PDA

View Full Version : Looking for volunteers to join 19th SFG in California

18C4V
02-24-2004, 12:20
Our unit is looking for volunteers E-4 to E-6 for NG SF in California. My company has two locations: Northern California and Southern California.

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/sf/Pages/default.aspx

Valhal
02-24-2004, 15:28
Edited: No longer applicable

Chrisman
12-12-2004, 05:01
I sent you a email about volunteering. Any questions about me let me know.

Chris

Chrisman
12-14-2004, 03:31
I've looked at the packet. And see a couple problems besides my screename(I don't know how to change that). I won't be able to get a physical in time for 8 Jan, but I'm willing to do the SFRE to see where I stand. I'll be on leave but it sounds like good PT, lol. Also, do I mail the packet to you guys or should I fax or...Let me know. I wasn't looking at going back(April 02) to selection just yet but it sounds like a plan. I don't have orders yet to my next unit and if this doesn't work out I have another unit I've been eyeballing for years, now I meet the requirements. Almost out of here!!! Woohoo!

Have a good one, cheers

Chris

Shark Bait
12-14-2004, 15:53
I suggest you get in touch with Sandytroop. He's been looking for a home NG-SF. But he's an E-8. FYI, you would be a fool not to consider him. 18C with a couple of languages on his CV.

18C4V
12-14-2004, 23:01
Are you trying out for North or South? If North, email it back to me and I'll hand carry the packet. If South, call the SFC who's listed on the flyer for South and ask him.

I'm sure you know the deal, but make copies of your packet just in case.

guardguy
12-27-2004, 15:42
18C4V,

Are there any opportunities for OCS canidates who want to join SF?
How long is the training pipeline for officers?
18C4V, I have also read some of your posts about you being in law enforcement, is this correct?
Because, I also want to pursuing a career in law enforcement, and I was just wondering how your local agency handles your training and deployment committments?

Shark Bait
12-28-2004, 10:40
18C4V,

Are there any opportunities for OCS canidates who want to join SF?
How long is the training pipeline for officers?
18C4V, I have also read some of your posts about you being in law enforcement, is this correct?
Because, I also want to pursuing a career in law enforcement, and I was just wondering how your local agency handles your training and deployment committments?
Guardguy,

I retired from the Albuquerque Police Dept last December. I found that most agencies are supportive of Reserve/Guard personnel, for the most part. They can't screw with you too much, due to federal law.

Doc
12-28-2004, 11:44
18C4V is also a LEO BTW.

jatx
12-28-2004, 14:22
Guardguy,

Check the 20th Group forum for my questions on this topic - I received some very thoughtful answers. Also feel free to PM me if I can help out with any other info, we are on a similar path.

18C4V
12-29-2004, 01:10
Guardguy,
PM sent. Good luck

Robertson
01-11-2005, 08:41
Hello, I need help getting in contact with a SFC Jewel. He recruits for West Virginia University and the West Virginia area in general. If anyone can give me his cell phone number or a number in general for the office (the website link is down) I would appriciate it.

Thank you,

Robertson

Misipati Bird
01-15-2005, 12:57
Can you guarantee a HALO slot to an 18C SSG?
Would be looking for Northern CA

Thanks

18C4V
01-19-2005, 00:29
Can you guarantee a HALO slot to an 18C SSG?
Would be looking for Northern CA

Thanks

No,
The MFF team already has two 18C's. You might want to try another company.

Scorpion6
08-28-2005, 00:24
I emailed 18C4V at the posted email, but no response yet so i will try just posting here, just looking for all the info on joining 19th. I am currently looking at opportunities for the SoCal unit. Any help would be appreciative.

currently with 301st Psyop Co (ABN)
San Diego, CA

Guy
08-28-2005, 09:00
Scorpion6:

18C4V and I have been out training thus, causing a delay in answering your questions.

Are you looking at the unit in S.Cal (Los Alamitos)?

Take care.

Jgood
08-28-2005, 13:04
Missed tryouts in July do to rotation was wondering when the next tryouts would be for the unit in S.Cal (Los Alamitos). Have tried to contact unit with the number I had but no luck. Any Info would be great.

JG

Scorpion6
08-29-2005, 03:00
Roger that, i have a friend who is joining 19th group located in Seatle and he told me there was a team/detachment(not sure) located in SoCal and was just looking for contact info, and information for what would be needed to make the transfer from reserve to NG and if i need to interview with the unit when i get back, if there is even space available etc...

thanks for the help

18C4V
09-01-2005, 00:10
Scorpion6,
You got email.

