PDA

View Full Version : My E-8 Promotion Board

BMT (RIP)
05-25-2005, 07:20
I can say it was an homor to have CSM Bill Edge as a member of the board. His questions were very clear on what he wanted from a new E-8. IIRC one question went like this "If you were given a stack of 201 files to pick a team from,what would you look for?"

Way back then you only got 15 minutes before the board.

A tale going around Center when he was CSM. The Center Engineer O complained to CSM Edge that his men could tear-up Weedeaters faster than they could be repaired or bought. Bill's answer "sir my men are killers not F-ing landscapers".

BMT

lrd
05-25-2005, 14:34
I can say it was an homor to have CSM Bill Edge as a member of the board. His questions were very clear on what he wanted from a new E-8. IIRC one question went like this "If you were given a stack of 201 files to pick a team from,what would you look for?"

Way back then you only got 15 minutes before the board.

A tale going around Center when he was CSM. The Center Engineer O complained to CSM Edge that his men could tear-up Weedeaters faster than they could be repaired or bought. Bill's answer "sir my men are killers not F-ing landscapers".

BMT
And your answer?

BMT (RIP)
05-25-2005, 15:26
When the board on has a 15 minute shot at your ass,you can't say much. I just hit a few high points of what I would look for.

BMT

BMT (RIP)
05-25-2005, 15:29
I must of said something right! I came out number 2 on the list. The day I got promoted to E-8, I had 12 years AD.

BMT

lksteve
05-25-2005, 19:09
And your answer?i'd bet he said something to the effect of "mine and yours Sergeant Major..." :D