PDA

View Full Version : Dehydration question

Kyobanim
05-26-2005, 10:03
I have recently disscontinued my heavy intake of caffinated products. I'm down to several cups of coffee in the morning and 1 glass of iced tea at night. I have replaced this with water. I start drinking water at around 7:30 AM. Problem is, I am more thirsty now than before. I am drinking on average 20 ozs of water an hour. I don't see any physical dehydration symptoms and I the urine is clear.

Could this just be my imagination?

david_reeves
05-27-2005, 06:36
I've noticed the same thing.
Feel thirsty like a diabetic if I don't have a caffein laced drink a couple times a day.

I don't understand the physiology of it myself.

Dave

Surgicalcric
05-27-2005, 07:45
Psychological dependence or caffeine DT's.

Your mind wants the caffeine 'high' and convinces you that you're thirsty in hopes you will drink a soda/coffee/etc and give it what it craves. If you gave into it the thirst would go away, for a while.

Thats MHO.

Crip

lksteve
05-27-2005, 07:49
I am drinking on average 20 ozs of water an hour. I don't see any physical dehydration symptoms and I the urine is clear.

Could this just be my imagination?don't know about your imagination, but in my opinion as a former SF engineer, drinking 20 oz of water per hour should serve to expand your bladder capacity for more important things like beer...