Jgood,
PM me with a good email address and I'll hook you up.

Guy
10-24-2005, 18:19
If you come thru thinking "I can just do the minimum." Try it and watch what it gets you.

Take care.

Doc Diego
01-25-2006, 11:12
Where's the Northern Ca. unit based and what slots are open for 18D?::lifter

18C4V
01-25-2006, 22:11
Redwood City. The SGM's policy is that guys new to the company do some B-team time before they go to the teams.

82ndAA
04-10-2006, 03:16
18C4V,

I've sent you an e-mail.

The Reaper
04-10-2006, 08:09
18C4V,

I've sent you an e-mail.

You may want to do some reading here and post an introduction in the proper place before posting again.

TR

Tom Viktor
06-13-2006, 10:31
Hi,

I'm PO1 Lopez, currently serving in the navy and will be getting out in Oct 06, I've been looking into joining the 19th SFG in CA and would like to know what kind of tests I've have to pass during the tryouts. I've been doing PT and forced marches with 60lbs up to 18 miles. I've also been trying to learn some land navigation on my own just in case is on the tryout. I'll appreciated if any one can provide some advice/guidance. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tom Viktor

Kyobanim
06-13-2006, 11:49
Hi,

I'm PO1 Lopez, currently serving in the navy and will be getting out in Oct 06, I've been looking into joining the 19th SFG in CA and would like to know what kind of tests I've have to pass during the tryouts. I've been doing PT and forced marches with 60lbs up to 18 miles. I've also been trying to learn some land navigation on my own just in case is on the tryout. I'll appreciated if any one can provide some advice/guidance. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tom Viktor

Tom,

Your first post should be here. (http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9143)
The next thing you should do is read all the stickies. Then use the search button. Your questions have been covered in the past.

Geo
07-11-2006, 20:48
If you are in one of the NG groups and are a non-select at SFAS, what happens next? I live in Michigan. If a recruiter could better answer this question I would appreciate a phone number. Thank you in advance.

18C4V
07-11-2006, 20:59
If you are in one of the NG groups and are a non-select at SFAS, what happens next? I live in Michigan. If a recruiter could better answer this question I would appreciate a phone number. Thank you in advance.

It all depends on if you're a REP 63 or a in-service applicant. In your case since you're a in-service applicant it all depends on why you were a non-select. If you're were a medical drop, STAR no go (land nav), or admin (administrive reasons), you could be given up to 3 chances for SFAS. It all depends on what state you're in. Some give up to 3 and other 2 chances for SFAS.

HTH

Geo
07-11-2006, 21:07
I'll ask it anyway. Who decides which NG group a soldier drills with. Is it simply a matter of contacting the 19th? Or, is it similar to active duty on a "needs of the Army " basis?

18C4V
07-11-2006, 21:14
I'll ask it anyway. Who decides which NG group a soldier drills with. Is it simply a matter of contacting the 19th? Or, is it similar to active duty on a "needs of the Army " basis?

No,
First you have to find a NG SF unit which is closest to you or you are willing to commute to (look at POC page).

Second. Call the unit and talk to the NCOIC of the training det or REC.

Third. Pass their tryouts and get ready (administrively with security clearance and medical) while waiting for SFPC/SFAS slot.

The Reaper
07-11-2006, 21:19

Well obviously, your state Guard.

If you are looking at being an out of state member, then that unit would probably decide if they wanted/needed you or not. I doubt that the 19th would take a non-tabbed guy and drop him on a state unit that did not want him.

If you don't get selected, as 18C4V noted, you may get transferred to another non-SF unit that the state Guard needs you in for the duration of your contract.

TR

GOLO
09-02-2006, 17:14
Is the tryouts for OCT still on for the 19th SF.. or has it change to a later date.
Also, when is the next tryouts after the one in OCT. I dont have the rucksack to train with but have been training hard in other areas for the one coming up in OCt but still havent touch a rucksack.. although have been working my lower body on an cycle.

Should I wait for the next one and or just go for the one in OCT.. and see where I stand..???

Need your advice??

18C4V
09-02-2006, 21:37
Is the tryouts for OCT still on for the 19th SF.. or has it change to a later date.
Also, when is the next tryouts after the one in OCT. I dont have the rucksack to train with but have been training hard in other areas for the one coming up in OCt but still havent touch a rucksack.. although have been working my lower body on an cycle.

