PDA

View Full Version : Double Tap Ammo

Trip_Wire (RIP)
04-02-2005, 11:11
I just ordered some Double Tap 10MM Gold Dot, 165 gr. @1400 fps/718ft/lbs (Out of a Glock 20. (Which I'm going to use it in.)

Anybody here have any experience with this round? Any comments?

If not this particular round, their ammo in general? :munchin

alphamale
04-02-2005, 13:27
I was curious to know who started the company and where they came from. I hadn't heard of them before.

Answer to that is here: http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/index.php

I was assuming he came from a different ammo company. Can't tell that from above though.

FrontSight

PS: Hey TripWire, If you talk with him ask him why he didn't name it:

"Mozambique Ammo" :D :D :D

(humor just to get the Team Sergeant's goat)

Goggles Pizano
04-02-2005, 14:56
FS that avatar is priceless! :p

david_reeves
10-09-2005, 21:21
I just ordered some Double Tap 10MM Gold Dot, 165 gr. @1400 fps/718ft/lbs (Out of a Glock 20. (Which I'm going to use it in.)

Anybody here have any experience with this round? Any comments?

If not this particular round, their ammo in general? :munchin

Trip_Wire,

If you could post a review of this ammo once you get the chance it would be apprecieated.

Anyone have any GOOD sources for other 10mm commercial loadings?

thanks

Dave

The Reaper
10-09-2005, 21:29
Trip_Wire,

If you could post a review of this ammo once you get the chance it would be apprecieated.

Anyone have any GOOD sources for other 10mm commercial loadings?

thanks

Dave

Cor-Bon.

I was getting 1586 fps average out of their 135 gr. 10mm JHP load, but I have heard that they since toned it down. That was old school .357 Mag power there.

TR

CarreraGT
10-09-2005, 21:32
I've played with DoubleTap's 165gr Gold Dot .40 out of a Glock 22...

I was impressed with the round compared to others; I took Hydra Shocks, gold Dots, Winchester Super-Xs, RBCD's .40, and the DoubleTaps out into the weeds and shot up pot roasts, clay blocks, etc.

Not scientific per se, but gave a good impression. The RBCD and DoubleTap rounds were the hands down winners as far as I was concerned.

$.02 and worth what you paid for it!

Dave

david_reeves
10-10-2005, 19:58
Cor-Bon.

I was getting 1586 fps average out of their 135 gr. 10mm JHP load, but I have heard that they since toned it down. That was old school .357 Mag power there.

TR

Been shooting the CORBON loads for years.
They're just a bit expensive to keep punching paper with, but, train as you fight, right?

I'm just really trying to see what else is out there, that is reliable, and accurate as well as the CORBON/Winchester Silvertip/Hydrashock/Remington Subsonic 180.

The Eldorado Starfire is horribly in-accurate from my pistol (dangerously so), CCI Blazers print OK enough for punching paper/dinging steel, The new Remington TMJ/FMJ loading is great... If..... you can accept 24" spread at 25 yards....

Dave

Gene Econ
10-10-2005, 20:26
The new Remington TMJ/FMJ loading is great... If..... you can accept 24" spread at 25 yards....Dave

Dave:

Sure that isn't 9mm instead of 10? He, he, he.

24 inches at 25 yards is pretty poor. I haven't seen such poor performance from any factory load from a quality pistol so please fill in the blanks here.

What is going on in your opinion?

Gene

Michelle
10-10-2005, 21:12
PS: Hey TripWire, If you talk with him ask him why he didn't name it:

"Mozambique Ammo" :D :D :D

(humor just to get the Team Sergeant's goat)

Cause then it would have to be called triple-tap hon. Two to center mass, one to the melon = 3 sweets. But then you know this!

:)

m1

david_reeves
10-11-2005, 22:25
Dave:

Sure that isn't 9mm instead of 10? He, he, he.

24 inches at 25 yards is pretty poor. I haven't seen such poor performance from any factory load from a quality pistol so please fill in the blanks here.

What is going on in your opinion?

Gene

9mm...
Ouch....
The only 9mm I own is simply for collector value. Its an H&K VP70Z.
The original polymer frame pistol.

I think that its just one of those loads that my particular G20 doesn't like.
Odds are that it would perform different in a different pistol.

I've tried boxes from various production lots of this load. same results.

I've been searching all over the damn place for the old Remington Subsonic 180GR. No luck. I'm guessing they replaced it with the new "useless for me" load.

I've also been looking at the Georgia Arms ammo. I've seen some pretty good writeups about the "canned heat" in 5.56. But, I havents seen anything about, nor have I tried their pistol ammo. Thats going to change pretty soon though.

Dave

jbour13
10-12-2005, 06:12
Been shooting the CORBON loads for years.
They're just a bit expensive to keep punching paper with, but, train as you fight, right?

I'm just really trying to see what else is out there, that is reliable, and accurate as well as the CORBON/Winchester Silvertip/Hydrashock/Remington Subsonic 180.

The Eldorado Starfire is horribly in-accurate from my pistol (dangerously so), CCI Blazers print OK enough for punching paper/dinging steel, The new Remington TMJ/FMJ loading is great... If..... you can accept 24" spread at 25 yards....

Dave

The Starfire round is good in 40cal, but I've also experienced accuracy problems from their 45 cal 230gr ammo. They claim 1.32 @ 25yds. Now I can't shoot that great but I couldn't pull them any closer than 4in @ 25yds. My control (sanity) group was Winchester white-box ammo (230gr FMJ). It consistently shot an average of 2.25 @ 25yds on the rest. I shot both rounds from my Kimber TLE/RL II, Colt 1991A1 (series 80), USP45, and USP45 Tactical. Group sizes are an average for all 4 pistols.

Since then my round of choice has been Cor-Bon 230gr JHP's. Feed reliably in anything I've got and make good,.....deep holes. Nothin' like good felon replellent. :D

Trip_Wire, let us know how it shoots.

david_reeves
10-26-2005, 22:03
These just got to me a couple days ago.

They ran like a champ, and printed very VERY well out of my G20.

They've got a new customer. 50rds new JHP loads for about 14.00 is very hard to beat for 10mm.

Dave