PDA

View Full Version : APT – Academy of Professional Trainers

JPH
05-10-2005, 14:47
APT – Academy of Professional Trainers

Dose anyone know of this training facility? I live very close to this facility and had plans of taking some courses there. However I don’t want to waste money and or affiliate myself with less than the best!!!

I AM NOT PASSING JUDGMENT ON THIS MAN OR HIS COMPANY!!! YET….

I am just now starting my research of APT and it’s owner BJ Johnson.

I have spoken with officers that say they owe their life to his training. Then I have spoken to one man who said it was good training but just didn’t work for him. Then I read this http://www.hackworth.com/sw12072002a.html and have not yet looked in to this site to see what it’s bias is. But I will do that this afternoon and that my force me to come back and edit this post.

One last story I will add, and this may be BS, but one person who held a high opinion of BJ Johnson gave the impression that he can be a bit of a hot head, and tear, cut, rip, and brake off any items of personal gear that you may bring to his school if he doesn’t feel that they are effective.
My understanding is that he dose this with out asking you to remove it…. “the way the story goes”… he is known to ask to see a persons weapon (if the person is using a Glock that has one of those rubber socks around the grip) and just cut the grip addition right off and hand the weapon back to the person without paying for it, and without explaining why. Just didn’t sound professional to me! :confused:

I wanted to know if any Quiet Professionals knew of this man and or this company. Is he a credible person? Dose anyone know of the web page I have cited above?

ANY and ALL opinions welcome… if I am wrong and BJ Johnson is a great trainer then tell me, I may be out of line here and just stepped in to a big pile of BS, not knowing it.

Thank-you
JPH

JPH
05-10-2005, 15:48
Well I just got off the phone with the Missouri Highway Patrol. They told me that BJ Johnson runs a good facility and they are adopting his (APT’s) training curriculum for Pistol, rifle, and Shotgun.

The Officer that I talked to said that he had attended some of APT’s classes…

I am still looking for input from others who know about both the company and the owner.
I am also looking for more info on how, who, and why some are discrediting them.

Thank-you,
JPH

504PIR
05-10-2005, 16:28
I have attended his Tactical Pistol & Patrol Rifle. They were top-notch instruction and were on-par with other courses I attended. BJ is a very good instructor.

At the end of Tactical Pistol I set down with BJ and visited with him. I did bring the "fake SEAL" issue up, as I had heard it. He answered my questions to my satisfaction and I don't think he was BSing me. He wasn't a SEAL, didn't claim to be in my presence.

I like the guy. Training was good and was priced resonably. If you want please PM me.