Should I wait for the next one and or just go for the one in OCT.. and see where I stand..???

Need your advice??

come to the Oct tryouts and see where you stand. We may not have one after Oct if you can read between the lines.

CERBERUS
12-10-2006, 21:34
Is rep.63 geared towards younger soldiers? Are there any "older" non-prior guys that have been successful through this enlistment option?

Surgicalcric
12-10-2006, 21:51
I havent made it "thru" just yet but here are a few of us 'older guys' who are holding our own.

REP-63 is the NG's version of the 18X enlistment option.

HTH

Crip

CERBERUS
12-25-2006, 23:50
Just how old is "older"? Where are you at in the pipeline?

Alacrity
02-26-2010, 10:07
Trying to get a hold of an email address for the recruiter at Los Alamitos, CA so I can figure out how this process works. Currently stationed at Lewis, looking to go guard. Our phone here is pretty spotty so I'd rather communicate by email. If someone wants to verify my cred and pass along said email I'd appreciate it.

head
02-26-2010, 12:37
Trying to get a hold of an email address for the recruiter at Los Alamitos, CA so I can figure out how this process works. Currently stationed at Lewis, looking to go guard. Our phone here is pretty spotty so I'd rather communicate by email. If someone wants to verify my cred and pass along said email I'd appreciate it.

PM sent.

dualforces
05-21-2010, 16:45
I am prior service, 42 y.o. professional, wanting to re-enlist, focused on the NG 19th Group.

I spoke with a NG recruiter, was briefly surmised on the process and directed to wait for the next SFRE (which maybe be in November) and try out.

Luckily, I have a "friend of a friend" situation, so I did get a POC, had a quick convo and of course, more questions came to mind after the phone call.

At this point, my POC cannot be contacted (I don't feel this is the proper place to divulge his information online).

I am physically fit, training for the SFRE, highly motivated wanting to serve again and very focused on joining into the SF Community.

If anyone can send me a POC for the 19th Group, Los Alamitos or other constructive direction like,
"KICK ROCKS, YOU'RE TOO DAMN OLD. THERE'S NO SLOTS"..I would be able to focus my energies on another way to serve.

In addition, I would be forever grateful..!

18C/GS 0602
05-21-2010, 17:26
dualforces,

Have you tried calling the unit?

http://calguard.ca.gov/sf/Pages/contact.aspx

dualforces
05-21-2010, 17:59
Thanks bdonham...
I will try that general number.

Jgood
07-07-2012, 12:07
Got a buddy over here with me in Astan, 18 series can I get a PM on a good POC email/phone he is getting out and looking at Los Alamitos, CA

Thanks in advance

head
07-07-2012, 12:19
Sent PM, Jgood.

Jgood
07-07-2012, 12:27
Now thats fast 17mins and thousands of miles away

God I love this site, Thanks BRO

Sent PM, Jgood.

ZonieDiver
07-07-2012, 22:50
Now thats fast 17mins and thousands of miles away

God I love this site, Thanks BRO

While not related to this particular thread, I will most emphatically echo that sentiment: God, I love this site!

greenberetTFS
07-08-2012, 19:29
While not related to this particular thread, I will most emphatically echo that sentiment: God, I love this site!

Me too........;) :D :cool:

Big Teddy

smorales
07-09-2012, 15:13
Hello everyone,

I contacted A/5-19th SFG(A) earlier today in regards to the upcoming SFRE on NOV 30th - DEC 2nd 2012 @ Camp SLO. I was only able to talk to a support NCO and he said to just show up with the proper paperwork and equipment. Just trying to make sure I was not given wrong information that there is no "sign up" sheet and just to show up with proper equipment/paperwork.

Thank you.

Horrible
07-16-2012, 22:50
Good day. I'd like to preface this by saying that Im active duty, and currently deployed. Normally I'd just pick up the phone and call A 5/19th directly, but because of the aforementioned details thats just a little difficult. I've also emailed a QP with this question but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Anyway: How does the NG deal with active duty SFRE participants? The 5/19 SFRE takes place in early December, and I will EAS in July. If I do well at the SFRE, is it simply going to be a matter of "We'll pick you up when you EAS" or am I totally out of luck and have to wait for the next SFRE? I absolutely know this is what I want to do, and Im not opposed to having to do an SFRE twice if necessary. I'd just like to know if that will be the case.

