PDA

View Full Version : Power Point Presentation Question

Smokin Joe
04-14-2005, 06:59
I am trying to put together a power point presentation that has some short video's in the slides. My problem is once I e-mail the presentation or burn it to a CD the videos don't work when I go to give the presentation on another PC....this is a hyperlink problem I got that but any recommendations on how I can build the presentation, send it off, and have it work flawlessly (i.e so the end user doesn't have to re-hyperlink the videos on another PC)?

I appericate any help

Joe

hoepoe
04-14-2005, 08:19
Hi

I'm no PP whiz, but i'll give it a shot.

Create the Powerpoint presentation with the videos in the same directory as the presentation. Then wrap it up in a zip file and send the zip file.

Once opened. everything will be in the same di and thus will work.

Hope this helps

Hoepoe

casey
04-14-2005, 08:40
Joe, lucky for you this is the only computer related question I can answer. Ive had the same trouble and now use this formula - it never fails.

Start a new file folder (right click and hit NEW on desktop screen) and place your beginning or already built powerpoint presentation into said new folder.

Hyperlinks are fickle - so at this point I transfer all the videos I want in the presentation into the same exact folder

Now open your powerpoint presentation from within the folder and put it in the NORMAL VIEW (one slide open on right and multiple smaller slides open on left)

Then on the powerpoint screen - go up and hit the Insert button. Move to the Movies and Sounds button and then go to Movies from file and click.

When this opens - browse back to the folder you've made with the presentations and videos and click on the video you want to be inserted on the the silde thats open

The video you selected will now show up on the ppt screen that is open on the NORMAL SIZE side. You can then have the clip open when you click on it or when the slide comes up - also you can adjust the movie clip size

When shipping/copying send the whole folder with the presentation and videos together. From what I understand any disconnct in the slightest and the videos won't work. In this way the videos are still connected via the folder hence they always read from the same place.

Most of my presentations are over 2G with a plethora of videos and have always worked using this formula.

Kyobanim
04-14-2005, 09:20
Once you've done all this try clicking File and look for the option "Package for CD".

This will create a folder that contains all of the associated files with the presentation. It can then be copied to disk or cd or transferred to another PC

Smokin Joe
04-14-2005, 10:21
Thank you gentlemen,

I will start working on it.

Sweet it worked like a charm. Thanks Hopoe, Casey, and Kyo.

Smokin Joe
04-19-2005, 08:36
Still having a problem.

I did all of the above and it worked for me on my PC.....

But I just e-mailed a copy of a ppt to a buddy for his viewing pleasure and he had to re-hyperlink the video clip in the ppt.

WTH am I doing wrong?

Martin
04-19-2005, 11:29
Can you enter the path by hand or is it only point and click?