PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook Contacts vs address book

Eagle5US
04-17-2005, 19:29
This may sound stupid...BUT:

I recently started utilizing outlook for all my stuff at home. All of my contacts are entered in my "contacts". So far, so good.

Now the goofy part-there are no addresses in my address book when I compose e-mail.
How do I migrate all of my contacts over to an address book without having to do them one at a time??? :confused:

Thanks-

Eagle

Kyobanim
04-17-2005, 20:09
Your going from Outlook Express to MS Outlook, right?

If so, you should be able to open MS Outlook and click File, Import/Export. Next choose import mail and addresses. In the next window choose outlook express. The rest of the process is self explanitory.

If this isn't what you're looking for holler again.

Eagle5US
04-17-2005, 20:31
I am using Plain old Outlook from not usig anything at all.... :(

Thanks again.

Eagle

lksteve
04-17-2005, 22:01
I am using Plain old Outlook from not usig anything at all.... :(

i've never been able to import addresses directly into Outlook...but if there is an address you want to save, you should be able to right click on it and add it to you address book...of course, i don't use Outlook at home, so i could be mistaken...

Eagle5US
04-18-2005, 11:04
Maybe if I explain it this way...
Ordinarily with Outlook you can go to your address look-up feature and it will show either Outlook address book, personal address book, contacts etc as to where to find an e-mail address....
All my boxes are blank, so I cannot even direct Outlook to search a certain place for the address to insert.
I am also unable to "add" an address book as it says my account configuration is incomplete :confused:

THanks again for any opinions.

Eagle

Peregrino
04-18-2005, 12:27
Sounds like you might want to reload Outlook. Before you do that save your old address book (the one you want to import) by exporting it to the desktop as a .pst file. This can all be done with the wizards. Once you've done that and you have the reloaded Outlook running, import the .pst file. Outlook should automatically put it in as a "Contacts" file. Then you can access it by clicking on the "To" box and selecting contacts from the pulldown menu. I just went through this with my new computer. It's one more step but it's not that bad. Peregrino