18C4V
07-17-2012, 10:31
Hello everyone,

I contacted A/5-19th SFG(A) earlier today in regards to the upcoming SFRE on NOV 30th - DEC 2nd 2012 @ Camp SLO. I was only able to talk to a support NCO and he said to just show up with the proper paperwork and equipment. Just trying to make sure I was not given wrong information that there is no "sign up" sheet and just to show up with proper equipment/paperwork.

Thank you.

You need to post an introduction in the proper place before posting again.

18C4V
07-17-2012, 10:34
Good day. I'd like to preface this by saying that Im active duty, and currently deployed. Normally I'd just pick up the phone and call A 5/19th directly, but because of the aforementioned details thats just a little difficult. I've also emailed a QP with this question but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Anyway: How does the NG deal with active duty SFRE participants? The 5/19 SFRE takes place in early December, and I will EAS in July. If I do well at the SFRE, is it simply going to be a matter of "We'll pick you up when you EAS" or am I totally out of luck and have to wait for the next SFRE? I absolutely know this is what I want to do, and Im not opposed to having to do an SFRE twice if necessary. I'd just like to know if that will be the case.

ok, I think you're the same guy whose being emailing me from another forum board. If so, I already answered your question via email.

smorales
07-17-2012, 11:45
18C4V,

My mistake. I thought I had posted one when I first joined the site. I will read more and type less. Thank you.

18C4V
07-17-2012, 11:54
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Horrible
07-19-2012, 08:08
ok, I think you're the same guy whose being emailing me from another forum board. If so, I already answered your question via email.

Yes I am, and thank you very much.

Ecclesiastes
07-19-2012, 11:09
Dear PS,

I enlisted in the CA ARNG as 11B last month and will be shipping off to OSUT in September. I will be going in as E-2.

Is the SFRE held every year?

and according to the website, "SPC and above w/ 2+ years in the military" is one of the requirements to try out. Is this a non-waiverable requirement?

Thank you for your time!

18C4V
07-19-2012, 11:56
At last count, we have 25 guys in the pipeline at avarious phases. So as of now, we are having SFRE's once a year. At one time, we had them 4 times a year so it flucates based on our needs.

As of now, the TIS is not waiverable but it can change on a case by case basis and that's dependant on the company SGM.

Ecclesiastes
07-20-2012, 01:41
Understood.

Thank you.

18C4V
07-20-2012, 10:42
Understood.

Thank you.

Also, you need to post an introduction in the proper place before posting again.

Ecclesiastes
07-23-2012, 22:33
Ahh, I thought I posted an intro... I apologize.

Posted intro...

Ridgeback
10-17-2012, 14:50
At last count, we have 25 guys in the pipeline at avarious phases. So as of now, we are having SFRE's once a year. At one time, we had them 4 times a year so it flucates based on our needs.

As of now, the TIS is not waiverable but it can change on a case by case basis and that's dependant on the company SGM.

Requesting a little clariffication. Is SFRE once a year for all of California at Camp SLO? or is SFRE once a year and split, one for Northern California at Camp SLO and one for Southern California at Los Alamitos, CA?

18C4V
10-17-2012, 22:04
Requesting a little clariffication. Is SFRE once a year for all of California at Camp SLO? or is SFRE once a year and split, one for Northern California at Camp SLO and one for Southern California at Los Alamitos, CA?

Great question. For this calendar year it's once a year for all of California at Camp SLO. FY 2013 is unk if we'll do once a year at decentralized locations or combine it to make it one event.

njmiller26
10-22-2012, 05:53
Just returned from SFAS. Got SELECTED! All the hard work and training paid off. Great feeling and really excited to start the Q now. I can't wait.

P.S. Had to cross scuba road both nights of land nav, for my first point. Needless to say not fun land nav lanes. Ha!

Horrible
10-22-2012, 07:30
Just returned from SFAS. Got SELECTED! All the hard work and training paid off. Great feeling and really excited to start the Q now. I can't wait.

P.S. Had to cross scuba road both nights of land nav, for my first point. Needless to say not fun land nav lanes. Ha!

Congratulations! What MOS/language?

njmiller26
10-23-2012, 07:06
Congratulations! What MOS/language?

I will be in the 18A pipeline and looks like I will be learning French.

MR2
10-23-2012, 10:55
I will be in the 18A pipeline and looks like I will be learning French.

