PDA

View Full Version : Any last words...

echoes
05-15-2005, 09:34
Greetings from the stix. I have been out for a while, and it is wonderful to finally be back reading and learning from this board.

I am preparing to skydive in two hours, so I thought I would ask if anyone has any famous last words? I know it is nothing like the real thing the military does, I was just curious if anyone might remember their first time outta the plane?

Holly :)

mffjm8509
05-15-2005, 09:35
check hands, check feet

mp

echoes
05-15-2005, 09:37
check hands, check feet

mp

Wow, thank you Sir.

Holly

NousDefionsDoc
05-15-2005, 10:09
and pull

CommoGeek
05-15-2005, 10:15
Don't forget to arch. Do whatever the JM tells you to. Lift your feet for landing (I'm guessing you are doing a carnival ri.....err, tandem?).

echoes
05-15-2005, 10:26
Don't forget to arch. Do whatever the JM tells you to. Lift your feet for landing (I'm guessing you are doing a carnival ri.....err, tandem?).

Yes, and yes! I am off to see the wizard now, but I cannot wait to be typing here later tonight. (wink)

Woo-hoo,
Holly :lifter

The Reaper
05-15-2005, 10:51
Relax and arch hard.

Check hands and feet.

Follow all instructionf from the jumpmaster/tandem master.

Be safe, have fun!

TR

SnafuRacer
05-15-2005, 11:13
I am preparing to skydive in two hours, so I thought I would ask if anyone has any famous last words? I know it is nothing like the real thing the military does, I was just curious if anyone might remember their first time outta the plane?

Holly :)

Did you watch Terminal Velocity....I mean The Safety Video? :D

Enjoy your dive :)

Roguish Lawyer
05-15-2005, 15:00
Don't forget to give us a report, Holly! :)

Razor
05-15-2005, 19:02
Relax and arch hard.

Check hands and feet.

Follow all instructionf from the jumpmaster/tandem master.

Be safe, have fun!

TR

And remember to do all that stuff when you go skydiving, too. ;)

alphamale
05-15-2005, 23:33
Razor, :fswhip: you are SUCH a perv!!

Holly, how did it go? :munchin

Tell us tell us !!

Did you scream? I would scream :eek: . At least the first time.

FrontSight

echoes
05-16-2005, 08:49
Razor, :fswhip: you are SUCH a perv!!

Holly, how did it go? :munchin

Tell us tell us !!

Did you scream? I would scream :eek: . At least the first time.

FrontSight

Greetings! It went something like this...out here in the country, there are many winding roads. I got in my car, with my directions, and spent the better part of three hours driving to the DZ. (my directions said 45min) With a 1:00 call time, I arrived at 2:30 and joined the other two in my "class" and assumed the flare position on the floor of the hanger. Then we practiced exiting the plane properly.

Ready set, no-go. Time for Holly to watch "the video" that is required...(er Terminal Velocity) So while the other prepared, I flared...over and over again. The end result was my first skydive being set for next Sunday at 1:00. Argh! But the good news is, they video!

Thanks for all of the information, I guess now I can practice more before I go.

Holly :lifter