PDA

View Full Version : Baked Beans

BMT (RIP)
04-18-2005, 10:21
Gals don't buy the wrong brand of beans.
:munchin

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/04/15/nbean15.xml

BMT

SP5IC
04-18-2005, 16:35
The terrible thing about this is that it most likely is not over. The dude needs some serious wall-to-wall counseling.

Bill Harsey
04-18-2005, 19:16
The terrible thing about this is that it most likely is not over. The dude needs some serious wall-to-wall counseling.
Your right.
My wife only buys the brand featured in the movie "Blazing Saddles" to keep me happy.

Kyobanim
04-18-2005, 19:55
:: writing note to self . Never sit around a campfire with Bill. There might be an explosion ::

Pete
04-19-2005, 04:48
What gets my wife is that no matter what brand she puts in a pot I sneak a spoon-full (big) of it as I walk through the kitchen while she's getting supper ready.

By the time the food is ready to hit the table about 1/2 the beans are gone.

Hey, pop the top and set the cold can infront of me with a big spoon. I'll be happy. A little more happy if the can is name brand but beans are beans. Cold beans stay on the spoon better.

Now beans in a foil pack? They all suck.

Somebody who would beat his "wife" over what kind of beans she brought home? That guy has more issues than we can deal with here. Too bad his wife can't deal with it there, ie .45 ACP.

Pete

Razor
04-19-2005, 08:45
There are other brands besides B&M? ;) I could really go for some red hot dogs (with top split buns), B&M beans and some B&M canned brown bread right about now.

Squidly
04-19-2005, 11:18
A B&M baked bean is a dark, full bodied bean far superior to VanCamps or Campbells. You also get a little more fatback than with the others.

The B&M brown bread is good too. I like it toasted with gobs of butter at breakfast. What else can you do with it?

Haven't seen a split top hot dog bun in years.