Liberal Arts Major, eh?

GISE
10-25-2012, 17:52
My guess will be underwater basket weaving :D

islandrpryde
01-01-2013, 11:51
i'm looking into possibly joining A/5-19 SFG (A). I grew up just north of LosAl off of Norwalk Blvd and would like to look at all my options before I reup to go INDEF as AD. This is a hard decision for me but if anyone would be willing to fill me in on NG life I would appreciate it.

Ridgeback
03-24-2013, 15:26
2 quick questions:

What are or is the upcoming SFRE date and location?

Aside from the norm on pre-req's, what is required of a civilian (prior-service) attending SFRE?

18C4V
03-24-2013, 16:11
2 quick questions:

What are or is the upcoming SFRE date and location?

Aside from the norm on pre-req's, what is required of a civilian (prior-service) attending SFRE?

1. Don't know yet, we're executing a tasker so we're busy this year. Check the website listed below for updates. I'll try to update when I can.....

2. http://www.calguard.ca.gov/sf/Pages/requirements.aspx http://www.calguard.ca.gov/sf/Pages/default.aspx

Ecclesiastes
03-28-2013, 15:38
I attend the church right across the street called Cottonwood Church. :) Does anyone else go there?

Ecclesiastes
03-29-2013, 14:57
Dear PS,

I just checked the update on: http://www.calguard.ca.gov/sf/Pages/sfreprep.aspx

I really want this. However, I don't meet the rank and TIS requirement... Am I completely barred from attending the evaluation or can I still go and try out?

KM

Ecclesiastes
04-01-2013, 12:21
Nevermind. Just spoke with a recruiter. I am not allowed to go.

Horrible
04-08-2013, 10:04
1. Don't know yet, we're executing a tasker so we're busy this year. Check the website listed below for updates. I'll try to update when I can.....

Website lists the next SFRE as May 10-12 at Ft Hunter Liggett. Is that subject to change?

18C4V
04-08-2013, 10:11
Website lists the next SFRE as May 10-12 at Ft Hunter Liggett. Is that subject to change?

It was just confirmed on Saturday for the dates. The location may change.

Horrible
04-08-2013, 16:18
It was just confirmed on Saturday for the dates. The location may change.

A location change would be good. Hunter Liggett is quite a haul for us Southern California candidates. Thanks for the heads up.

CW1287
05-01-2013, 02:59
18C4V,

I tried to PM you in regards to Officer options, however your inbox was full.

Very Respectfully,

Chris

NC6J
07-10-2013, 07:42
The url for the A/5-19th website has changed:

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/A5-19SF

Please spread the link to the other forums.

The SFRE page still needs to be updated due to the move, but the next SFRE is still 20-22 SEP at Camp San Luis Obispo.

Horrible
07-15-2013, 17:45
I was wondering where that went.....

Thank you!

NC6J
07-20-2013, 21:57
The 20-22 September SFRE for A/5-19th SF is CANCELED.

We do not have a tentative date for the next SFRE. When we do have a date we will post it on our website and update the forums.

Horrible
07-23-2013, 17:24
Thanks for the update. A little disappointing, but I'm sure this will just give us more time to get ready.

North County
07-25-2013, 11:59
Our unit is looking for volunteers E-4 to E-6 for NG SF in California. My company has two locations: Northern California and Southern California.

Hello 18C4V,

I am prior service Navy and not currently affiliated with any branch. Is it still possible to volunteer for SFAS with 19th Group in Southern California?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

18C4V
07-25-2013, 18:50
Hello 18C4V,

I am prior service Navy and not currently affiliated with any branch. Is it still possible to volunteer for SFAS with 19th Group in Southern California?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Yes,
You just need to go to the link that NC6J posted and check for updates for the next SFRE.

North County
07-31-2013, 13:37
Yes,
You just need to go to the link that NC6J posted and check for updates for the next SFRE.

Thanks 18C4V for the reply.

I reviewed the website and printed, filled out, and copied all the required paperwork for the SFRE except the security clearance document. I just have a few questions to clear things up for me.

1. As a civilian, do I just show up to Camp SLO and participate in the SFRE?
2. Since I am no longer in the military, what should I do about the security clearance printout requirement?
3. I do not own my own LBV and would need to buy it. What exactly should I buy to meet the standards for LBVs used during this course?

Thank you for your time and assistance!

