PDA

View Full Version : Green Beret Tv Presentation

Team Sergeant
04-17-2005, 10:33
Subject: GREEN BERET TV PRESENTATION

The Comcast Military Channel will carry a program on Special Forces commencing Sunday, April 17 at 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and again at 8:00 to 9:00 p.m.

I don't know if this is new material or not.....
TS

Radar Rider
04-17-2005, 14:42
The "info" screen on the Military Channel states - Special Forces: Untold Stories. "Green Berets", (2001). Documenting the battle of Lang Vei during the Vietnam War. It pitted vastly outnumbered Green Berets against thousands of enemy troops. (Documentary).

I've not seen it; I'll be watching tonight.

Gypsy
04-17-2005, 18:00
I've seen this one...it is very good.

Roguish Lawyer
04-17-2005, 19:17
The "info" screen on the Military Channel states - Special Forces: Untold Stories. "Green Berets", (2001). Documenting the battle of Lang Vei during the Vietnam War. It pitted vastly outnumbered Green Berets against thousands of enemy troops. (Documentary).

I've not seen it; I'll be watching tonight.

I started watching that a while ago, but did not like it because they had actors recreating events and it was extremely cheesy.

I would like to learn more about Lang Vei, though.

Gypsy
04-17-2005, 19:19
, but did not like it because they had actors recreating events and it was extremely cheesy.

That part is kind of true...but the storyline of events was still incredible.

dennisw
04-19-2005, 10:24
On the military channel in my neck of the woods, Sunday nights are special operations nights. I love the idea, but for the most part it consists of watching seals in BUD school and the making of Marines. They have shown a few good programs related to the Special Forces in Afganistan, but for the most part it is repetitive programs surrounded by those related to aircraft.

Maybe they'll upgrade in the future. We can only hope.

alphamale
04-19-2005, 10:38
I love the idea, but for the most part it consists of watching seals in BUD schoolBut it's so fun, so exhilarating, so uplifting, to watch SEALs exercise! :lifter

Even Mr. Harsey has me taping all the SEAL exercise segments for him to watch. Hey, I don't ask why, I just do. :munchin

FrontSight

Gypsy
04-19-2005, 11:03
On the military channel in my neck of the woods, Sunday nights are special operations nights. I love the idea, but for the most part it consists of watching seals in BUD school and the making of Marines. They have shown a few good programs related to the Special Forces in Afganistan, but for the most part it is repetitive programs surrounded by those related to aircraft.

Maybe they'll upgrade in the future. We can only hope.

The same here in Chicago. I do wish they'd show something different now and again, the repetition is a bit much. It bothers me they call that time block "Special Forces" when it should probably be SOF.

dennisw
04-19-2005, 13:45
Even Mr. Harsey has me taping all the SEAL exercise segments for him to watch. Hey, I don't ask why, I just do.

I was going to ask why, but thought better of it. lol

Bill Harsey
04-19-2005, 21:10
But it's so fun, so exhilarating, so uplifting, to watch SEALs exercise! :lifter

Even Mr. Harsey has me taping all the SEAL exercise segments for him to watch. Hey, I don't ask why, I just do. :munchin

FrontSight
You keep this up and I'm going to send that new SWAT monkey in here to drag you kicking and screaming into the Team Sergeants Office.

We'll have to make sure it's shots are up to date first.