PDA

View Full Version : Rigel night optics

cszakolczai
05-17-2005, 14:05
Does anyone know anything about Rigel and there night optics, I am lookin at them and I have no clue wether I am getting a good deal or if I am getting ripped off. Heres the link, and if there not good, does anyone know of any company that has a good NVG that is fairly affordable?
http://www.rigeloptics.com/

Chris

Peregrino
05-17-2005, 14:36
Does anyone know anything about Rigel and there night optics, I am lookin at them and I have no clue wether I am getting a good deal or if I am getting ripped off. Heres the link, and if there not good, does anyone know of any company that has a good NVG that is fairly affordable?
http://www.rigeloptics.com/

Chris

Checking your profile and previous posts doesn't leave me with a "warm fuzzy" about answering your question. There are very few legitimate civilian uses for NVDs, none of which come to mind in the context of a teenager, employed in an ice cream shop in New Jersey. To answer part of your question - don't waste your money. The stuff you're looking at isn't much more than an expensive "Walter Mittie" toy. 1st generation image intensifier tubes (probably Russian surplus) aren't worth the money considering you can spend a little more and get much better quality. FWIW - Peregrino

cszakolczai
05-18-2005, 07:15
Checking your profile and previous posts doesn't leave me with a "warm fuzzy" about answering your question. There are very few legitimate civilian uses for NVDs, none of which come to mind in the context of a teenager, employed in an ice cream shop in New Jersey. To answer part of your question - don't waste your money. The stuff you're looking at isn't much more than an expensive "Walter Mittie" toy. 1st generation image intensifier tubes (probably Russian surplus) aren't worth the money considering you can spend a little more and get much better quality. FWIW - Peregrino

I wanted to get the NVG's because I know that many of them can be attached to a 35mm camera, or my digital camera with the larger zoom lens. Sorry didn't mention that part, I am into photography and wanted to see if i couldn't take some pics with an NVG, people say that they look really cool, and I wanted to find out for myself. Plus I live in a historical town so I have a lot of things to photograph.
Chris

Peregrino
05-18-2005, 08:18
I wanted to get the NVG's because I know that many of them can be attached to a 35mm camera, or my digital camera with the larger zoom lens. Sorry didn't mention that part, I am into photography and wanted to see if i couldn't take some pics with an NVG, people say that they look really cool, and I wanted to find out for myself. Plus I live in a historical town so I have a lot of things to photograph.
Chris

I'm still suspicious but it's your money. If you're doing photography, you will be very disappointed with anything less than Gen III (in the several thousand dollar range). The stuff you were looking at is not suitable. You need to look at Litton or ITT products. FWIW - Peregrino

cszakolczai
05-18-2005, 17:24
I'm still suspicious but it's your money

I'm sorry but I don't see why you are,
Chris