PDA

View Full Version : My inventory ....

bberkley
06-05-2005, 15:01
The pic that I promised from the thread on AR-15's.

The M4gery is what used to be my Bushmaster XM15-E2S post-ban 20" HBAR. I built the upper using an EGW A3 flattop, DPMS 16" M4 profile barrel, Yankee Hill Machine Specter-length quad rail forearm with low-profile gas block, end cap, and Phantom 5C1 flash suppressor. The lower is from the Bushmaster, and I put a Magpul M93B stock on it, and a Falcon ambidextrous ERGO grip on it. It already had a JP Rifles fire control system in it with the speed hammer and anti-walk pins. I topped it off with a Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T.

The HK USP Compact I just picked up yesterday. The Glock 34 and the STI are my competition handguns.

Detonics
06-09-2005, 22:36
Nice machinery bb! Particularly interested in how you like the 34. Done any group size study at 25 yards? The STI is a sweet machine too. I'm not any kind of expert on on the M4-M15's. For battle rifles I'm sold on H & K. My son thinks the world of the M4 Uncle Sam gave him though!

jatx
06-09-2005, 22:58
How do you like the STI? I have been considering the VIP for concealed carry, but have been wondering about the mags and the durability of the synthetic lower. Do the mags function out of the box or do you need to get them tuned?

bberkley
06-10-2005, 07:41
Nice machinery bb! Particularly interested in how you like the 34. Done any group size study at 25 yards? The STI is a sweet machine too. I'm not any kind of expert on on the M4-M15's. For battle rifles I'm sold on H & K. My son thinks the world of the M4 Uncle Sam gave him though!

I love my Glock 34, its been very accurate for me for what it is. I don't hardly ever try and shoot groups at 25 yards from a bench or anything like that. I didn't have any problems keeping them inside an 8" circle at 25 yards at a GSSF Match I went to last weekend.

I shoot hardcast lead 145gr handloads out of mine with a 15# recoil spring, and a full-length tungsten guide rod. I've also added a Cominolli trigger (factory part with pivot pin relocation) to it, and a set of Dawson Precision adjustable sights.

IMHO, the Glock 34/35 are the best handguns that Glock produces.

The STI takes some getting used to after shooting a Glock for several years, but its coming along. :D

bberkley
06-10-2005, 07:47
How do you like the STI? I have been considering the VIP for concealed carry, but have been wondering about the mags and the durability of the synthetic lower. Do the mags function out of the box or do you need to get them tuned?

My STI was built from scratch. The mags I had assembled from new tubes, and Beven Grams at www.gramsengineering.com built the mags after tuning, polishing, etc. Once I got the slide lock fitted for the aggressive follower, there was no problem with the reliability of my mags, but then again, I'm just playing USPSA with it.

The lower is pretty durable from what I can tell. Its not like all the USPSA gamers out there are replacing their grip every year or more frequently. They cost a little much to be doing that.

I bought the HK for concealed carry.