PDA

View Full Version : First Post (introduction)

Marauder06
05-28-2005, 12:46
Greetings. I was referred to this board by members of another Special Operations-related site. I like what I see here, too, and would like to be accepted as a member.

As this is my first post, I provide the following introduction IAW the Rules of the board (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68):

I was commissioned into the Infantry ten years ago under the branch detail program, and am now MI. I have previously served in the 101st, 2ID, and 5th Group. I was an platoon leader in the 101st, and a company commander in 2ID and 5th Group. I am still on active duty.

I think that's everything that's pertinent. If verification of my bona fides are necessary. please pm me. Alternately, I think there are enough people who are already members of this board who can vouch for me based on my activity from the other site.

Thanks and have an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

mara

Ambush Master
05-28-2005, 12:49
Welcome aboard !!! Another 5th Grouper is ALWAYS welcome !!

Martin

NousDefionsDoc
05-28-2005, 12:55
Welcome Sir.

I am still on active duty.
It's not too late then, apply for assignment to 7th Group ASAP!

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-28-2005, 13:00
Welcome aboard.

Team Sergeant
05-28-2005, 13:03
Welcome aboard!

(forget what NousDefionsDoc said!)

Team Sergeant

(Former ODA-514 member.....)

NousDefionsDoc
05-28-2005, 13:06
LOL :lifter

Marauder06
05-28-2005, 13:08
Welcome Sir.

LOL

5th's current commander, COL H.P., is a former 7th Grouper. He has always had nothing but good things to say about his time there.

Thanks for the welcome, gentlemen.

mffjm8509
05-28-2005, 13:17

He said he was still on ACTIVE duty! :munchin

mp

NousDefionsDoc
05-28-2005, 13:21
He said he was still on ACTIVE duty! :munchin

mp
Hey! :p

How soon we forget. Wasn't too long ago we were the only ones with a real world. And I noticed we had to send a Batt over to unfu...help. I don't remember ever asking for help from any of the others in the 80s. :)

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-28-2005, 13:29
Hey! :p

How soon we forget. Wasn't too long ago we were the only ones with a real world. And I noticed we had to send a Batt over to unfu...help. I don't remember ever asking for help from any of the others in the 80s. :)

Con su permiso, that's only because none of us could/would measure up to Ivan Ivanoff's standards for haircuts and shined boots :D

NousDefionsDoc
05-28-2005, 13:31
OUCH! Invoking the Ivan clause so soon Sir? I thought I had at least 2 more posts. :boohoo

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-28-2005, 13:38
OUCH! Invoking the Ivan clause so soon Sir? I thought I had at least 2 more posts. :boohoo

Don't take it personally, no one can pick their parents or their chain of command and it has nothing to do with how well you, and you all certainly did, all performed dispite, shall we say, command impediment err, guidance.

Jack Moroney

hoepoe
05-28-2005, 13:38
Hi mara

Good to see you here.

Hoepoe

Marauder06
05-28-2005, 14:52
Thanks Hoepoe.

The Reaper
05-28-2005, 16:08
LOL

5th's current commander, COL H.P., is a former 7th Grouper. He has always had nothing but good things to say about his time there.

Thanks for the welcome, gentlemen.

Yeah, even though he commanded a Battalion in 1st Group, he will always be one of us. :D

HP is a very good friend of some of us here. Great American!

TR

Marauder06
05-28-2005, 18:13
I won't flatter myself to say that H.P. and I are friends, but he and his wife E. have been extremely good to my wife and me. For those that are interested, he changes command next week.

Peregrino
05-28-2005, 19:25
I won't flatter myself to say that H.P. and I are friends, but he and his wife E. have been extremely good to my wife and me. For those that are interested, he changes command next week.

I was privileged to be his Det Tech in 3/7. They are great people. We are coming up to attend his Change of Command and wish him well in his next assignments. As for you - welcome aboard! Peregrino

QRQ 30
05-28-2005, 21:14
Welcome. Where have I seen that handle before?

Col. J.M. did you ever get ahold of the man about Mang Buk?

lksteve
05-28-2005, 21:21
Yeah, even though he commanded a Battalion in 1st Group, he will always be one of us.

quothe Hoyt Axton:
"Someone should call his parents,
a sister or a brother,
And they'll come and to take him back home on a bus;
but he'll always be a problem
to his poor and puzzled mother,
and he'll always be another one of us..."

Marauder06
05-28-2005, 22:11
I was privileged to be his Det Tech in 3/7. They are great people. We are coming up to attend his Change of Command and wish him well in his next assignments. As for you - welcome aboard! Peregrino

Great! Maybe I'll see you there. (I'll be wearing the red beret ;) )

Gypsy
05-28-2005, 23:32
Welcome mara, good to see you here.

Sdiver
05-29-2005, 00:30
Glad to see ya finally made it over here....sir.

Your post count, over here, is a little more secure, than as it is on the other board. :D

CPTAUSRET
06-19-2005, 09:10
Mara:

Welcome aboard, you will find lots of good people here.

Terry

magician
06-19-2005, 14:54
heh.

welcome.

everytime that I see Ivan's name, I think about the time that IMUA stole....er, liberated....Ivan's gloves.

they were definitely oppressed, and in need of liberating.

the funniest part was, IMUA wore them to those ass hat "inspections" that Ivan would have, where everyone had to wear field jackets.

Ivan noticed them, of course, and complimented IMUA on them. He told him that he used to have a pair just like them, while everyone in the ranks tried not to bust a gut.

:)