PDA

View Full Version : Border Patrol Ordered to Stand Down

Manstein
05-13-2005, 06:47
The entire article is linked below.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050513-122032-5055r.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

By Jerry Seper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

U.S. Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, The Washington Times has learned.

More than a dozen agents, all of whom asked not to be identified for fear of retribution, said orders relayed by Border Patrol supervisors at the Naco, Ariz., station made it clear that arrests were "not to go up" along the 23-mile section of border that the volunteers monitored to protest illegal immigration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've GOT to be kidding me..... :eek:

Rschoeneck
05-13-2005, 06:58
Whilst I am an earnest supporter of the President, this smacks of a conspiracy to further promote his immigrant worker visa program. By not stemming the influx of illegals, the powers that be can use the statement that with the high levels of illegals and nothing to stop them, we might as well grant them visas.

My gut reaction to this is that Vincente and the White House are trying to remain in bed with each other, and when you factor in CAFTA it only makes sense.

My .02 cents.

Dustin03
05-13-2005, 07:18
I was curious, what would you all do if you knew of illegals in your hometown, who used fake I.D.'s to obtain jobs? I know of a place that this is pretty much all that works there :confused:

jbour13
05-13-2005, 08:27
I was curious, what would you all do if you knew of illegals in your hometown, who used fake I.D.'s to obtain jobs? I know of a place that this is pretty much all that works there :confused:

I personally would look deep before I'd say anything. Questions like, if it is a burden on the local economy, crime was prevelant with that group. Have your facts straight before you go and tell the authorities and don't let animosity be your guide. That'll give the wrong impression to the authorities and they'll suspect your motives. Look up the nearest federal law enforcement arm.

Here are some links to help:

http://jackson.fbi.gov/

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/jackson/aboutus.htm

http://www.atf.treas.gov/field/neworleans/ms.htm

Any and all of the websites will have field offices and you can call on the condition of anonymity if you see a crime happen. But if you are concerned and unsure of an illegal act be prepared to give contact info. In this day and age all leads are scrutinized and prioritized according to level and type of threat. I say this with the intent to not sound too uptight.....do not falsify info. If you know something be able to provide detailed info and proof. If you don't have an answer for whomever you speak with say I don't know, don't guess. Don't take matters into your own hands like investigating, snooping or asking questions. If you are military this falls under intel oversight and those you might be asking questions of might just be American. Bad joo-joo if you get caught-up asking questions of an American citizen without approval and the appropriate charter.

Best of luck.

Team Sergeant
05-13-2005, 08:48
This does not surprise me in the least.

After living in Phoenix for three years and keeping up with the news reports, the level of corruption concerning illegal immigrants in certain federal and state agencies is staggering.

Need an Arizona State driver’s license with no documents, no problem, just check in with the Arizona DMV and bring an extra $300. This was NOT an isolated occurrence within the AZ DMV, it was statewide.

Here’s another Arizona corruption story published just today and it’s going to get a lot more attention before it ends.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/0513corruption13.html

16 soldiers, law officers charged

FBI sting uncovers drug conspiracy

Susan Carroll and Dennis Wagner
The Arizona Republic
May. 13, 2005 12:00 AM

TUCSON - Sixteen current and former soldiers and law-enforcement officers were implicated Thursday in a "widespread" cocaine-trafficking conspiracy that FBI officials said will eventually bring down more public officials.

U.S. Department of Justice prosecutors would not disclose what started an undercover FBI probe in December 2001 that so far has snagged personnel from the former Immigration and Naturalization Service, Arizona Army National Guard, U.S. Bureau of Prisons, Army, Arizona Department of Corrections and Nogales Police Department.

jbour13
05-13-2005, 09:02
This does not surprise me in the least........

Need an Arizona State driver’s license with no documents, no problem, just check in with the Arizona DMV and bring an extra $300. This was NOT an isolated occurrence within the AZ DMV, it was statewide........

TS,

I haven't lived or been in a state that doesn't have it's share of corrupt people at DMV's. Maryland is pretty bad and it shows with the lack of SA while behind the wheel of a 1-2 ton weapon.

In regards to your AO/AI it's a more immediate problem. It just takes time for the illegals to migrate farther up the road and get to me.

Also, the reservist that was snagged for "illegally detaining" those border crossers dodged a bullet from the US Gov't. He may be in hot water with Mexico still. We'll see how well that goes over. :D