V/R,
North County

18C4V
08-10-2013, 16:37
Thanks 18C4V for the reply.

I reviewed the website and printed, filled out, and copied all the required paperwork for the SFRE except the security clearance document. I just have a few questions to clear things up for me.

1. As a civilian, do I just show up to Camp SLO and participate in the SFRE?
2. Since I am no longer in the military, what should I do about the security clearance printout requirement?
3. I do not own my own LBV and would need to buy it. What exactly should I buy to meet the standards for LBVs used during this course?

Thank you for your time and assistance!

V/R,
North County

1. Yes (bring the liability and other forms requried)
2. Don't worry about the clearance.
3. I'm sure our unit has a few LBV's to issue out, let me confirm. If you don't hear from me in a few days or so, remind me otherwise I will forget.

NC6J
12-18-2013, 17:59
The next SFRE will be 13-15 MAR at Camp San Luis Obispo.

Get the word out to everyone who has been asking you:

Candidates report to BLDG 835 NLT 1800 on 13 MAR for in-brief.
SFRE events start at 0500 on 14 MAR, board following the road march.
Those traveling over 150 miles will remain in the barracks until 0600 on 15 MAR.

Link for information and paperwork:
http://www.calguard.ca.gov/A5-19SF/Pages/RequirementsforSpecialForces.aspx

Please check out the website, it will help answer any questions you might hear.

FYI, the company has been consolidated in Southern California. The bay area det has been closed.

NC6J
08-31-2014, 21:07
The next SFRE for A/5-19 will be 15-16 NOV 2014 at JFTB Los Alamitos.

Detailed information will be available soon on:

Ecclesiastes
09-03-2014, 21:45
PS,

I was wondering if there is a waiver for the rank requirement?

I'm an E-3 and have over 24 mos TIS and over 6 mos TIG...

Thank you.

18C4V
09-04-2014, 11:54
^
I would go to the tryouts and see where you're at (physically, etc)

Ecclesiastes
09-11-2014, 23:38
Just spoke with the recruiter and he said I need to be E-4....

Sucks...

Ecclesiastes
09-12-2014, 18:06
I literally just checked my LES and I picked up my E-4...!

I will work with the recruiter and see if I'm good to go.

Thank you for your help!!!

:lifter

drivfast
10-03-2014, 15:30
Hello,

I have submitted my candidate data sheet for the Nov 15-16 SFRE in Los Alamitos. I have dowloaded the maps and packing list. On the packing list it reads, "Bring your own 55lb Ruck and LBV." I have been a civilian for a while now, and I do not own any TA-50 items. I went to the PX on the JFTB in Los Alamitos to find an issue ruck and LBV and found that they do not stock TA-50 items at that particular Clothing and Sales. I saw a ruck and LBV at the Army Navy store but decided not to purchase them because they were beat up and the prices were silly. Can someone point me in the right direction to acquire a ruck and LBV? I would like to purchase whatever the unit is using. I imagine it is Molle or Alice.

Thank you for the help. :)

82ndAA
10-03-2014, 16:19
Hey drivfast. You should be able to find what you need at a military surplus store. Online as well if you don't have one within driving distance of you.

My first thought though when reading this is, what have you been using to train for the ruck march?

Ecclesiastes
10-03-2014, 20:04
Drivfast,

Check eBay.

You'll find lots of used ALICE, MOLLE packs in good conditions at affordable price.

drivfast
10-04-2014, 21:20
Hey drivfast. You should be able to find what you need at a military surplus store. Online as well if you don't have one within driving distance of you.

My first thought though when reading this is, what have you been using to train for the ruck march?

Thanks for the reply! I priced a ruck and LBV at a few surplus stores around my area. They seemed pricey so I want to shop around a bit more. As to your question, (which is an excellent one, haha) the answer is that I haven't done any real rucking for years. I plan to embrace the suck, evaluate where i'm at and build from there.

drivfast
10-04-2014, 21:28
Drivfast,

Check eBay.

You'll find lots of used ALICE, MOLLE packs in good conditions at affordable price.

Hey thanks for the tip!

I'll check that out. :)

NC6J
04-28-2015, 17:35
The next SFRE for A/5-19 will be 11 JULY 2015 at JFTB Los Alamitos.

Detailed information available now on:

Ecclesiastes
04-29-2015, 21:26
I'm looking to get information on how the pipeline works in the CA SF. I'm trying to plan out my training with my civilian job, school and family in the equation and would really appreciate any answer I can get. I tried searching but was unable to find an answer.

