PDA

View Full Version : Syncronicity?

Kyobanim
05-29-2005, 11:52
Here's one that threw me for a loop. . .

Yesterday we were at my wife's family reunion in Bradenton. Our nephew is graduating college next year and was considering joining the Army. Lot's of people were trying to discourage him, blah, blah, blah. I thought it was funny that my wife wasn't joining in. She's never givin me any indication that she approved of military service and was upset when my son chose to do so. Out of the blue she says, "When I was 12 my friends and I were riding our bikes and we cut out in the road and cut a guy off. The guy jumped out of his car and threw my bike off the bridge and into the canal. We couldn't get it out so we stopped a guy in a van driving by. He got out and jumped in the canal and got my bike out. His uniform was soaked but he didn't mind. I didn't get wet so the stepdad didn't get to punish me. People in the army help people. You should do it."

::Jump into my memory::

I just left the recruiters office, on my way to my old high school to try to get some enlistees, doing the hometown recruiter gig. in Orlando I'm all spiffed up in my kakies, bloused boots, etc. Taking the backroad to the school I came up on a bridge with a bunch of kids jumping up and down waving their hands. I stopped and listened, put the van in park and got out. I jumped in the canal and got a bike out, got in the van and left. Never thought about it again.

8 years later . . . I'm in a band, playing a gig in Colorado Springs and in walks this drop dead gorgious woman. Turns out she used to live in Orlando. Over the next couple of years we hook up and now we're living in Orlando again.

We've been together for 20 years and I've never thought about, let alone heard the story about how I pulled her bike out of the canal. It floored us both as we compaired memories of that day.

That was a trip.

magician
05-29-2005, 13:23
brother.....you have GOT to be kidding!

:)

Razor
05-29-2005, 13:50
Cradle-robber. ;)

The Reaper
05-29-2005, 14:00
Kismet.

TR

lksteve
05-29-2005, 14:13
We've been together for 20 years...no good deed goes unpunished... :D

pulque
05-29-2005, 14:29
Thats got to feel good :) thanks for sharing

Kyobanim
05-29-2005, 14:59
brother.....you have GOT to be kidding!

:)

You ought to see it from where I'm sitting.

I shold probably check my lottery numbers.

Radar Rider
05-29-2005, 19:14
That is AWESOME. Thanks for sharing. :)

Gypsy
05-29-2005, 20:40
You were meant to be... That's an awesome story.

Pandora
05-29-2005, 21:33
Shivers. Strange karma.

Really nice you still call her "gorgeous" - you'd pull her bike out of the canal again?

Kyobanim
05-30-2005, 05:03
There might be a slight fee :cool:

hoepoe
05-30-2005, 05:29
Amazing story, thanks for sharing.

Unbelievable! Wow. talk about destiny, fate etc.

Hoepoe

lrd
05-30-2005, 05:43
That is so cool. :)

Sigi
05-30-2005, 07:32
Say what? :eek:

Amazing!

jatx
05-30-2005, 08:11
That's a really neat story, Kyo. What was her reaction like when you finally put 2+2 together?

Goggles Pizano
05-30-2005, 08:45
WOW! Somebody upstairs had a plan.

Team Sergeant
05-30-2005, 08:50
You do realize the longer this thread stays in public view the better the chances Jerry Springer will be calling you......... :cool:

Kyobanim
05-30-2005, 09:11
What was her reaction like when you finally put 2+2 together? She's having a hard time believing it even though we can put together details.

You do realize the longer this thread stays in public view the better the chances Jerry Springer will be calling you......... I thought about that this morning. Him and his ilk can fook off, I shared this with my friends. Though I might move later.

C0B2A
05-30-2005, 13:35
thats insian... Truly an awsome story

Roguish Lawyer
05-30-2005, 13:52
You sure you didn't pull someone else's bike out? :munchin

Peregrino
05-30-2005, 14:37
no good deed goes unpunished... :D

I second that!

The Reaper
05-30-2005, 14:58
thats insian... Truly an awsome story

C0B2A, three misspelled words in six is a bit much, don't you think?

Your lesson plans will be very interesting, to say the least.

Let me guess, you are on the 18B track, correct?

TR

vsvo
05-31-2005, 13:23
Wow, amazing story!

Weazle23
05-31-2005, 17:21
Kyo, awesome story.

C0B2A, three misspelled words in six is a bit much, don't you think?

Your lesson plans will be very interesting, to say the least.

Let me guess, you are on the 18B track, correct?

TR

Not to mention his signature is a horrible misquote of the Holy Bible from a movie.

Roguish Lawyer
05-31-2005, 17:53
Kyo, awesome story.

Not to mention his signature is a horrible misquote of the Holy Bible from a movie.

And not quoted accurately from the movie either.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the Valley of Darkness; for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

Sacamuelas
05-31-2005, 20:34
WTF????

TEAM SERGEANT!!!!! What is happening around here? We have NDD starting threads about a palm z1000 geekinator pocket timer with matching pocket protector optionand now this.... RL is fookin' quoting scripture and correcting people's bible passages!!!

FRONTSIGHT, PLEASE come back. I need you to get everyone back on track making sexual innuendos and comedic quips about unintended statements you make about vibrating machinery and injection molding in your garage. I can't take this new twist on the site. What's next???? Some crazy youngster having the nerve to argue with Colonel Jack about.... well.... ANYTHING! :eek:

LOL :D

lksteve
05-31-2005, 20:40
FRONTSIGHT, PLEASE come back. dayum, doc...she's back...you just aren't hanging around in the right threads...

Sacamuelas
05-31-2005, 20:45
I was just doing a little recon by fire Lksteve.... :D