PDA

View Full Version : Another Got

NousDefionsDoc
05-08-2005, 16:11
Sunday, May 8,2005, 12:01 PM ET: BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq said on Sunday that security forces had captured Amar al-Zubaydi, a key aide to the al Qaeda leader in Iraq, Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. A government statement said Zubaydi, also known as Abu Abbas, was captured three days ago in Baghdad. It said he helped plan attacks on Abu Ghraib prison in April that wounded U.S. troops and several inmates as well as a string of car bomb attacks in Baghdad.

Doc
05-08-2005, 17:12
Rock on folks!

Doc

The Reaper
05-08-2005, 17:23
Roll 'em up like old carpet, people!

TR

rubberneck
05-08-2005, 17:43
Sunday, May 8,2005, 12:01 PM ET: BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq said on Sunday that security forces had captured Amar al-Zubaydi, a key aide to the al Qaeda leader in Iraq, Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. A government statement said Zubaydi, also known as Abu Abbas, was captured three days ago in Baghdad. It said he helped plan attacks on Abu Ghraib prison in April that wounded U.S. troops and several inmates as well as a string of car bomb attacks in Baghdad.

I wonder why this info is so timely? One would think that it would be better to keep a capture like this under wraps as long as possible to take advantage of al-Zarqawi's communication issues. Either way it is another bad guy out of action.

NousDefionsDoc
05-08-2005, 20:41
How do you know it is? ;)

rubberneck
05-09-2005, 11:14
How do you know it is? ;)

I guess I don't know for sure. I suppose the person who wrote the story was wrong on the date of his capture but then again I wouldn't put it past a reporter to compromise sensative information to get a scoop.

QRQ 30
05-09-2005, 11:55
I guess I don't know for sure. I suppose the person who wrote the story was wrong on the date of his capture but then again I wouldn't put it past a reporter to compromise sensative information to get a scoop.

Don't underestimate the expertise of good intelligence personnel. They release what the want and when they want, usually with a purpose. Just sit back and enjoy the show and don't second guess. You will be 99.9% wrong. :lifter

rubberneck
05-09-2005, 13:10
Don't underestimate the expertise of good intelligence personnel. They release what the want and when they want, usually with a purpose. Just sit back and enjoy the show and don't second guess. You will be 99.9% wrong. :lifter

Fair enough.