PDA

View Full Version : Osteitis Pubis

notdubszj
04-20-2005, 00:44
I was diagnosed with this approximately a year ago as a result of my lacrosse playing. I am in my final year of eligibilty to play and the pain has been controlled with the use of bextra(yah i know heart problems yada yada). The discomfort is severe at times when I am active and not taking the bextra. That being said, how can i deal with this as I consider a career in the military? My ultimate goal would be to be a Ranger Batallion Medic as a 92W or 18D. Is there anything I can do to deal with the physical rigors of a high speed career which would more than likely aggravate this injury? Thank You.

-Thomas

Eagle5US
04-20-2005, 12:36
Good Morning THomas, and welcome to PS.com...

Though many SF / SOF guys complain about chronic injuries, few of us initially step into the chute already lame.
As unfortunate as it would seem, there are some aspirations that cannot be realized. If you require chronic medication for pain control, I would suggest that you concentrate your studies into a field that does not include military service. A lack of meds in a field environment, or exacerbatin of your condition outside the level your medication can handle makes you a liability to yourself and your team / squad / platoon / unit.
THough your goal is admirable, until you have been symptom free and medication free for at least 1 year, you may want to consider other (less physically demanding) carreer fields than the Army.

Good luck,

Eagle