1) What is the average wait time in between training (From SFRE to SFQC)?

2) Is the Q a PCS move (I heard cases where guys come back home in between phases)?

Thank you in advance.

NC6J
04-30-2015, 06:24
1. Best case scenario, 9 months, but that all depends on your effort. The average is still over 12 months, mostly due to the candidates speed with his SF physical and his civ employment.
If you pass the SFRE, as a current CAARNG soldier you will be attached to A Co the following week. You will get SFAS based on how fast you can get your SF Physical complete. After SFAS, you will get the soonest ABN school available. And then the soonest SFQC date available.

2. Yes, SFQC is a PCS order. 14 to 18 months. You do not have to move your family out there, but you will only be getting FT Bragg BAH, which is much lower than average rent/mortgage in CA. And you will have to pay rent at Bragg, in addition to what you are paying out here if you keep your house. You won't come back between phases unless you are on leave, or if you were relieved from the course for injury or academics.

Ecclesiastes
04-30-2015, 07:44
That was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.

NC6J
10-31-2015, 15:53
The next SFRE for A/5-19 will be 14-15 NOV 2015 at JFTB Los Alamitos.

Calipete
02-28-2016, 13:51
any new info for May SFRE? I email in my data sheet early this month and havn't heard anything, not sure if they are backlogged or my resume is not strong enough.

NC6J
02-29-2016, 05:32
Next one is in May, they'll have the date on their website soon.

Ecclesiastes
03-03-2016, 18:08
I didn’t make it last time. And I want to try out again. I’m not giving up.

But I can’t attend the upcoming SFRE (the one in May) because my unit won’t allow me to attend it. I think it’s because I just transferred to the unit five months ago. And it doesn’t help that we have AT during that week. I know it’s not the AT that’s preventing me from attending because they denied my request not even knowing the SFRE dates.

IT SUCKS… but it is what it is and I need to find another solution.

Does anyone know if there will be another SFRE this year?

Any help will be appreciated... Thank you.

CAARNG 68W
03-04-2016, 18:50
I didn’t make it last time. And I want to try out again. I’m not giving up.

But I can’t attend the upcoming SFRE (the one in May) because my unit won’t allow me to attend it. I think it’s because I just transferred to the unit five months ago. And it doesn’t help that we have AT during that week. I know it’s not the AT that’s preventing me from attending because they denied my request not even knowing the SFRE dates.

IT SUCKS… but it is what it is and I need to find another solution.

Does anyone know if there will be another SFRE this year?

Any help will be appreciated... Thank you.

There's usually two per year, typically one in November, one in May. 2015's was in July, so maybe it's a Fiscal Year thing.

I assume you went to the one last July; what was it like?

NC6J
03-19-2016, 09:34
The next SFRE for A/5-19 will be 21-22 MAY 2016 at JFTB Los Alamitos.

Ecclesiastes
03-28-2016, 15:47
I’ll wait for the next SFRE.

Thank you.

Jonny Utah
08-11-2016, 19:36
Is there a date/location yet for the Fall 2016 SFRE? Cal Guard site is still showing the date for the last one (May 2016).

Thanks,

J.U.

18C4V
08-14-2016, 21:41
4-6 Nov is the latest as of 12 August.

NC6J
09-19-2016, 13:31
The next SFRE for A/5-19 will be 18-20 NOV 2016 at JFTB Los Alamitos.

Detailed information will be available soon on:

4/2savages
09-22-2016, 08:40
Would an active duty Marine who is currently transitioning into the National Guard be able to attend the November SFRE? I would not want to intrude, especially when the slots can be administered for current Guard soldiers.

NC6J
09-22-2016, 11:05
Would an active duty Marine who is currently transitioning into the National Guard be able to attend the November SFRE? I would not want to intrude, especially when the slots can be administered for current Guard soldiers.

Yes, we encourage Marines to attend if they are within six months of their EAS, whether or not they are already working a Guard contract.

As well as Marines that already EAS'ed and are currently civilians.

18C4V
11-23-2016, 22:37
Just some stats from the Nov SFRE.

27 people showed up. 5 were selected to move forward. Of the 5, 3 are from sister services (Marines and Navy).

18C4V
12-22-2016, 23:34
Next SFRE for A/5/19th is 10-12 Feb 17 at JFTB Los Alamitos.