesday night at Wing Wings and all I can say is what has become of America's Finest?

I'm sitting at a table with my usual crowd and we look around. A number of tables are filled with 2-3 male GIs, all having a good time.

As the time passes I notice a group of fine young ladies enter, 5 in all. By their look and actions, young she-male GIs all. Some order beer, the others softer stuff. They come to the pool table and play a few rounds. I look around and none of the guys throw up some quarters to challenge the table. None move to the pool table. In fact the guys just sit and talk with each. After a while the she-males return to their table to continue eating and drinking. Still no action from the guys. Oh, well.

This is after the post about a soldier's first pass. He's on the internet while his girl taps her foot. Man, have times changed.

Pete

Razor
06-28-2005, 17:03
I'm guessing that like you, the boys also noticed that the ladies were more than likely GIs, and decided the potential for very unfavorable administrative action far outweighed the potential to build constructive rapport.

The Reaper
06-28-2005, 17:06
AKA, the Anti-Fraternization and Sexual Harrassment policies.

TR

Pete
06-28-2005, 17:51
I'm guessing that like you, the boys also noticed that the ladies were more than likely GIs, and decided the potential for very unfavorable administrative action far outweighed the potential to build constructive rapport.

Young soldiers of today, including 18Xs, should use every chance they get to work on building "Constuctive Rapport". You never know when you'll need a contact up at the MP headshed, a motor pool that has the part you need, Finance, or any other place that the female soldier of todays Army works.

When the system erects a brick wall it's nice to pick up the phone and say "Hey Monica, I need a favor. Can you.....?"

The young soldier of today should use every off duty chance they get to hone thier skills.

And by the way, the floor maids seem to have a better time around our table, what gives?

Pete

DanUCSB
06-28-2005, 18:12
While we're talking about wings....

I have a recipe for hot wings that isn't exactly traditional (in the sense that you cook your wings, dip 'em in sauce, all that), but I like quite a bit. Simple, too, and a good change of pace if you like hot wings.

Take a big sealable container, tupperware or the like. Buy a bunch of wings (I prefer whole wings to drumettes), a big can of whole jalapenos from the bulk food aisle, and a couple bottles of your favorite hot sauce (I prefer Tapatio, my favorite cheap hot sauce). Put the wings in the container, pour in the whole can of jalapenos, juice and all. Toss in the Tapatio, mix it up, let it marinate for as long as you can stand (I seem to have an asbestos tongue, so I let it go for days). Fish your wings out, toss 'em on the grill, and drizzle some of the jalapeno juice/hot sauce on them as they cook. When they just start to blacken they're done.

Don't forget to toss some of the whole jalapenos on the grill for a kicker. If you've done it right, the jalapenos are cooler in the mouth than the wings. :lifter

AngelsSix
07-04-2005, 20:36
:D Come visit Pope AFB, we cops like to see the Army come through..........means they are leaving!! :D